Name the surprise Riser and Surprise faller...

Beerfish

Who will get drafted higher than rated and who will plummet or at least fall lower than expected?  (It happens each year.)

Riser:  Derwin James.  I think he is the 1st Db off the board ahead of he CBS and Minkha

Faller: Calvin Ridley.  One or two other WRs will come off the board before him.

19 hours ago, Grandy said:

Key isn't a riser.

He was a projected top 15 pick a few months back.

Key sits at 34th on my draft spreadsheet right now.   Only 2 of 9 sites had him top 15 so if he goes there I would agree that he is a riser.

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Key sits at 34th on my draft spreadsheet right now.   Only 2 of 9 sites had him top 15 so if he goes there I would agree that he is a riser.

That's pretty much why I picked him. On a side note, I know you are a big hockey guy. I'm a huge Devils fan, and we discussed the Hall trade lots. I want your opinion on something. If Doughty got a game suspension for his hit, why not Kucherev for his hit on Vatanen? Personally, I don't think either one deserved it, but how do you say yes to one and not the other?

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

That's pretty much why I picked him. On a side note, I know you are a big hockey guy. I'm a huge Devils fan, and we discussed the Hall trade lots. I want your opinion on something. If Doughty got a game suspension for his hit, why not Kucherev for his hit on Vatanen? Personally, I don't think either one deserved it, but how do you say yes to one and not the other?

First of all the Devils are sore spot for me since you guys fleeced the Oilers in the Hall for Larsson trade.  But then again who has not fleeced chiarellli since he took over. 

As for the hit tough call, i though the Kucherev hit was cheap but perhaps still within the letter of the law as far as hits go.  I can see the NHL taking it to a new level much like the NFL has re hits.

Doughty is an a$$hole (great player mind you) and I think he deserved his suspension.  The guy who I think got off light was the Jets player who cross checked Staal in  the neck, that one was pretty dirty.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

First of all the Devils are sore spot for me since you guys fleeced the Oilers in the Hall for Larsson trade.  But then again who has not fleeced chiarellli since he took over. 

As for the hit tough call, i though the Kucherev hit was cheap but perhaps still within the letter of the law as far as hits go.  I can see the NHL taking it to a new level much like the NFL has re hits.

Doughty is an a$$hole (great player mind you) and I think he deserved his suspension.  The guy who I think got off light was the Jets player who cross checked Staal in  the neck, that one was pretty dirty.

Yeah, that one is criminal.

risers

Kolton Miller, Tremaine Edmunds, Sony Michel, Jaire Alexander, Lorenzo Carter, Michael Gallup, Anthony Miller, Lauletta 

fallers 

Ridley is a good call probably, wonder if DJ Moore or C Sutton leapfrog him 

I don't get the Taven Bryan love 

Mike Gisecki?

Riser: Roquan Smith, not going to much out on a limb here, but see him going top 10.

Faller: Going a little more out on a limb here, Saquan Barkley, my prediction is 11th overall to the Colts after they trade back again with the Dolphins.

1 hour ago, 19andOhWait said:

interesting note on Sony: 

@art_stapleton 21m minutes ago

Mayock says he has Sony Michel as a first-round talent, but there are concerns out there about his knee that may push Michel into the 2nd round

Is he confusing Michel with Chubb?  I dont recall Michel having knee issues. I remember it got banged up in the SEC Champ game but he came back and was fine for the playoffs.

@Lith - am I missing something here? 

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

Is he confusing Michel with Chubb?  I dont recall Michel having knee issues. I remember it got banged up in the SEC Champ game but he came back and was fine for the playoffs.

@Lith - am I missing something here? 

Yup.  Chubb is the guy who had the major knee surgery.  Like you said, Michel's knee got banged up against Auburn in the SEC Championship, but he was fine in the playoffs.  Michel had an offseason accident a couple of years ago -- ATV/dirt bike or something.  Needed surgery, but I thought that was arm not knee and has never been an issue since.

Unless something turned up recently that I missed, I have not idea what he could be referring to.

20 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Chubb is the guy who had the major knee surgery.  Like you said, Michel's knee got banged up against Auburn in the SEC Championship, but he was fine in the playoffs.  Michel had an offseason accident a couple of years ago -- ATV/dirt bike or something.  Needed surgery, but I thought that was arm not knee and has never been an issue since.

Unless something turned up recently that I missed, I have not idea what he could be referring to.

Exactly...and didnt he return to the game vs. Auburn?  

Very confused.  I think he mixed up the names.  He's got be referring to Chubb.  

53 minutes ago, JiF said:

I don't think he came back against Auburn, but I think it was more precautionary.  I the it was Swift who had the big run early in the 4th that kind of put it away.  With the depth we had at RB and a 2 or 3 score lead, there was no reason to take a chance.

You planning to go to the game in Jacksonville in Sept?

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't think he came back against Auburn, but I think it was more precautionary.  I the it was Swift who had the big run early in the 4th that kind of put it away.  With the depth we had at RB and a 2 or 3 score lead, there was no reason to take a chance.

You planning to go to the game in Jacksonville in Sept?

Oh I think you’re right on that.

yep!  I will be there!

