FFS

HessStation

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did everybody actually read the article?

i wasn’t a fan of Baker before reading it and it actually decisively won me over.

smart guy- great attitude- a QB who could feed off the New York media 

my order 

Rosen

Darnold

Baker

and for the first time I’m fine with any of them. We’re good here.

12 hours ago, Pac said:

People joke about me because I let them.  In most cases they're buddies I've known on these boards for years and exchanged hundreds of PM's with. 

Secondly we agree...  Barkley comes off as smart and humble.  Which makes this homo erotic pic on SI all the more baffling.  He's made 1 mistake..  Baker has made at least a dozen. 

I don’t think we’ve ever PMed.

14 hours ago, HessStation said:

Basically it's bc he's a QB who you or at least I'd like to see operating at a different level. It's not a sinking ship but it's a huge red flag...imo. The last thing you want the rookie QB to do is gravitate towards the shiny lights before he accomplishes anything. 

I want a rookie who can accomplish anything regardless of what he gravitates to. 

13 hours ago, Pac said:

People joke about me because I let them.  In most cases they're buddies I've known on these boards for years and exchanged hundreds of PM's with. 

Secondly we agree...  Barkley comes off as smart and humble.  Which makes this homo erotic pic on SI all the more baffling.  He's made 1 mistake..  Baker has made at least a dozen. 

No worse than the 3/4 naked surfer boy tanline pics JiF has been sending us all in those exact same pm’s for those exact same years. I got mine on a slideshow . Hawt!

47 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No worse than the 3/4 naked surfer boy tanline pics JiF has been sending us all in those exact same pm’s for those exact same years. I got mine on a slideshow . Hawt!

At least I send action shots.  Not some lame picture of me sh*tless with my board under my arm making a, I have to poop face.  

1639012F-22E2-4EAB-A394-A5B1689D564B.jpeg

You guys are all ridiculous.  Who cares how a 22 year kid poses for the cover of a magazine?  Honestly, he's having fun with the process.  More people should - it's an exciting time let him enjoy it.

This should have ZERO relevance on him as a prospect.

18 hours ago, HessStation said:

I think I agree....this immediately draws huge red flags for me.  I get the scenical whatever people, I'm one of them usually/sometimes but this sh*t is such a bad omen imo, jmo.

wtf is a scenical whatever people?

1 hour ago, CTM said:

wtf is a scenical whatever people?

I get it's not a big deal unless it's the beginning of more to come, that if he ends up going the route of following his agent around doing these publicity things instead of concentrating on football, it's trouble. I was thinking about the Brees story, they wanted him to do a local commercial and photo shoot on his off day early in career, he got offended and said no bc he wanted to work on his mechanics. It's just a red flag. If you are going to be cynical and say whatever they all do it, they don't. You just hope his priorities are in the right place when the time comes, bc it will be the difference between another Sanchez or potential to be great.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You guys are all ridiculous.  Who cares how a 22 year kid poses for the cover of a magazine?  Honestly, he's having fun with the process.  More people should - it's an exciting time let him enjoy it.

This should have ZERO relevance on him as a prospect.

The pic is no issue, sloughing off prep for the chargers and his numerous other issues as a Qb prospect are the issue.

Things like this will just mean he us under more pressure to be really good.  Much like Adams and all of his talk. 

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The pic is no issue, sloughing off prep for the chargers and his numerous other issues as a Qb prospect are the issue.

Things like this will just mean he us under more pressure to be really good.  Much like Adams and all of his talk. 

Managing resources is a real things - their lives are like the rest of us - you have to pick and choose where you put your time and energy.  can't do everything

His logic is sound on that decision.

23 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I get it's not a big deal unless it's the beginning of more to come, that if he ends up going the route of following his agent around doing these publicity things instead of concentrating on football, it's trouble. I was thinking about the Brees story, they wanted him to do a local commercial and photo shoot on his off day early in career, he got offended and said no bc he wanted to work on his mechanics. It's just a red flag. If you are going to be cynical and say whatever they all do it, they don't. You just hope his priorities are in the right place when the time comes, bc it will be the difference between another Sanchez or potential to be great.

Sanchez's GQ cover is why he was terrible?

34 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I dont think posing for a magazine cover shot is a red flag on it's own but I do agree, when you combine all his antics and him admitting that he didnt care enough to read the Chargers playbook, the combine stuff (not the why, how he handled it) ...it just screams that this sh*t isnt going to end.  He's a Diva, has been for a long time.  Diva's dont wake up one day and decide they're just going to stop being a Diva. 

Which makes him so juicy for the Jets, success or failure, the entertainment will be endless.

48 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont think posing for a magazine cover shot is a red flag on it's own but I do agree, when you combine all his antics and him admitting that he didnt care enough to read the Chargers playbook, the combine stuff (not the why, how he handled it) ...it just screams that this sh*t isnt going to end.  He's a Diva, has been for a long time.  Diva's dont wake up one day and decide they're just going to stop being a Diva. 

Which makes him so juicy for the Jets, success or failure, the entertainment will be endless.

Spot on. Whole thing. I'm resetting my expectations now.

16 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Spot on. Whole thing. I'm resetting my expectations now.

I think a lot of QB's become Diva's because of success in the NFL; Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Cam. etc. but actually being a Diva before ever stepping foot on an NFL field?  Yikes!

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think a lot of QB's become Diva's because of success in the NFL; Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Cam. etc. but actually being a Diva before ever stepping foot on an NFL field?  Yikes!

That's my point. You have to start out hungry. Nobody's good enough on skill set alone especially Mayfield and is he gonna put in the work early. That's the concern. 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yes because those dudes were Humble McHumbletons prior to joining the NFL.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

All douchebags but Brady and Rodgers are were notorious hard workers, Ben and Cam are freaks of nature which Mayfield is not. You hope he keeps the chip on his shoulder me against the world mentality and puts in the work. 

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Humble vs. Diva are 2 different things.  Very few pro athletes in general are humble. 

Brady was a nobody. Big Ben played at Miami of Ohio and is a fat boy.  Rodger sat on the bench for 4 years after a draft day slide. 

Cam, I'll give you.   He was full blown diva but Mayfield is very different than Cam Newton.

None of them (besides Cam) had the baggage this little dude has. 

Archived