Site Issue Fixed & Guest Traffic

Thank you to everyone who reported the redirect issue. Thank you for your patience while we worked that out. The site was hacked, there was malicious ad code injected in a plugin. The good news is that it wasn't related to the ad network. We have removed the code and all of our scans are coming up clean.

More good news, we have worked out a way to easily detect this in the future. We also upgraded several things on the server so the site should load even faster now. We are doing a few more things tonight to completely lock the site down and stop if from happening again.

This part is unrelated but due to the traffic here, we may have to restrict guest viewing at times during the draft next week. Since last month was our busiest month ever we expect record traffic during the draft. If we get to the point were we need to, we will disable guest viewing temporarily to keep everyone posting.

What does it mean? If you are logged in to the forums, you are good to go.

If you aren't logged in, log in. If you don't have an account, you should create one just in case so you aren't shut out during the draft. I hope we don't have to do it, just wanted to mention it since it is something that is being considered right now.

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So you will sell your soul to the Russians but not Scout?

(Sounds proper!)

We never took a meeting with the Russians. We did meet with scout. Walked away convinced the Russians would be a better fit.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thank you to everyone who reported the redirect issue. Thank you for your patience while we worked that out. The site was hacked, there was malicious ad code injected in a plugin. The good news is that it wasn't related to the ad network. We have removed the code and all of our scans are coming up clean.

More good news, we have worked out a way to easily detect this in the future. We also upgraded several things on the server so the site should load even faster now. We are doing a few more things tonight to completely lock the site down and stop if from happening again.

This part is unrelated but due to the traffic here, we may have to restrict guest viewing at times during the draft next week. Since last month was our busiest month ever we expect record traffic during the draft. If we get to the point were we need to, we will disable guest viewing temporarily to keep everyone posting.

If you aren't logged in, log in. If you don't have an account, you should create one just in case so you aren't shut out during the draft. I hope we don't have to do it, just wanted to mention it since it is something that is being considered right now.

Thanks!

More importantly, the Mehta icon.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Downside: Russia knows Jets fans whine a lot.

Upside: Max mysteriously received 76,000 more votes from Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Florida so he’s the President now.

captain.gif

On 4/18/2018 at 11:19 AM, Maxman said:

Thanks!

I can no longer acces the site from my job. I had someone check out the setting here and he said it hasn’t been blocked, it’s nit connecting to the site because of an RCL protocol. I tried Chrome and IE and it won’t connect.  Not sure if any other people are affected. 

11 hours ago, prime21 said:

I can no longer acces the site from my job. I had someone check out the setting here and he said it hasn’t been blocked, it’s nit connecting to the site because of an RCL protocol. I tried Chrome and IE and it won’t connect.  Not sure if any other people are affected. 

Did he happen to say what this RCL protocol is?

11 hours ago, freestater said:

Just started happening, but my phone is blocking 3 or 4 pop ups on every page I click on.

I saw that but once I cleared my cache I haven't seen it again. Please let me know if it is still happening and I will take care of it. Thanks.

Archived