Trade Down

Jetset

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Step 1. Tank the season.

Step 2.  Trade up #6, #37, #49 and a 2019 2nd for #3.

Step 3.  Trade down.

lol

Seriously.  This would be like watching my wife go into the closet to figure out what to wear for a night out,  swapping outfits at least three times before settling on something. 

42 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If Macagnan grows a brain and passes on Mayfield watch him fall to 15

You’re currently annoying a solid 98% of the site. Can you maybe try to have a Mayfield-free day or two? Trust me, everyone here can anticipate your next post, and most of those anticipations are funnier. 

Better idea:

Most of the US hates New York, probably part our general attitude and part because it is the only world class city in the country.

So why not start a campaign of promoting goodwill and just give away draft choices as gifts?

Think of how appreciative other fans will be? After all, someone could make good use out of that third pick this year.

We'll force them all to love us, or else they don't get any of next year's picks 

Here's how it works.  CLE takes Allen.  NYG take Barkley or Chubb.  DEN absolutely wants to have one of the three remaining guys - call it Darnold.  We are fine with any of the 3 remaining (which I doubt since we traded up but roll with it).  If we trade down to 5, we definitely will get one of Darnold/Mayfield/Rosen.  So if DEN was more set on one guy than us, it might make sense to trade down with them.  I'll leave it to others to slug it out over how much to ask for but let's assume at least 2 2nds or maybe this year's 2nd and next year's 1st.  

Here's another way to do it.  CLE takes Allen, NYG takes Chubb.  We know CLE is all gooey-eyed to grab Barkley at 4 so we take him at 3 and hold them up for a 2nd rounder to swap their pick for Barkley.  Balls of steel, could go horribly wrong if they say no. 

Chances either of these scenarios play out?  I think you could fit a pubic hair between these odds and the number zero.  But there's nothing else to do this week but speculate wildly so let's play!

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Here's how it works.  CLE takes Allen.  NYG take Barkley or Chubb.  DEN absolutely wants to have one of the three remaining guys - call it Darnold.  We are fine with any of the 3 remaining (which I doubt since we traded up but roll with it).  If we trade down to 5, we definitely will get one of Darnold/Mayfield/Rosen.  So if DEN was more set on one guy than us, it might make sense to trade down with them.  I'll leave it to others to slug it out over how much to ask for but let's assume at least 2 2nds or maybe this year's 2nd and next year's 1st.  

Here's another way to do it.  CLE takes Allen, NYG takes Chubb.  We know CLE is all gooey-eyed to grab Barkley at 4 so we take him at 3 and hold them up for a 2nd rounder to swap their pick for Barkley.  Balls of steel, could go horribly wrong if they say no. 

Chances either of these scenarios play out?  I think you could fit a pubic hair between these odds and the number zero.  But there's nothing else to do this week but speculate wildly so let's play!

What if it's a really long, thick pube... does that make it more likely?

Asking for a friend.

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

There is another situation where we could possibly be in a trade down situation. If Cleveland becomes convinced that the Giants will take Barkley there could be a situation where Cleveland takes Barkley 1, and then throws us a second to get to 3 to (almost) guarantee they still get Allen, and we choose between Mayfield and Rosen.

There is actually an obscure possibility in this type of scenario if Cleveland takes Barkley that Gettleman still does not move and takes Chubb and all 4 QBs are there at 3, and we might be able to still trade back and get Rosen or Mayfield.

In a bizzare sort of way, there is even a possibility we wind up trading with Indy. When Indy did the trade they were 100% sure Luck would be back, but after what Luck said recently Indy has to realize there is a possibility Luck never plays again and they they need to pick a QB NOW.

But all of these are very very small possibilities.

1 hour ago, Jetset said:

Any way Jets can trade down a bit and still get their QB?

Sure, if their QB is named Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph, Luke Falk, etc.

To be quite honest, despite a literal billion words being spoken here and in the draft-o-sphere on the top 4 prospects, I'm no more convinced now as to which will boom and which will bust than i was at the start of this fiasco of a draft.

As crazy as it sounds, I'm not convinced the Jets best possible play......isn't to draft Saquan Barkley at #3, and QB in the third.

Hell, I wish we hadn't traded up, didn't like it then, still not really a fan.

1. QB Lottery (Probably Mayfield or Allen) + Nothing till the Third Round - Our 2nd Next Year

vs.

2.  Pick at #6 (Best O-lineman in Draft?) + Mason Rudolph in 2nd + Chubb the RB from Georgia in the 2nd + Kept our 2019 2nd Rounder - Not having had to sign the FA RB we did.

I can't assure myself, much less anyone else, that #1 > #2

Option 1 results in Mayfield/Bridgewater/McCown

Option 2 results (In my opinion) in Rudolph/Bridgewater/Hackenberg

I might pick #2 tbqh.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

well yeah.  hypothetically thinking.  if that's a logical path then they really can't afford to move down in greater than one place steps and then only by knowing who their trading partner will pick.

6 hours ago, Jetset said:

Any way Jets can trade down a bit and still get their QB?

I think they traded up to get their QB. But I guess they can trade down to get their QB if their QB was Lamar Jackson

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The never-talked-about hilarious quote of that movie comes at 4:29 of the video below when Costner (supposedly a pro football GM) asks "what else do we need?" 

That movie is such garbage.   Start to finish.

He's a GM who doesn't know how his starting QB is coming back from rehab.  

Archived