Possible 3 way trade at the top of the draft

prime21

59 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

To fall back 1 pick and then to fall back 8 picks you’d be receiving 2 first round picks. Maybe you lose some value chart wise but if you are falling to #2 you are doing it because you can still select your guy. So IMO it’s more falling from 4 to 12 and adding 22 and 2019 1st, I’d do it.

Same as my rely to Hawk ... You guys are a trusting bunch ... Either that , or I'm just a jaded, bitter, old man :shrug:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

A bills 1st rounder next yr could very well be top 10. Maybe the browns are thinking ahead again. They want two top 5 picks again next yr lol

The Browns have a 12 year plan to get themselves a wild card.

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Makes no sense. Eli has been nothing but average and is slowing down. Got lucky and defense win him couple Super Bowls complete with MVP’s. No way Giants don’t draft the heir apparent. No way. Don’t make me call @nyjunc. Eli is basically Mark Sanchez if Mark Sanchez Mom did it with Frankenstein. Basically 

I hope they ignore QB, I hope Eli starts for them another 5-6 years. It just means NYG will continue to struggle and I like to see them struggle.

For the life of me, I can't come up with a way how the Bills end up with the #1 overall pick in a 3 way deal with the Browns and the Gints . Why on Earth would the Browns trade the 1st pick for the 2 late 1st round picks plus more when they already own more picks that they know what to do with . The Highest I can see the Bills getting is to the 2nd pick and it would probably take to trades to accomplish this task . The Bills could conceivably  trade those 2 1st round picks and a few other picks for the #4 pick and then trade that pick plus a few more picks to the Giants for the 2nd pick. 

What am I missing here and why doesn't any of this make sense  ?

15 hours ago, Persiussa said:

I don’t think there has ever been an nfl 3 team deal. I don’t remember one.

I think that when the Jets sent Abraham to the Falcons it was a 3-team deal.  Jets were insisting on a first, but the Falcons didn't want to give up 15.  The Seahawks had offered 31, so Atlanta traded 15 to the Broncos for 29 and some other picks.  They gave the Jets 29 (Mangold) and held the others.  Denver wanted Abraham too, but I don't think they could afford him, in the end, they traded up again for Cutler. 

24 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

For the life of me, I can't come up with a way how the Bills end up with the #1 overall pick in a 3 way deal with the Browns and the Gints . Why on Earth would the Browns trade the 1st pick for the 2 late 1st round picks plus more when they already own more picks that they know what to do with . The Highest I can see the Bills getting is to the 2nd pick and it would probably take to trades to accomplish this task . The Bills could conceivably  trade those 2 1st round picks and a few other picks for the #4 pick and then trade that pick plus a few more picks to the Giants for the 2nd pick. 

What am I missing here and why doesn't any of this make sense  ?

I agree with you.  If I am the Browns, I am not getting cute.  I am staying at number 1 and I am taking my highest rated QB -- likely Darnold.  And then I am taking either the top or 2nd ranked position player on my board at 4.  I still have several other premium day 2 picks to add other talent.  No need to get cute.

The Browns need talent, not more picks.

10 hours ago, hawk said:

There aint no might be there at 4.  There just aint.

I agree with your entire post except --- and it's a long shot but if you're the Giants and absolulely want your guy....

Let's say The Jets are on the clock - What's to stop the Jets from doing a deal with Denver - if Denver really wants Barkley/Chubb - Jets do a deal with Denver to jump the Giants - Jets get back a second - or even next years second - and the Jets are still locked in to get 1 of the 4 QB's (liklely have the same two available at 5 that would be there at 3)

Now, Denver has to really like one of those two guys a lot over the other to make this move....but if you're the Giants are you going to risk NOT getting your guy for 53 and 56?

8 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

I would be ZERO stock in ANYTHING on a Bills board. They are totally delusional. The Giants are not getting much of a premium because it's on a delusional Bills board...that's why.

Amazingly Bills keep a 2nd and 3rd rounder this year because it's on a delusional Bills board. They have little concept of reality.

so, Bills fans are delusional?

In regards to the idea of this deal being dependent on a Bills/Browns handshake agreement of their interest in different players, if that were the case then the Bills would have absolutely no incentive to move up to #1.  They might as well just stick to a deal with the Giants for the #2 spot.  The only reason to involve another team in such a deal would be if the Giants were refusing to move down as far as #12, in which case the Bills would have to move up in another deal before they could work it out with the Giants.  Now granted, that could potentially involve the Browns' #4 pick to help make that happen, but no reason to include #1 as well, especially considering the goal would obviously be to jump the Jets.

I still don't think that would happen, as the Bills would have to give up both of their first rounders just to move up to #4, leaving very little left to help convince the Giants to make that move, unless they start giving up future years' picks.

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree with your entire post except --- and it's a long shot but if you're the Giants and absolulely want your guy....

Let's say The Jets are on the clock - What's to stop the Jets from doing a deal with Denver - if Denver really wants Barkley/Chubb - Jets do a deal with Denver to jump the Giants - Jets get back a second - or even next years second - and the Jets are still locked in to get 1 of the 4 QB's (liklely have the same two available at 5 that would be there at 3)

Now, Denver has to really like one of those two guys a lot over the other to make this move....but if you're the Giants are you going to risk NOT getting your guy for 53 and 56?

"What's to stop the Jets from doing a deal with Denver?  "

Answer to the above question:  Senor Gato.    :banned:

:rip:  

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

As long as Mayfield is there at 3, i dont care what happens w/ the 1st 2 picks.

Curious what makes you so gun ho about taking Mayfield. 

I like the guy, I like his attitude, leadership, moxy, toughness and winning pedigree and accuracy. Here are my concerns once he hits the next level.

