Trade Down

Jetset

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sure, if their QB is named Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph, Luke Falk, etc.

To be quite honest, despite a literal billion words being spoken here and in the draft-o-sphere on the top 4 prospects, I'm no more convinced now as to which will boom and which will bust than i was at the start of this fiasco of a draft.

As crazy as it sounds, I'm not convinced the Jets best possible play......isn't to draft Saquan Barkley at #3, and QB in the third.

Hell, I wish we hadn't traded up, didn't like it then, still not really a fan.

1. QB Lottery (Probably Mayfield or Allen) + Nothing till the Third Round - Our 2nd Next Year

vs.

2.  Pick at #6 (Best O-lineman in Draft?) + Mason Rudolph in 2nd + Chubb the RB from Georgia in the 2nd + Kept our 2019 2nd Rounder - Not having had to sign the FA RB we did.

I can't assure myself, much less anyone else, that #1 > #2

Option 1 results in Mayfield/Bridgewater/McCown

Option 2 results (In my opinion) in Rudolph/Bridgewater/Hackenberg

I might pick #2 tbqh.

**** Hackenberg with Mac's extremely hot coffee infused refillable 24 oz cup.

20 hours ago, Jetset said:

Any way Jets can trade down a bit and still get their QB?

Your post got butt fumbled to hell, but it's not completely out of the question. Hypothetically, if they Jets were high on two of the QBs and both are gone by 3, it's conceivable that they trade down a few spots to get their second tier QB. Let's say that Mayfield and Rosen were 1 and 2 on their board and are taken by the Browns and whomever owns the 2nd pick. Again, hypothetically speaking, they are not interested in taking Darnold at 3, but they like Jackson, Rudolph, etc., they would get a king's ransom for the 3rd pick. On draft day, you could throw the draft value chart out the window.

None of this is happening, and you could win the lottery twice in a row before this happens, but technically, it's possible. If Darnold was available at 3 and the Jets didn't take him, I really think that people would send bags of cow manure to Chris Johnson every day for a year.

6 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

**** Hackenberg with Mac's extremely hot coffee infused refillable 24 oz cup.

Funny, I'd say the same thing about the possibility of EVER seeing ultra-JAG McCown take the field in Jets Green ever again.

I like McCown, seems like a nice enough guy.  He's a horrible QB.  A lifelong loser of the worst type.

Personally, I'd rather have a very disappointing 23 year old drafted prospect in his third year as my #3 QB than have a 39 year old lifelong journeyman loser as my STARTING QB.

But to each their own I suppose.

33 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If Mac is smart he should be talking with Buffalo to trade down for the two first round picks try to get out of the first round with both Davenport and Rudolph 

I suppose I should clarify that when I said this earlier I was joking. It would be perhaps the dumbest move any GM ever made in the history of the NFL. Sadly, I think you actually are serious...

Archived