Where Does CJ Anderson End Up?

New York Mick

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

A 1000 yard back that can catch isn’t a number one back? 

A 27 year old RB that has 1 1k yard season and that was just barely over 1k yards is not a player a team will sign to be their feature back. He may become a #1 back by default after injuries etc.., but he is not very good. He is merely solid and better suited as part of a committee. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

A 27 year old RB that has 1 1k yard season and that was just barely over 1k yards is not a player a team will sign to be their feature back. He may become a #1 back by default after injuries etc.., but he is not very good. He is merely solid and better suited as part of a committee. 

I thought he was only 25 but I could still see him as the number one back on a team like the Giants. Him and Darkwa together wouldn’t be bad. 

If I was the Giants I’d take Barkley though. 

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

A 1000 yard back that can catch isn’t a number one back? 

Shonn Greene had two straight 1k seasons and caught 30 passes the year before. CJ’s highest catch total? 34. Greene wasn’t a #1. 

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Not jets ? Oh I forgot. We have about 5 #2 backs ha. Giants may be keeping that spot open for a reason. 

Anderson and Crowell are pretty close talent wise so there’s no need for him here. He could be a number one on some teams like the Giants or the Bucs or a number two on a team like Pitt or Buffalo. I’m not sold on Johnson in buffalo. 

8 hours ago, New York Mick said:

He can play every down and average 1000 yards a season. He’s not a superstar but he’s a solid RB. 

A.  He did it once.

B.  It did behind a Denver OL

C.  No, a 1,000 yards and 250 yards of pass catching does not make a #1 back.  Maybe when there was 14 games in a season.

I would like to see another data point with similar performance as last year before I calling l him solid.  I mean since he has only done it once in 5 years.

1 hour ago, GKnight83 said:

A.  He did it once.

B.  It did behind a Denver OL

C.  No, a 1,000 yards and 250 yards of pass catching does not make a #1 back.  Maybe when there was 14 games in a season.

I would like to see another data point with similar performance as last year before I calling l him solid.  I mean since he has only done it once in 5 years.

He wants to be the number one back and he’d be the number one on a few teams. 

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Hes not a number 1 back but he might do okay in a 3 man backfield. 53 yards per game career average and 4 TDs a year is pretty ordinary

Agreed Seems rather pedestrian numbers and Denver released him.

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Our number one by default. Doesn’t mean he was a #1 RB. 

#1 is number one. If a team needs a starting QB they’ll take players like Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, McCown etc. if teams need a starting RB they’ll take guys like Crowell and Anderson. There’s only so many stars. Anderson wants to be the number one guy and he’s good enough to do that on a few teams. 

Look on the bright side at least we’re not talking about the ******* QBs. 

47 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

#1 is number one. If a team needs a starting QB they’ll take players like Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, McCown etc. if teams need a starting RB they’ll take guys like Crowell and Anderson. There’s only so many stars. Anderson wants to be the number one guy and he’s good enough to do that on a few teams. 

Look on the bright side at least we’re not talking about the ******* QBs. 

Agree to disagree. Anderson is not a #1 RB. 

Archived