Dog or Cat Person

joyce_mor

Do you guys own any of these two furballs at home? Feel free to talk about them here. I am more of a dog lover as I find cats pretty unpredictable. My Pomeranian is kind of like a toddler, he always leaves his dog toys everywhere. He tends to be lunatic sometimes as he run all over the house.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with Warfish. Always cats, never dogs. We currently have 3 , all rescues. 15 year old Miss Amanda Hug and Kiss, Mia (wife's ) and Ellen Ripley my 2 year old tortie, seal point Siamese shadow. (  I'm Thai Jet so you KNOW I'd have a Siamese) Where ever I go , she goes. She's right on the chair next to me as I'm typing this. She's totally insane. If I get a phone call it's her signal to rampage thru the house , tail bushed out , at full speed from one end to the other and back till I get off the phone. Insane.

Grew up with and love dogs. Never had a cat. Believed the angle that they're useless moochers. But I travel too much to get a dog here. Plus every dog I see is absolutely miserable in this climate. So I decided to adopt some street cats (my daughter begged). Now I love those little SOBs. They do their thing, I do mine. Once or twice a day, they're like "oh you still live here? cool. Let's watch some TV together."

More love for Cats on here than I was anticipating.

Love both, and would really like to have a dog, but just not practical for various reasons. Eventually, when the kids grow up and I have more time, I plan to get some retired greyhounds.

Had a dog, Flash, when I was very young, and he was awesome. Since then, have had a series of cats who were all great pets with really distinct and interesting personalities. Duchess was elegant and a real lady, Tiger was a moody loner but very loyal to me - she had little time for any other humans. Mij was truly tiny, the smallest from her litter and originally not expected to survive. Tiger kind of adopted her, despite her loner tendencies, and they became inseparable. Tabitha was crazy and independent, and always ready to surprise.

My current cat, Scout, is the most non-catlike cat I have ever had. She is rubbish at cat stuff like hunting and jumping, and is scared of just about everything - humans, other cats, the wind, leaves, etc, etc. We installed a cat-flap for her, but she very rarely uses it or goes outside. She much prefers observing nature from the safety of the house, and vaguely growling at anything that she sees. She will come out into the garden when we are outside as she knows she has back-up, but otherwise is happy just hanging out around the house and following us from room to room so she can fall asleep on top of whatever we are reading/working on/eating. I have serious doubts that she actually knows she is a cat.

Cats are amazing. They do the funniest things and are much smarter than given credit for.

Lost an 18 yr old calico last fall. It was terrible. I could think of at least 10 people I know that if they had died it would have affected me less.

Hey I dig dogs Especially hunting breeds. I have had a couple of awesome  canines over the years but for any one who thinks cats are dumb compared to dogs I offer 2 examples.

I travel for 4-5 days at a time and leave enough food and water and litter  for the cats. When I get home half the food is still there and they are thrilled to see me.

Try that with a a dog. You will come home to a starving animal that ate all the food the first day, peed and sh*t all over the house and then resorted to eating throw pillows.

Also......hypothetical...take a dog and a cat and release them into the wild during the winter.

Who makes to spring time alive and well?

I have two dogs and a cat named Kyree Irving. In theory the cat is my sons because he rescued it when it was 4 months old. It’s also a female cat with a boys name but we are a a non gender specific household. I guess now at least. 

The cat is pretty smart and likes to climb on stuff and look down at my dogs as her drooling ignorant subjects. My larger dog would probably like to chase her but she is way too smart for that nonsense. Just gets owned by the cats positional superiority. Chess and checkers if you will.

My seventh month year old French Bulldog likes to bark at her but runs the second she looks at him. Usually to go eat her food. 

Still dogs over cats but Kyree  is cool with me. 

Added bonus one of my wife’s annoying friend is allergic to cats and after 15 years of terrorizing me has declared my home inhabitable. “ Kyree shoots, Kyree scores.” If you ask Mrs Crusher she might tell you that’s the reason I let the kid keep the cat. If you ask me I just smile. 

I have both, and I can understand the appeal of both. 

I had cats for most of my adult life. I usually gravitated toward Siamese cats because they're complete assholes just like me. Currently I have a 13-year-old calico/tabby mix. 

I'm the only male in the house now, so a couple of years ago I decided to get a dog so I could have someone to watch sports with and blame farts on. He's a basset hound I named Martin--after Curtis Martin. He's as stubborn as a Jets OC and as whiny as Dez Bryant but otherwise awesome. He was also the cutest puppy I've ever seen in my life. This is from the day I picked him up--he's sitting on my Yankees jacket. 

dog.jpg

42 minutes ago, Bombdirt said:

I had cats for most of my adult life. I usually gravitated toward Siamese cats because they're complete assholes just like me. Currently I have a 13-year-old calico/tabby mix. 

I'm the only male in the house now, so a couple of years ago I decided to get a dog so I could have someone to watch sports with and blame farts on. He's a basset hound I named Martin--after Curtis Martin. He's as stubborn as a Jets OC and as whiny as Dez Bryant but otherwise awesome. He was also the cutest puppy I've ever seen in my life. This is from the day I picked him up--he's sitting on my Yankees jacket. 

dog.jpg

Holy sh*t what a cutie. 

1 hour ago, Bombdirt said:

dog.jpg

Adorable 

10 hours ago, mrcoops said:

More love for Cats on here than I was anticipating.

I have serious doubts that she actually knows she is a cat.

lol   My Siamese Ellen Ripley thinks she's a dog. She acts more like a dog, except the sleeping 23 hrs a day, than a cat. I've had 2 -3 cats like that. My daughter said they're called Cat dogs or dog cats. Whatever, they're insane.

20 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

lol   My Siamese Ellen Ripley thinks she's a dog. She acts more like a dog, except the sleeping 23 hrs a day, than a cat. I've had 2 -3 cats like that. My daughter said they're called Cat dogs or dog cats. Whatever, they're insane.

0E839EAF-AAE9-4FCA-90D6-B039C5793DE4.jpeg

Cats are douchebags and cat people are insane. You are living with an animal that if it were just a little bigger it would 100% ******* murder you in your sleep. (Yes, even your cat, which is not "just like a dog")

Dogs save lives and stop crimes. Literally. Every day. They have a distinct kinship with human beings that goes further back than most of us can even comprehend. Cats are little t-rex's covered in fur, and the people that love them are the exact people who won't be surviving The Purge when it gets implemented.

11 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Also......hypothetical...take a dog and a cat and release them into the wild during the winter.

Who makes to spring time alive and well?

Gonna go out on a limb here and argue that the Tibetan Mastiff makes it a little longer than Tanner the Persian Cat.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

HOW CAN YOU SAY CAT PEOPLE WONT SURVIVE THE PURGE? Dog People are codependent WEENIES and cat people THRIVE on conflict and BLOODSPORT. THIS IS YOUR MOST INDEFENSIBLE TAKE DOUG

Yeah I'm pretty sure my Dobermans and I will be just fine when the alarm sounds. You and your American bobtails are not surviving the first break-in.

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Never owned a cat before but I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. 

My fiance's favorite pets are rabbits, so I'm not sure how that would work out, lol. 

I used to have a greyhound.  He was a racing dog that we rescued after he broke his leg.  When rabbits got into our yard, they didn't stand a chance.  Was not a pretty site.

Archived