Leadership, attitude and toughness is all good- if you can't equate that to winning, it doesn't really matter. In the NFL you win with talent. IMHO. 

Mayfield played on a loaded team. He had offensive weapons around him but more importantly, a nasty offensive line. He seems to be regularly untouched when he passes the ball and his receivers are wide open. This is NOT what he will see in the NFL. This concerns me. Pretty much every other top QB prospect struggled with drops of lack of protection- Allen, Rosen, and Darnold all had porous O-lines at one point or another in their college career and persevered. This is the main reason why I think Mayfield's lack of height and even hand size matters. This is why him coming from a college system matters. This is why I think the Mayfield we saw in college will be a far cry from the Mayfield we will see in the NFL.     

21 minutes ago, peebag said:

so, Bills fans are delusional?

YES ! I deal with them on a daily basis. A back up player ... "well we could easily get a 2nd rounder for him if we traded him. " Their whole roster is made up of All Pro players easily worth 1st or 2nd rounders in trades. They are not reality based. 

17 hours ago, nycdan said:

This is so dumb I don't know where to start.  But let's start.

Either the Bills are trading up to #2 (swap with Giants) and then again to #1, or they are trading up to #4, then to #2, then to #1 (based on what the tweet says).   So let's start with the first one.  Bills need enough currency to convince the Giants to trade down to 12 (when we strongly suspect 3 2nds wasn't enough to get them to 6).  And they then need enough left over to get the Browns to trade down from 1 to 2.  I can't even imagine how much draft capital that will take.  It will make the Ricky Williams trade look like a bargain.  

I also don't know why the Browns would bother trading down.  They have so many premium picks already.  Why give up a shot at Barkley for more picks.  At some point, you have to draft future stars.  What does make sense is the Giants moving down to #4 where they can realistically take Nelson if that's who they really want.  So if BUF can get to 4 and still have enough left over to get the Giants to move down, that could work.  But I see no way they get CLE to drop out of the first pick unless CLE really knows they don't want the same QB as BUF.  

Frankly, seeing BUF strip their 2018 and 2019 drafts (and maybe a chunk of 2020) completely empty of premium picks for one risky QB prospect will make our trade with IND feel a lot better.  

The logic is Giants don't want out of the top 5 so Giants would move from 2 to 4....

Bills would jump from 12 to 2...

and Browns drop from 4 to 12....

Bills send 53 and 65 to giants to move down 2 spots behind the Jets who isn't going to take their guy....

Bills send Browns 12, 22, and 65 to go from 12 to 2

Additional trade if they force it upon the bills.... 2019 first rounder to go from 2 to 1... 

Bills get Darnold

Browns get Mayfield or Allen at 2

Jets get Rosen or Mayfield at 3

Giants still get Barkley / Chubb

or something like that.

42 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Eli has been done for 4-5 years now. He can still go on the field and play but he's terrible.

Lol! Come on bro he was like the 6th ranked qb in nfl in 2015 ?.. giants were HORRIBLE last yr. eli was not good either, but his worst yr was still better than mark Sanchez best. Sanchez stats in 09 were twice as bad as eli’s Last yr and we still made it to afcc. It’s not all qb. 

None of these 4 are going to come in and do better in their first 2 yrs with a terrible team. If they don’t fix the wholes with talent, doesn’t matter who they put back there. No sense in them doubling up on the qb positions now when they have so many problems elsewhere. We want giants to pick non qb don’t we ?

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol! Come on bro he was like the 6th ranked qb in nfl in 2015 ?.. giants were HORRIBLE last yr. eli was not good either, but his worst yr was still better than mark Sanchez best. Sanchez stats in 09 were twice as bad as eli’s Last yr and we still made it to afcc. It’s not all qb. 

None of these 4 are going to come in and do better in their first 2 yrs with a terrible team. If they don’t fix the wholes with talent, doesn’t matter who they put back there. No sense in them doubling up on the qb positions now when they have so many problems elsewhere. We want giants to pick non qb don’t we ?

He was terrible in 2015, you are looking at blind numbers. Everyone blames the D for the blown leads but go back and see what he did, he was just as responsible. Just look at the game against us, he kept us in that game and allowed us to pull it out.

In 2016 he was also terrible, led O to 17 PPG but with a healthy Odell.

He had been struggling for many years and I hope NYG keeps him around for a long time.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He was terrible in 2015, you are looking at blind numbers. Everyone blames the D for the blown leads but go back and see what he did, he was just as responsible. Just look at the game against us, he kept us in that game and allowed us to pull it out.

In 2016 he was also terrible, led O to 17 PPG but with a healthy Odell.

He had been struggling for many years and I hope NYG keeps him around for a long time.

35 tds only 14 ints. 93.6 qbr, 4432 passing yards ! Bro I hate the giants too but your bias is beyond comical lol. He has proven he is best under pressure. They just have to get in the playoffs and have a shot. Not like we knew we were doomed with Sanchez who choked in the both afcc. 

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

The logic is Giants don't want out of the top 5 so Giants would move from 2 to 4....

Bills would jump from 12 to 2...

and Browns drop from 4 to 12....

Bills send 53 and 65 to giants to move down 2 spots behind the Jets who isn't going to take their guy....

Bills send Browns 12, 22, and 65 to go from 12 to 2

Additional trade if they force it upon the bills.... 2019 first rounder to go from 2 to 1... 

Bills get Darnold

Browns get Mayfield or Allen at 2

Jets get Rosen or Mayfield at 3

Giants still get Barkley / Chubb

or something like that.

No where near enough compensation for the Browns to do that. The math just doesnt work. Plus why would the Browns even consider moving to 12. As it is they are guaranteed a Top QB prospect and either Barkley or Chubb. 

Archived