FFS

HessStation

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

All of this -- is extremely OK with me. It takes Baker size balls to play QB in this city. Marky Mark is what happens when you bring raisins to the table. 

i don't have any issue with these reactions either... dude has confidence and a love for the game... go get it Baker Mayfield.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Just realized Saquon Barkley is shirtless with the same graphic background image and all for Sports illustrated.

but since it’s Baker, everyone has to make a huge deal about it.

Basically it's bc he's a QB who you or at least I'd like to see operating at a different level. It's not a sinking ship but it's a huge red flag...imo. The last thing you want the rookie QB to do is gravitate towards the shiny lights before he accomplishes anything. 

18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Just realized Saquon Barkley is shirtless with the same graphic background image and all for Sports illustrated.

Saquons was also gay and stupid but the difference is it's the first questionable decision he's made the last few months.

36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

All of this -- is extremely OK with me. It takes Baker size balls to play QB in this city. Marky Mark is what happens when you bring raisins to the table. 

It's funny you mention Marky Mark because Mark Wahlberg Wannabe is the first thing I thought when I saw this picture.

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

IMG_5735.PNG

3 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

This cover and article is pretty f'n ridiculous. Taking screen shots of twitter messages...really? He's gonna be annoying AF if he ever starts winning and will come crashing down hard if he loses. I don't see any humble middle ground.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Shades of but much ******* worse than:

Image result for mark sanchez gq

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. This is terrible, BUT

2. I’ve never seen a human so perfectly designed to be a New York Jet. 

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I really despise this kid. Such a freaking tool on so many levels. 

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

HUGE Red Flag, what if the Chargers were gonna try, and trade up to get you?  You can’t assume anything, you have to take every interview as if it’s the team that plans on drafting you.  This kids need to be wanted, and infatuation with assuming everyone who doesn’t anoint him god grows that chip on his shoulder that really shouldn’t be there, you won the Heisman, your getting the red carpet treatment to be a top 5 pick, have a guy traveling with you so he could do a SI cover story on your road leading up to the draft as if you are the best player in this draft what more do you want in terms of attention?  I get wanting to win, and hating to lose, love that attribute with any person not just professional athletes, but this kids NEED for attention, and the need to be acknowledged for every single thing he has ever done, or he is gonna pout about it is so over the top ridiculous, and when playing in the NFL where every single player in the league is just as good as the one, or 2 guys that were good on college teams, and he has the normal rookie QB struggles that all QB’s go through, and then the critics will pounce I can see him totally going off the deep end, and going out on every play trying to prove them wrong by trying to throw 4 TD’s with one pass, in college it was easy to prove everyone wrong between the talent on his team, and playing vs College defenses even the best ones he faced have 5-6 guys starting that won’t cut it in the NFL, it won’t be easy in the NFL it will take time, it will be a process, and he will face adversity the likes he has never seen before, and every time he has faced adversity which is emotional in nature not physical in nature he has responded extremely poorly.  Landing in a bad situation could literally send him into a tailspin the likes of Leaf if he can’t keep those emotions in check during emotional adversity, NY is not a great place for a guy like him to go through growing pains with the way the media, and fans will get on him, Cleveland is probably his best place to go, they have a sh*t ton of young talent he can grow with, ton of skilled players to get the ball to, and nobody will get all over him during the initial struggles he will go through.

This kid is more polarizing then Manziel ever was, he isn’t a party guy, he loves football, and is willing to work his ass off, wants everyone to know how great he is before he is great, won’t fail because he didn’t give it 130%, but if he does fail it’s gonna be a show of epic proportions.

This kid has also done the best job of marketing himself to the NFL teams to draft him since Keyshawn Johnson.

Can he survive the bad, and if he lands with a bad team that is really bad regardless of his talent can he survive that early in his career, to me just looking at the pieces to the puzzle, and putting them together the answer is no, and always has been.

I will say this thou, this lead up to this draft has made my ******* head spin, it’s got me questioning everything I believe in as far as QB prospects go, Darnold is a 20 year old kid who has everything you need in a franchise QB in the NFL, and is humble AF, but is as competitive in that cut throat way that Mayfield is, but doesn’t need to scream look at me I’m the baddest dude on the planet for being so damn competitive, Darnold is the quiet assassin where winning is enough to satisfy that need, he doesn’t need 75 guys to line up to lick his balls, and tell him how good he is, but yet I’m now questioning maybe he is a bust, maybe everyone else is right Mayfield does walk on water, maybe Rosen will tell everyone to **** off your all stupider then me, and don’t know sh*t, and it won’t matter thou because he will be injured more then Sam Bradford (nothing has me confused with Allen dude is a deer in the headlights under pressure Browning Nagle 2.0 will never over come his issues of not being able to produce under pressure consistently).  8 days, ugh pleas come soon.

41 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

948107464.jpg

I find it very funny a fan base that had Joe Willy Namath who pushed the limits of just about everything would worry about a picture on the cover of Sports Illustrated . 

Panty Hose

Mink Coats 

Shirtless Ads

Party Animal

SUPER BOWL GUARANTEE

Of course Baker Could have balked at the Pic if he wanted to but get over it already its a god damn photo shoot not the NFL playoffs this is nothing we have not seen before 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Baker Mayfield the next Joe Namath. 

Damn right and if he was to come here and Win all this crying goes away and quick. So at the risk of looking hypocritical some here should just cool out a bit cause this can be revisited when Baker wins us a SB

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Damn right and if he was to come here and Win all this crying goes away and quick. So at the risk of looking hypocritical some here should just cool out a bit cause this can be revisited when Baker wins us a SB

Winning changes everything!  

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

yeah and we moved up to 3 for this and squandered 3 seconds.  I said it at the time and I'll say it again now.  Staying at 6 and letting the draft come to us was the way to go.   This sorta thing just reinforces it.    

Yeah, because this means he can't play. And of course you know they moved up on the draft for Mayfield.

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Guy is a very intelligent ball player and come off super well articulated and humble...

Pac, this is why people joke about you.

People joke about me because I let them.  In most cases they're buddies I've known on these boards for years and exchanged hundreds of PM's with. 

Secondly we agree...  Barkley comes off as smart and humble.  Which makes this homo erotic pic on SI all the more baffling.  He's made 1 mistake..  Baker has made at least a dozen. 

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

so you have 32 NFL playbooks to study and you choose the make the smart move and spend more time studying the ones that actully have a decision in drafting you and are HONEST about it and somehow that's a mistake ? I like the honesty aspect about that situation and if people can't deal with that and a shirtless picture oh well.

This kid is going to be a great NFL QB

I think it's pretty clear from my post I'm not against the kid. But I think it's pretty arrogant to say in a media interview that they weren't worth your time. Keep that to yourself -- a lack of awareness to do that makes you wonder what else he'd say to the media.

Archived