190 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Baker Mayfield
    • Sam Darnold

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Headbands, it was all about the headbands.  

That and running around like a chicken with your head cut off for doing your job.

This poll basically tells us that most of this fanbase would have done the same thing as the Browns.  I mean, we're Jets fans so it's not like we can talk but these dudes would all follow suit with the Browns.

Which makes me wonder though; was the love for Mayfield born from the idea the Jets had no shot at Darnold?  I wont lie, I was pumping Rosen for that reason.  So I wonder if you posted that poll now, if the results would be different?

Just now, JiF said:

That and running around like a chicken with your head cut off for doing your job.

This poll basically tells us that most of this fanbase would have done the same thing as the Browns.  I mean, we're Jets fans so it's not like we can talk but these dudes would all follow suit with the Browns.

Which makes me wonder though; was the love for Mayfield born from the idea the Jets had no shot at Darnold?  I wont lie, I was pumping Rosen for that reason.  So I wonder if you posted that poll now, if the results would be different?

Some of the guys may have fallen in love with Mayfield because Darnold wasn’t a realistic option.  But the majority seemed to really prefer the headband over all the other prospects.  I still can’t believe the Browns ****ed this up like they did.  Both picks, 1 and 4.  

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Some of the guys may have fallen in love with Mayfield because Darnold wasn’t a realistic option.  But the majority seemed to really prefer the headband over all the other prospects.  I still can’t believe the Browns ****ed this up like they did.  Both picks, 1 and 4.  

HOPEFULLY the Browns f***ed it up but we won't know for about 2 years.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 8:48 AM, JiF said:

That had to do something with it. I didn't think Darnold had any shot of getting past the Giants. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread.....hope heads explode due to their choices pre draft, lol.

p.S. it's laughable that the Okies are listed as co-college with UCLA for Troy Aikman...oklahomas idiotic HC chose some gimmick QB (no one can remember his name) to start over TA, who he recommended to UCLA because they ran a pro system.  They had zero to do with TA's development as a QB.

if OU were to play UCLA, which sideline would he be standing on?  Which university did he proudly, finally receive his degree from?  UCLA.

Dear God, I hate speaking up the bRUINS. Barf.

Rosen has the best arm coming out imo. Dude is silky smooth but everything I’ve heard is that he’s a locker room cancer. If the Cards can get him to mature then he’s a steal where they got him.

Between Mayfield and Donald though, NYJ got the better player. Baker might be more ready to play now but Sam’s ceiling is way higher. Having a solid vet to learn under in McCown is perfect too. Darnold was always the better prospect for the Jets’ QB situation.

On 5/9/2018 at 8:48 AM, JiF said:

I think that's a big part of it. This time last year I would have given anything for Darnold -- it's easier to talk about the turnovers for a guy you think you have no shot at. I was selling myself hard on Mayfield and Rosen.

On 6/9/2018 at 10:53 PM, A.J. said:

Rosen has the best arm coming out imo. Dude is silky smooth but everything I’ve heard is that he’s a locker room cancer. If the Cards can get him to mature then he’s a steal where they got him.

Between Mayfield and Donald though, NYJ got the better player. Baker might be more ready to play now but Sam’s ceiling is way higher. Having a solid vet to learn under in McCown is perfect too. Darnold was always the better prospect for the Jets’ QB situation.

I don’t know where the talk about Rosen being a locker room cancer comes from...it couldn’t be more untrue.  He’s outspoken, intelligent and liberal.  People hate that for some reason.  

Josh was well liked and respected, he spoke up for his teammates and pointed out how too many of them did not have the advantages he had, including the quality of education in elementary and high school to prepare them to be student/athletes in a major D1 university.  

The narrative comes from the media that doesn’t like him. 

12 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I don’t know where the talk about Rosen being a locker room cancer comes from...it couldn’t be more untrue.  He’s outspoken, intelligent and liberal.  People hate that for some reason.  

Josh was well liked and respected, he spoke up for his teammates and pointed out how too many of them did not have the advantages he had, including the quality of education in elementary and high school to prepare them to be student/athletes in a major D1 university.  

