The 2018 Draft and the mental health of Jets fans?

jetstream23

So, uhhh...how you guys doin'?

I actually had a dream last night that Macc f'd up the draft and literally just wrote "Josh" on his draft card and the NFL gave us Allen instead of Rosen.  It only got more weird from there (the Jets asking to literally measure Mayfield's height during the draft, Maccagnan eating peaches for some reason, etc.)  So yeah, I think I need to step away from the draft talk for a week or so.  (Also, has anyone else seen the face of Baker Mayfield in a piece of burnt toast or on a potato?  Asking for a friend.)

I have this fear that if the giants and browns take a qb everyone is going to rush to call our guy a busy regardless of how the draft pans out giants and browns simply have more weapons to help a rookie qb we don't have an obj/sterling Sheppard/ Evan Ingram or a Jarvis Landry/Josh Gordon/Corey Coleman/David njoku to grow with our rookie we have Anderson/kearse/enunwa...

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

I used to let the Jets ruin my mental health when I was in high school. Thankfully those days are long over, and I'm mostly numb to how inept the organization is.

Fully expecting Josh Allen at 3. When your expectations are zero, there's nowhere to go but up. 

I have been a fan long enough to know that this draft is the one you don't want to pick a favorite. 

Don't ruin this day for yourself. 

Sure, they might take Barkley or Chubb, but if they take a QB I can celebrate 

The last thing I am going to do is to have a crush on the Giants QB 

I'm good. 

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

I have been a fan long enough to know that this draft is the one you don't want to pick a favorite. 

Don't ruin this day for yourself. 

Sure, they might take Barkley or Chubb, but if they take a QB I can celebrate 

The last thing I am going to do is to have a crush on the Giants QB 

I'm good. 

If we pick a QB I will default to a fan of that player and not woulda, shoulda, coulda unless few years later that player ”Sanchizes”

If we pick anything other than a QB I’m turning the TV off and going to do the hyptnotherapy and forget  the  Jets ever existed. 

I used to let the Jets ruin my mental health when I was in high school. Thankfully those days are long over, and I'm mostly numb to how inept the organization is.
Fully expecting Josh Allen at 3. When your expectations are zero, there's nowhere to go but up. 
The real question is how did expectations get so high in the first place

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

The Dodgers are 4-9 coming off a crushing WS defeat.

It's snowing in Iowa today for the third time in April.

I haven't golfed yet this year.

The Jets and the hope of a new QB are actually my salvation at the moment.  What a time to be alive.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Shouldn't we all be required to post our Wonderlic scores in our signatures so we know how to assess the opinion of the poster we're reading?

Can’t give you a Wonderlic number, but I can give you my college grade point average. 

C1E506EF-7353-4F8A-A176-B8553B40E49A.gif

Round 2 (49): Wide Receiver Devin Smith, Ohio State

IMG_4260-article.jpg

I really thought the Jets nailed it again with this pick. Just what their offense needed with Decker and Marshall already in place, a deep threat to take the top off the defense. Smith was expected to contribute right away, but was injured in training camp and missed significant time. He was a one trick pony at Ohio State, but he was very good at that one trick. In the 2014 season he averaged 28.2 (!!!) yards per catch, to go along with 12 touchdowns. His limited route tree was exposed in the NFL, though. Smith looked extremely raw as a route runner when he finally got healthy, and caught only one touchdown for the Jets in 2015. He tore his ACL in Week 14 missing the rest of the season and began the 2016 season on the PUP list. He was active for the last four games but managed just one reception for 20 yards. Things took a turn for the worse this spring when the Jets announced Smith re-tore his ACL and will be out for the entire season. Who knows what this means for his career, but it’s been a disappointing start for the former Ohio State speedster.

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

So, uhhh...how you guys doin'?

I actually had a dream last night that Macc f'd up the draft and literally just wrote "Josh" on his draft card and the NFL gave us Allen instead of Rosen.  It only got more weird from there (the Jets asking to literally measure Mayfield's height during the draft, Maccagnan eating peaches for some reason, etc.)  So yeah, I think I need to step away from the draft talk for a week or so.  (Also, has anyone else seen the face of Baker Mayfield in a piece of burnt toast or on a potato?  Asking for a friend.)

To be honest, you are only confirming what we already knew. :)

Actually gonna be happy with this draft regardless. Rosen and Mayfield are both great prospects IMO and either way there'll be a lot to be hopeful for for the first time in a while. Personally prefer Mayfield, think he's the best in the class actually, but I look forward to being interested in the games again.

Archived