Is Eli Manning overrated?

Patriot Killa

Is Eli overrated?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

I am arguing with a few friends of mine.(Cardinals and Ravens fans)

I say he is overrated and has consistently gone 7-9 and 8-8 besides those two SB teams that ran off of Rushing and Defense.

I said he doesn’t elevate his team like Rodgers, Peyton or Brady. He needs a RB to take the pressure off of him. He isn’t a pure enough pocket passer. He needed Tiki Barber and Bradshaw as to where Rodgers can have a lazy Eddie Lacy or a converted WR(Ty Montgomery) and win.

They are arguing me that the Giants are soooo much better than the Jets but yet when I pointed out how lackluster their seasons actually are and have been for the last 15 year...besides those two SB teams..it’s just something they can’t quite process. 

So with this I ask you...is Eli overrated?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I say he is overrated and has consistently gone 7-9 and 8-8 besides those two SB teams that ran off of Rushing and Defense.

I said he doesn’t elevate his team like Rodgers, Peyton or Brady. He needs a RB to take the pressure off of him. He isn’t a pure enough pocket passer. He needed Tiki Barber and Bradshaw as to where Rodgers can have a lazy Eddie Lacy or a converted WR(Ty Montgomery) and win.

They are arguing me that the Giants are soooo much better than the Jets but yet when I pointed out how lackluster their seasons actually are and have been for the last 15 year...besides those two SB teams..it’s just something they can’t quite process. 

OMG you have just started an endless thread for @NYJUNC

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He is 100% VERY overrated ! But he is 100% much better then any Jet qb we had since broadway joe lol. That is not a compliment, when a terrible, horrible qb as Mark Sanchez is considered maybe best qb since Joe N, that is just horrible

Vinny when he was healthy?

44 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yes they suck too cept maybe those two freaking Lombardi’s ... TWO

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

The biggest argument against the whole doesn’t elevate like Rodgers ect. is the 2011 NFC playoff game vs Rodgers in GB where Eli basically said FU Rodgers I’m hitching this wagon on my back, and run through your house, and there isn’t nothing you can do about it, and then the 2 game winning SB drives he basically did the same thing.

Mid 30’s Eli yeah maybe overrated, but Mid 20’s to early 30’s not overrated IMO.

Yes

I’ll give him props all day for those SB wins against the Pats, but get the f*ck outta here...

Elite, HOF caliber QB’s shouldn’t lead the league in turnovers 3 times in their careers and routinely look middle of the pack outside of two majestical seasons. 

2 Super Bowl wins doesn’t automatically make you a HOFer. Just ask Jim Plunkett.

P.S.

The Giants would be complete dildos to pass on taking a potential successor to Eli at #2.  

I don't think he's overrated in general because so many feel he's an above-average at best QB that's had some great moments.

I do think some Giants fans overrate him, though if he did what he's done for them for the Jets, I'd love him too.

If Joe Flacco gets a ring in the next few years they're pretty similar QBs aren't they?

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why?

It started with the smirky comment “How does it feel playing the baby brother to the Giants.” Shortly after I named off every QB the Cardinals have ever had under center and basically told him that both our teams QB history has been trash but at least we got some sort of production out of our sh*t players(Fitz/McCown) as opposed to Kevin Kolb, Derek Anderson, Matt Leinhart, Drew Stanton, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and so on and so on. 

So he hit me with that Giants line and I went off about how Eli really just ain’t even that great tbh.

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He is 100% VERY overrated ! But he is 100% much better then any Jet qb we had since broadway joe lol. That is not a compliment, when a terrible, horrible qb as Mark Sanchez is considered maybe best qb since Joe N, that is just horrible

#-o

2 hours ago, Jethead said:

2 rings. ‘Nuff said.

Just a little memory refresher.

In both games he got a ring.  1st one Tyree catches 4th and forever on top of his head with 4 guys draped around him.  The guy’s hands were so bad most of the time, he was quickly cut not long after.  The ball hits the turf....NO ring #1.

2nd one, Brady hits Wes Welker between the numbers, with no Giant within 5 yards of him, should have been a 1st down that would have allowed NE to run out the clock and there would have been no final Giant drive....NO ring #2.

Manning has been a very good QB in streaks, he’s not consistent throughout his career...and very very lucky to have even a single ring.

For younger fans, there was close to a 20 YEAR PERIOD prior to LT being drafted in 1981, where the Giants were not better than some of the worst Jet teams to ever hit the field...close to 20 YEARS, I’ll repeat myself.  So without their 2 lucky Manning rings, Giant fans would have ONLY the Phil Simms almost perfect Super Bowl to talk sh*t about....a WORSE run when those who denigrate our teams lone Super Bowl win and how long ago it was.

49 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Just a little memory refresher.

In both games he got a ring.  1st one Tyree catches 4th and forever on top of his head with 4 guys draped around him.  The guy’s hands were so bad most of the time, he was quickly cut not long after.  The ball hits the turf....NO ring #1.

2nd one, Brady hits Wes Welker between the numbers, with no Giant within 5 yards of him, should have been a 1st down that would have allowed NE to run out the clock and there would have been no final Giant drive....NO ring #2.

Manning has been a very good QB in streaks, he’s not consistent throughout his career...and very very lucky to have even a single ring.

For younger fans, there was close to a 20 YEAR PERIOD prior to LT being drafted in 1981, where the Giants were not better than some of the worst Jet teams to ever hit the field...close to 20 YEARS, I’ll repeat myself.  So without their 2 lucky Manning rings, Giant fans would have ONLY the Phil Simms almost perfect Super Bowl to talk sh*t about....a WORSE run when those who denigrate our teams lone Super Bowl win and how long ago it was.

The Tyree catch was not on 4th down.

Well, what is Eli actually rated?  Tell me that and then I'll tell you if he's overrated or not.

In all seriousness, he's a walking enigma.  Many, many average to below average seasons for a "franchise QB" yet he ascended to the mountaintop not once, but twice which is something the Jets haven't done in almost 50 years.

Mark Sanchez went to two AFC Championship Games in a row.  No other Jets QB has achieved that.  Is he underrated or overrated?

45 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Well, what is Eli actually rated?  Tell me that and then I'll tell you if he's overrated or not.

In all seriousness, he's a walking enigma.  Many, many average to below average seasons for a "franchise QB" yet he ascended to the mountaintop not once, but twice which is something the Jets haven't done in almost 50 years.

Mark Sanchez went to two AFC Championship Games in a row.  No other Jets QB has achieved that.  Is he underrated or overrated?

Difference between mark Sanchez and Eli. Sanchez played horrible in 1 half of football each afc championship game. That cost us a ring. Eli held his own and played big in a COMPLETE game. Eli may not be very good, but unlike Sanchez he got them a ring, two. 1 against probably the best team ever, 18-1 patriots 

Archived