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Chubb tested really well for the knee to be an issue, but I guess with the medical exams who knows?  Chubb is actually one of the guys that I think will go higher than expected - I kept seeing him mocked in the 3rd.  I think guys more athletic than expected rise - DJ Moore, DJ Chark, Chubb, Kolton Miller, Ade Aruna.  Guys I expect to drop are the ones with questions of athleticism - like Ridley, and your boy Orlando Brown, 

18 hours ago, Lith said:

I will be going to that one as well.  Any chance a Dawg and a Gator can peacefully enjoy a beer or two before a game?

How is Jacksonville? My friends and I are debating between that and Miami for a road trip?

6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

How is Jacksonville? My friends and I are debating between that and Miami for a road trip?

I have never spent much time in Jacksonville, so I am probably not the right guy to ask.  My wife and daughter love Universal, so a trip to Orlando with a side trip to a Jet game works really well for the family.  I have been to a bunch of games in Miami, and its an option every year, so I chose the Jacksonville trip this year instead. 

@JiF what can you tell Maury about Jacksonville?

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I have never spent much time in Jacksonville, so I am probably not the right guy to ask.  My wife and daughter love Universal, so a trip to Orlando with a side trip to a Jet game works really well for the family.  I have been to a bunch of games in Miami, and its an option every year, so I chose the Jacksonville trip this year instead. 

@JiF what can you tell Maury about Jacksonville?

Depends on what you're looking for really because they couldnt be more polar opposite.  Going to Miami is like going to another country.  I personally hate everything about Miami, its just not my scene but I wont pretend that I havent had a good time down there with the boys for a weekend.  If you're looking for a party, its not hard to find one or any kind of party down there.  I will say, their stadium is dope.  Pretty cool game day experience but holy **** was it hot.  Miami you're getting A-market sh*t...everything is expensive there is a sh*t ton to do but it's all over priced and the people are the worst in the world and there's a sh*t ton of them every where and it helps if you speak spanish. 

Jax is totally different and a great city but you have to know hat you're doing.  You cant just show up get a place downtown and be entertained or then you experience all the crap you hear about it in the media when the city couldnt be the opposite of what you hear.  Jax is huge and super spread out so there are a lot of different parts of town that are drastically different then the next.  I'd recommend staying at the beach and uber'ing to the game downtown.  The beaches are the best part of town IMO.  It has a very SoCal feel to it.  Bars and restaurants galore all with in walking distance of each other or like a 2 minute uber to other parts of the beach.  You could also go the Riverside route.  It has a Brooklyn kind of vibe to it.  Artsy and hipsters part of town but an area you can walk around and find sh*t to do.  I'll say this, the Jags puts on one of the best game day experiences you'll find in the NFL IMO.  It's a great tailgate scene and a killer stadium with a really fun atmosphere and a bunch of cool place to hang and watch the game .  You really dont need seats because of all the options to go get a beer and some food and chill out from the sun.  

Same state but they couldnt be more different.  Really just depends on what you want out of a trip. 

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Depends on what you're looking for really because they couldnt be more polar opposite.  Going to Miami is like going to another country.  I personally hate everything about Miami, its just not my scene but I wont pretend that I havent had a good time down there with the boys for a weekend.  If you're looking for a party, its not hard to find one or any kind of party down there.  I will say, their stadium is dope.  Pretty cool game day experience but holy **** was it hot.  Miami you're getting A-market sh*t...everything is expensive there is a sh*t ton to do but it's all over priced and the people are the worst in the world and there's a sh*t ton of them every where and it helps if you speak spanish. 

Jax is totally different and a great city but you have to know hat you're doing.  You cant just show up get a place downtown and be entertained or then you experience all the crap you hear about it in the media when the city couldnt be the opposite of what you hear.  Jax is huge and super spread out so there are a lot of different parts of town that are drastically different then the next.  I'd recommend staying at the beach and uber'ing to the game downtown.  The beaches are the best part of town IMO.  It has a very SoCal feel to it.  Bars and restaurants galore all with in walking distance of each other or like a 2 minute uber to other parts of the beach.  You could also go the Riverside route.  It has a Brooklyn kind of vibe to it.  Artsy and hipsters part of town but an area you can walk around and find sh*t to do.  I'll say this, the Jags puts on one of the best game day experiences you'll find in the NFL IMO.  It's a great tailgate scene and a killer stadium with a really fun atmosphere and a bunch of cool place to hang and watch the game .  You really dont need seats because of all the options to go get a beer and some food and chill out from the sun.  

Same state but they couldnt be more different.  Really just depends on what you want out of a trip. 

Oh, in Miami I know what I'm getting into. My parents are both Cuban and I lived in South Beach for a year. I know jack **** about Jacksonville. 

17 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Oh, in Miami I know what I'm getting into. My parents are both Cuban and I lived in South Beach for a year. I know jack **** about Jacksonville. 

Sounds like any easy decision to me.  Let me know if you decide on Jax.  Glad to give you some pointers, all depends on what you're looking for...Jax has it all you just need to know where to go.  It's not as centrally located as most cities.  Largest city in the country in square mileage, so it really is a bunch of little towns that make up a big city.  So picking the right part of town based on what you're looking for is key.

On 4/21/2018 at 2:04 PM, JiF said:

You could also go the Riverside route.  It has a Brooklyn kind of vibe to it.  Artsy and hipsters part of town but an area you can walk around and find sh*t to do.  

You have no idea how much I hate that this is a thing.  I have had to resort to telling people I am from Bensonhurst because they don't understand what Brooklyn is anymore.  Now, if I say I am from Brooklyn they think I bottle artisanal pickles from my rooftop garden.

Archived