The narrative comes from the media that doesn’t like him. 

I don't think that's accurate at all. The media has no problem with an intelligent, outspoken liberal. They love guys like that.

The people who don't love intelligent, outspoken liberals are conservative football coaches threatened that he's smarter than they are who want guys to fall in and tow the company line. 

The media would LOVE a guy like Rosen who creates narratives and writes stories for them.

22 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't think that's accurate at all. The media has no problem with an intelligent, outspoken liberal. They love guys like that.

The people who don't love intelligent, outspoken liberals are conservative football coaches threatened that he's smarter than they are who want guys to fall in and tow the company line. 

The media would LOVE a guy like Rosen who creates narratives and writes stories for them.

The media out here did not like it.  Trouble with Josh is, you can’t always act like you’re the smartest guy in the room, all the time.  The media will look for something to nail you on.  The NY media is louder, brasher, but L.A. loves to find sound bites they can turn negative, then go in for the kill.

UCLA did him no favors, blocking him from PAC-12 Media Days and limiting interviews, opposite of what USC does, that invests a lot of time and resources to teach the kids to be themselves while not giving the media anything to spin as a negative.  It’s difficult enough to be a student/athlete.

all that counts is Josh was well liked by his teammates, they were vocal on social media defending his character.  Just as Sam was when the critics were questioning Sam’s play in 2017, his teammates, both offense and defense, came out strong defending him.

different styles, same support from their respective teammates.

On 6/10/2018 at 1:53 AM, A.J. said:

Best arm?  Maybe motion. I read plenty of stuff claiming that his arm was on the weak side. 

On 4/20/2018 at 8:48 AM, kthisguy said:

His TD/INTs are 173/220 even in that era was not great. Compared to Dawson,Starr, Jurgensen, Tarkington, or even Gabriel.

I say this as a HUGE Namath fan. I literally stare at this in my office all day!

IMG_0124.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Starr and Dawson?  Ew. 

Is that a Leroy Nieman?  We used to have a bunch of his water colors in the hallway at the Garden.  I think this was one of them. 

31 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

The media out here did not like it.  Trouble with Josh is, you can’t always act like you’re the smartest guy in the room, all the time.  The media will look for something to nail you on.  The NY media is louder, brasher, but L.A. loves to find sound bites they can turn negative, then go in for the kill.

UCLA did him no favors, blocking him from PAC-12 Media Days and limiting interviews, opposite of what USC does, that invests a lot of time and resources to teach the kids to be themselves while not giving the media anything to spin as a negative.  It’s difficult enough to be a student/athlete.

all that counts is Josh was well liked by his teammates, they were vocal on social media defending his character.  Just as Sam was when the critics were questioning Sam’s play in 2017, his teammates, both offense and defense, came out strong defending him.

different styles, same support from their respective teammates.

Fair -- and I agree on the underlying sentiment that their teammates seemed to love them which is ultimately far more important than any media narrative.

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Best arm?  Maybe motion. I read plenty of stuff claiming that his arm was on the weak side. 

He throws a really nice ball. I’m not talking about chucking it down the field 60 yards. Jamarcus Russell could do that and you see how he panned out.

17 hours ago, A.J. said:

He throws a really nice ball. I’m not talking about chucking it down the field 60 yards. Jamarcus Russell could do that and you see how he panned out.

Fair enough explanation.  I can buy the throws a really nice ball, but there is much more to having a plus arm than being able to chuck it 60 yards. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 8:58 AM, #27TheDominator said:

Fair enough explanation.  I can buy the throws a really nice ball, but there is much more to having a plus arm than being able to chuck it 60 yards. 

It’s all about making the right throw for the situation something I think all 3 Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield do well, Mayfield thou hasn’t had the experience of being rushed, and hit while throwing the ball like Darnold, and Rosen have, and his size won’t do him any favors in the bigger faster NFL.  The thing that separates Darnold from Rosen is the ability to be accurate on the move, ability to actually move, and durability IMO thou I like Rosen, Darnold is, was, has been my dude for this draft from day 1.

Archived