Nick Mangold Announces Retriement

Lith

Cheers - Thank you Nick! 

I would have liked to see you play one more year, but glad you stayed true, at different times you were the best player at your position in the NCAA, National Champion with the Buckeyes and later the NFL, playing your entire NFL career for one team, our JETS, that stadium will rock the day you are announced into the JETS Ring of Honor... 

Looking forward to the next chapter, do the Jets need an OL coach? seem to do well with the big guys, Rex was never the same as a skinny coach  :)

There are not a lot of former Jets that I can think of that are universally beloved by the fan base.  Joe Klecko and Wayne Chrebet come to mind.  As does Mangold.  A professional in every sense of the word.

53 minutes ago, Lith said:

Will sign one day coGood luck in your retirement, Nick.  You were a great Jet.

245144854_400x400.jpg

Future HOF'er (in a just world) Nick Mangold, a real NY JET all time great.

Sadly, I think he gets the Klecko treatment Part 2.

Classy guy  I thought he still had plenty in gas tank to help a struggling team. 

When Revis retires, he would ask to sign a one day contract with the Jets as well. And he would hold out for better pay for that one day contract. Smh. 

Thank you Nick for being such a solid player and team leader for so many years. I'm sorry your departure from the Jets happened the way it did. You anchored an OL that helped lead this team to back-to-back AFCCGs and you are probably the best first-round draft this team has made in the past 20 years. You deserve a spot in the Ring of Honor

I thought half this board suddenly hated the guy becasue he was a Fitz fan?

2006 draft, best one since I have been following the jets.

Dbrick and Mangold, 10 year pro bowl starters

Eric smith was not great but was a starter for a few years

Brad smith a very useful swiss army guy

Leon Washington pro bowl returner

Drew coleman like smith not great but played for the team for a few years.

Even the Kellen Clemens maneuver of trading down in the 2nd then back up to get him was a good move even though he did not work out.

Brick and Mangold were foundational pieces for this team and a huge part of the afc champ runs. Can't help but mention the guy was tough as nails, which probably took its toll on him later in his career. Played through countless injuries and never complained about it. 

Also loved when he went one on one with kris jenkins on hard knocks. Like titans battling. 

Archived