Possible 3 way trade at the top of the draft

prime21

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jetstream23 said:

The one thing I believe, the Giants don't want to be at #2 if they're not taking a QB.  

Makes no sense. Eli has been nothing but average and is slowing down. Got lucky and defense win him couple Super Bowls complete with MVP’s. No way Giants don’t draft the heir apparent. No way. Don’t make me call @nyjunc. Eli is basically Mark Sanchez if Mark Sanchez Mom did it with Frankenstein. Basically 

No way the Giants would slide down to 12, and in that case you're suggesting the Browns would be trading down from both of their first rounders AND the Giants from there's, for the Bills to move up.  What the hell does anyone think the Bills can make this deal happen with exactly?  Their two first rounders wouldn't even cover the Browns' demands never mind the Giants'.

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Makes no sense. Eli has been nothing but average and is slowing down. Got lucky and defense win him couple Super Bowls complete with MVP’s. No way Giants don’t draft the heir apparent. No way. Don’t make me call @nyjunc. Eli is basically Mark Sanchez if Mark Sanchez Mom did it with Frankenstein. Basically 

Eli is basically Peyton Manning if Peyton's mom didn't realize she was pregnant and did some heavy binge drinking. 

Oh wait...

This is so dumb I don't know where to start.  But let's start.

Either the Bills are trading up to #2 (swap with Giants) and then again to #1, or they are trading up to #4, then to #2, then to #1 (based on what the tweet says).   So let's start with the first one.  Bills need enough currency to convince the Giants to trade down to 12 (when we strongly suspect 3 2nds wasn't enough to get them to 6).  And they then need enough left over to get the Browns to trade down from 1 to 2.  I can't even imagine how much draft capital that will take.  It will make the Ricky Williams trade look like a bargain.  

I also don't know why the Browns would bother trading down.  They have so many premium picks already.  Why give up a shot at Barkley for more picks.  At some point, you have to draft future stars.  What does make sense is the Giants moving down to #4 where they can realistically take Nelson if that's who they really want.  So if BUF can get to 4 and still have enough left over to get the Giants to move down, that could work.  But I see no way they get CLE to drop out of the first pick unless CLE really knows they don't want the same QB as BUF.  

Frankly, seeing BUF strip their 2018 and 2019 drafts (and maybe a chunk of 2020) completely empty of premium picks for one risky QB prospect will make our trade with IND feel a lot better.  

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

This is so dumb I don't know where to start.  But let's start.

Either the Bills are trading up to #2 (swap with Giants) and then again to #1, or they are trading up to #4, then to #2, then to #1 (based on what the tweet says).   So let's start with the first one.  Bills need enough currency to convince the Giants to trade down to 12 (when we strongly suspect 3 2nds wasn't enough to get them to 6).  And they then need enough left over to get the Browns to trade down from 1 to 2.  I can't even imagine how much draft capital that will take.  It will make the Ricky Williams trade look like a bargain.  

I also don't know why the Browns would bother trading down.  They have so many premium picks already.  Why give up a shot at Barkley for more picks.  At some point, you have to draft future stars.  What does make sense is the Giants moving down to #4 where they can realistically take Nelson if that's who they really want.  So if BUF can get to 4 and still have enough left over to get the Giants to move down, that could work.  But I see no way they get CLE to drop out of the first pick unless CLE really knows they don't want the same QB as BUF.  

Frankly, seeing BUF strip their 2018 and 2019 drafts (and maybe a chunk of 2020) completely empty of premium picks for one risky QB prospect will make our trade with IND feel a lot better.  

More than likely you'll be getting your wish.  Tyrod Taylor is no longer on Buffalo's roster.  They absolutely need a QB and they have plenty of ammo to trade up.  I wouldn't be surprised if they have deals in place with the top few teams other than the Jets.  For example, maybe the Giants would take Darnold at #2 but, if he's not there, then they have a trade in place with Buffalo.  

23 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Bahaahahahaaa!

Nice!

This is on the Bills board as a possible way the trade could go down.

Daniel Jeremiah and Kay Adams have also dropped some subtweets

Bills get #1 

Browns get 2, 12 and 22, 53, Bills 2019 1st, Bills 2020 3rd

Giants get 4, 35, 65

Bills select Sam Darnold

Browns take Josh Allen

Giants take Saquon Barkley

Giants aren't getting much of a premium for this one.  Does seem pretty safe they would get Barkley though as CLE couldn't get cute and take him at 2 so they might be willing.  CLE gets a nice haul out of it.  Heck, I guess it could happen.  And amazingly, BUF still retains a 2nd and 3rd rounder this year when all is said and done.  

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

This is on the Bills board as a possible way the trade could go down.

Giants aren't getting much of a premium for this one.  Does seem pretty safe they would get Barkley though as CLE couldn't get cute and take him at 2 so they might be willing.  CLE gets a nice haul out of it.  Heck, I guess it could happen.  And amazingly, BUF still retains a 2nd and 3rd rounder this year when all is said and done.  

Dave Gettleman: “where’s the Italian?”

61F6CF0C-D721-4BAC-83D7-29C3A223421C.gif

54246F66-7A27-4B14-8806-E29EC04BA909.gif

Just now, DetroitRed said:

Don’t think the Browns are giving up 1 or 4

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I tend to agree.  It seems...improbable to say the least.  I would think BUF would have to pay a lot more to move up from 12 to 1.  Also saw a tweet that the guy who tweeted this rumor also tweeted Norwell to NYG was a done deal and OBJ to the Rams trade was a done deal.  So there's that...

Archived