McShay on Macc

HawkeyeJet

I present this without(much) commentary.  I think the general consensus of Jets fan is that Macc has done a poor job.  On the other hand, I think non Jets fans have a different perception.  McShay appears to be one.  I am not advocating for or against, I just find it interesting.  The numbers used here will go down a bit, but I think his overall point would stay the same.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Rubbish

Chris Hackenberg is still on the roster using McShay’s logic he’s now a good draft pick

I agree to a point.  I don't think McShay is saying all are good picks.  But, there will be high turnover of that number going into this season.  Lots of guys are hanging on by a thread.  Hack, Petty and Devin Smith just to name a few. This time next year I'd like to see the number in X of 22.

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I present this without(much) commentary.  I think the general consensus of Jets fan is that Macc has done a poor job.  On the other hand, I think non Jets fans have a different perception.  McShay appears to be one.  I am not advocating for or against, I just find it interesting.  The numbers used here will go down a bit, but I think his overall point would stay the same.

I 

imo, mac is maligned too much.  sure he hasn't drafted those scary players but a lot of that also depend on how the player is used by the team.  imo too, teams make their own all stars.  without a supporting cast of harry carson, carl banks, ey al maybe lawrence taylor doesn't achieve his all planet greatness.  it's a team game and how the team plays is a reflection of how good the players play together.

Jets fans are conditioned to hate the GM, HC, OC and QB 

I think the strongest praise I can think of for Maccagnan is that he seems to be learning from his mistakes and will have cap room to sign key free agents 2 years in a row. 

It's hard to talk about hit rate when the roster is devoid of talent at QB, LT and edge rusher and won 5 games last season. 

GM's are as good as the QB. 

If he hits this pick, then you can recruit coaches and players. 

I love this time of year when draft bros crane their necks to say say something about teams they haven’t seen at all and say sh*t like, “man, solid.” It’s like when you fly out of LaGuardia and you look down at South Jersey and you’re like, “man, that looks nice.” 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That's not what his tweet says or implies at all.  I think you are very aware of that.

So what is the “hit rate” on Devin Smith, Lee, Hack, Petty, Mauldin, Jordan Jenkins and Ardarius Stewart?

Those guys would be attending XFL tryouts right now if it wasn’t for the Macagnan Jets Social Welfare Experiment

15 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I think it’s more of an indictment of a pretty weak top to bottom roster.  Ultimately every GM’s success or failure is determined by the QB position.  We’ll see if Mac gets this right, if not, he’s gone. 

The roster is mediocre at best and we just traded 3x second round picks for a midget qb who would have been there at 6

50 minutes ago, Larz said:

Jets fans are conditioned to hate the GM, HC, OC and QB 

I think the strongest praise I can think of for Maccagnan is that he seems to be learning from his mistakes and will have cap room to sign key free agents 2 years in a row. 

It's hard to talk about hit rate when the roster is devoid of talent at QB, LT and edge rusher and won 5 games last season. 

GM's are as good as the QB. 

If he hits this pick, then you can recruit coaches and players. 

This is the worst regime since Kotite 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’re the GM of another NFL team. Which Jets would you give a third round pick for today? Leo and Adams, maybe? 

Leo is by far Macc’s best draft pick and he’s a good not great 3-4 DE. Adams is overrated and gets blown up by people like Tony Fasano.  He does deserve credit for Robby although that was probably Bowles’ Temple connections telling him to sign him as a rookie UFA

This is a poor analysis.  Aside from the fact many of the drafted players are trash and will be released sooner rather than later, this doesn't take into account draft picks that were traded away for players or for moving up in the draft.

Mac has used five draft picks on the quarterback position without even a third stringer to show for it. Most important position in the sport completely botched up to this point.

Traded a pick for Marshall and he is no longer on the team. Traded a pick for fringe DB who barely saw the field and is no longer on the team.

Devon Smith is technically still in the roster but a complete bust.

The hit rated on picks is much worse when you take these moves and situations into account.

2 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

This is a poor analysis.  Aside from the fact many of the drafted players are trash and will be released sooner rather than later, this doesn't take into account draft picks that were traded away for players or for moving up in the draft.

Mac has used five draft picks on the quarterback position without even a third stringer to show for it. Most important position in the sport completely botched up to this point.

Traded a pick for Marshall and he is no longer on the team. Traded a pick for fringe DB who barely saw the field and is no longer on the team.

The hit rated on picks is much worse when you take these moves into account.

McShay is better than this I don’t know why he’s acting like Macc has a clue

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I love this time of year when draft bros crane their necks to say say something about teams they haven’t seen at all and say sh*t like, “man, solid.” It’s like when you fly out of LaGuardia and you look down at South Jersey and you’re like, “man, that looks nice.” 

South Jersey?.... like Cape May?

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I tried sharing this tidbit a couple weeks ago and got the same replies...  monosyllabic grunts about Hackenburg and a circle jerk of despair. 

27 minutes ago, Pac said:

I tried sharing this tidbit a couple weeks ago and got the same replies...  monosyllabic grunts about Hackenburg and a circle jerk of despair. 

Personally, I prefer circle jerks to more positive things than despair 

Archived