FFS

HessStation

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Humble vs. Diva are 2 different things.  Very few pro athletes in general are humble. 

Brady was a nobody. Big Ben played at Miami of Ohio and is a fat boy.  Rodger sat on the bench for 4 years after a draft day slide. 

Cam, I'll give you.   He was full blown diva but Mayfield is very different than Cam Newton.

None of them (besides Cam) had the baggage this little dude has. 

Don't know if you are a hockey fan or not, but NHL players put all the other 3 major sports stars to shame. Not only are they tougher, far superior athletes, but are the most humble, grounded kids on earth.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, section314 said:

Don't know if you are a hockey fan or not, but NHL players put all the other 3 major sports stars to shame. Not only are they tougher, far superior athletes, but are the most humble, grounded kids on earth.

I like hockey and watch the playoffs but I dont follow it religiously like the big 3.  That said, those dudes are a different breed of athlete.  They're cut from a different cloth.  They make just about every player from the big 3 look like Diva's.

55 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Landing Darnold is your "nightmare" scenario? Really?

I'm perfectly fine getting him but I don't feel as high as many others do about him.  So yeah my top 2 QBs being taken is a bit of a nightmare, but that is hyperbole.  Could be worse and we could end up with Allen.  Darnolds high turnover rate especially with fumbles does indeed scare the crap out of me.

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

All douchebags but Brady and Rodgers are were notorious hard workers, Ben and Cam are freaks of nature which Mayfield is not. You hope he keeps the chip on his shoulder me against the world mentality and puts in the work. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Humble vs. Diva are 2 different things.  Very few pro athletes in general are humble. 

Brady was a nobody. Big Ben played at Miami of Ohio and is a fat boy.  Rodger sat on the bench for 4 years after a draft day slide. 

Cam, I'll give you.   He was full blown diva but Mayfield is very different than Cam Newton.

None of them (besides Cam) had the baggage this little dude has. 

You have both manufactured these things in your minds.

6 hours ago, HessStation said:

All douchebags but Brady and Rodgers are were notorious hard workers, Ben and Cam are freaks of nature which Mayfield is not. You hope he keeps the chip on his shoulder me against the world mentality and puts in the work. 

Baker is pegged with the hard work ethic tag. He worked for everything he has achieved. Period.

On 4/18/2018 at 4:15 PM, Smashmouth said:

If he comes here and plays bad yes I agree but if he comes here and plays really good and shows the same intensity he did in College watch out. This kid excelled at every level always against the odds and there is no reason to think he wont keep doing that

IF

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Baker is pegged with the hard work ethic tag. He worked for everything he has achieved. Period.

Right so what happens now that he has agents and pub and fans and money. He's my #2. Yay Mayfield, I get twinges when I see topless cover SI issues tho 

On 4/18/2018 at 3:48 PM, Stark said:

the second half he didn't play as well, but the Georgia defense played a lot better in 2nd half. I guess my point is if a guy that made an impact on Defense was saying it, it would be 1 thing. but dude, you had 2 tackles know your place.... also don't allow 48 points and win in OT and say humble yourself like you held mayfield to a josh allen vs Iowa stat line.

I had forgotten, but the reason the kid was yelling "HUMBLE YOURSELF" is because our prospective future elected to make a throat slashing gesture and scream "It's over!" at the Georgia bench when they missed a FG in the 1st quarter.

baker-throat-slash.gif?w=1000

I do not have a huge problem with trash talk, particularly when the game is still on the line.  Personally, I find guys crowing on the field while shaking hands cowardly.  Talk sh*t on the field and then show some humility and sportsmanship after.  When it's over it's over.  On the other hand, a guy doing this deserves to have his balls busted after the game, particularly when his second half consisted of punt, punt, punt, interception punt for a grand total of 37 yards.  For the boys will be boys crowd, my understanding is the throat slash is supposed to be an automatic unsportsmanlike in the NCAA.  Whoopsie. 

Archived