Poll Darnold vs Mayfield

Jetsbb

Darnold vs Mayfield  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Baker Mayfield
    • Sam Darnold

This is the only question come draft night. If Darnold doesn't fall Jets are taking Mayfield if he does it looks like Jets would take Darnold. But what do you want? Mayfield was the more accurate and better player in college. Darnold was very turnover prone and sloppy yet evaluators seem to love him. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer Baker and I think Darnold is a bad fit because he will need a lot more coaching and development. His ceiling is higher than Mayfiels.

That said I just have this gut feeling that a few things happen.

1. Cleveland selects Allen

2. Giants take Barkley

3. The rumors are true and Darnold is higher on Jets board and we take him.

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Why? Just bec of his height?

I think it is hand size more than anything.  9 1/4 inches is probably worse compared to the elite QBs than his height.  

I love the player just not sure how he’ll handle the adversity of an unfriendly media during a losing streak.  I would still take him over Allen.

But Darnold is only 20 and just starting tapping into his potential.  If he learns how to stop fumbling, he’ll develop into an elite QB.  Daniel Jeremiah has Darnold rated higher than Carson Wentz two years ago.

Darnold screams bust to me, especially on the Jets or Browns. He’s third on my list behind Rosen and Mayfield. 

I think Darnold would be successful (or have the best chance of it) with the Giants, where he could sit for a year or two and learn behind competent coaching and a HOFer in Eli. 

7 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Darnold screams bust to me, especially on the Jets or Browns. He’s third on my list behind Rosen and Mayfield. 

I think Darnold would be successful (or have the best chance of it) with the Giants, where he could sit for a year or two and learn behind competent coaching and a HOFer in Eli. 

exactly

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

This Mayfield sh*t with some of you guys has gotten completely out of control. I won’t be pissed if we end up with him, but Jesus Christ...

Darnold by a mile 

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

This

Cows on Ice

I love when people say: "But Mayfield was a better player than Darnold in college."

I don't care who was better in college; I care who will be playing better when they put on a Jets uniform.  If we base it on who plays better in college, than Blair Thomas should not have been one of the biggest busts in Jets history, because he was great in college.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This

At least 80% of this fanbase literally just wanted to tank a season and go 0-16 in order to secure Darnold...now they want the 6’0 kid from an air raid offense who no one was even talking about as a 1st round pick until 3 months ago.

You can’t make this sh*t up

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

At least 80% of this fanbase literally just wanted to tank a season and go 0-16 in order to secure Darnold...now they want the 6’0 kid from an air raid offense who no one was even talking about as a Top 10 pick until 3 months ago.

You can’t make this sh*t up

Once again, this!

Just now, Alka said:

I love when people say: "But Mayfield was a better player than Darnold in college."

I don't care who was better in college; I care who will be playing better when they put on a Jets uniform.  If we base it on who plays better in college, than Blair Thomas should not have been one of the biggest busts in Jets history, because he was great in college.

everything is a risk but when a player like Mayfield is better by a HUGE margin in every single category at some point you have to take notice. Accuracy is accuracy no matter how you slice it as are turnovers and Mayfield is way way better in both categories and its not even close. Mayfields arm strength is much better, his movement in the pocket is much better, throwing on the run much better, I can go on 

Archived