Josh Allen struggles under pressure, needs patient team

LAD_Brooklyn

On 4/18/2018 at 11:41 AM, LAD_Brooklyn said:

II. DEFENSE

Pass rush games are prohibited at all times. Only four rushers allowed, no 5-man pressures or blitzes from secondary permitted.

Coaches and Senior Bowl observers will be responsible for the defensive requirements.

Personnel

• 4-3 personnel
  • 3-4 personnel
    • a. Substitution packages, i.e., dime, short-yardage or goal line packages, are not permitted at any time. However, teams are permitted to play three cornerbacks in a four-man secondary. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

II. DEFENSE

Pass rush games are prohibited at all times. Only four rushers allowed, no 5-man pressures or blitzes from secondary permitted.

Coaches and Senior Bowl observers will be responsible for the defensive requirements.

Personnel

• 4-3 personnel
  • 3-4 personnel
    • a. Substitution packages, i.e., dime, short-yardage or goal line packages, are not permitted at any time. However, teams are permitted to play three cornerbacks in a four-man secondary. 

I don't get what your trying to tell me. Are you agreeing with the post that I'm responding to or did you just quote the wrong post? I never questioned the rules.

On 4/18/2018 at 12:06 PM, Bruce Harper said:

Every Division 1 QB -- even the ones with good lines -- are under pressure.  You don't have to like the guy but the statistical analyses demonstrate that Mayfield was FAR better under pressure than Allen.  You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Do you have that statistical analysis?  I keep seeing stats when blitzed. That is not the same as stats when pressured. 

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Have you watched him play?

His skill-set translates to the NFL better than any of the others.

No, it doesn't.  And you're going to find out come draft day that the only place this guy is a top 5 pick is on the internets.  Kiper and McShay didn't even get the first pick right in their final mock drafts last year.  If you think teams actually tell these jokers who they're going to pick, you're sadly mistaken.

Kiper, McShay and Mayock correctly mocked 10/96 first round picks last year.

Allen has a hard time processing information quickly. That's why he struggles with the blitz and it is a red flag.

He has to sit and work with the coaches in that. There is no other option.

3 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Kiper, McShay and Mayock correctly mocked 10/96 first round picks last year.

Not to be dense here, but how is the denominator 96 when there are only 32 NFL teams?

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

Three mock drafts.  They each made 32 picks and combined to get 10 correct.

Are you talking about exact picks of what players went to what teams? or the fact that only 10 went in the first round?  

Because from what i see they're usually right about the basic placement of the players. 

Aleen will go in the top 5.

8 minutes ago, SMC said:

Allen has a hard time processing information quickly. That's why he struggles with the blitz and it is a red flag.

He has to sit and work with the coaches in that. There is no other option.

Allen's numbers are bad under pressure because his hot reads are never open.  

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you talking about exact picks of what players went to what teams? or the fact that only 10 went in the first round?  

Because from what i see they're usually right about the basic placement of the players. 

Aleen will go in the top 5.

I like that Mr. "Detective" NEVER responded to your question. lol

Archived