Full Schedule Released *Spoilers Inside*

IndianaJet

5 minutes ago, slats said:

My plan going into the season would be to start McCown for the first three games (because three games in ten days would be brutal for anyone), then use the extra time after Browns game to get the rookie ready to start against the Jags. 

Sounds good but the Jags "D" is pretty tough & will be especially against a rookie.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I can see 6-4 or 5-5 at the bye. Not really a difficult schedule. What helps is that they get the two hardest NFC North teams at home

Me too. Looks like another redshirt year for whatever QB we draft because Todd isn’t switching QBs while they’re still “in the hunt for a playoff spot.” I put that in quotes because they won’t actually be in the hunt for a playoff spot, even with a .500 record. They were ironic quotes.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Me too. Looks like another redshirt year for whatever QB we draft because Todd isn’t switching QBs while they’re still “in the hunt for a playoff spot.” I put that in quotes because they won’t actually be in the hunt for a playoff spot, even with a .500 record. They were ironic quotes.

I thought you would go with, "Mayfield was arrested after what became known as the fire island incident" 

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That makes no sense. There is no rule. Every QB is different.

Desaun Watson/Brady/Rodgers/Eli/Big Ben all  didn't start game 1 of their rookie year.

Carson Wentz/Stafford/Ryan/Dak/Wilson all did start from game 1

It all depends on the kid and the situation. 

I agree. Now if he just blows the socks off of everyone in training camp and pre-season that yeah you start him week 1.

But I have no issue with bringing him along into say...week 4-5..hell even the Bye week if the team is looking decent. 

I say this especially for Baker. Give him just a month and a half or two to get settled in the league and get some games under his belt as far as scout O and game preparation goes. Let him get into a daily routine and cement his schedule down..then you see what the kid can do.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Let's all try and be seated in the same area.... I don't want to be stuck sitting among thousands of Bears fans when Mayfield lights them up!! :rip:

Not definite, but it looks like the Jets bar in Chicago will be planning a group trip to the game.  If you are interested, let me know and I will share details once I have them.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

From a season ticket holder perspective, I LOVE this schedule:

Happy to have only one hot weather, Sunday 1 pm game in September.  I'll enjoy it, but September games are often miserably hot and my schedule is way more hectic in September than it is in October.  I can't wait for the three back-to-back-to-back Sunday 1:00PM games in the BEST weather month for attending home football games and tailgating.  I understand that other commitments make 3 in a row tough, but it works for me and I am looking forward to those. A lot!

We don't play on either Thaksgiving or Christmas.  What are you talking about?  Thanksgiving is Thursday.  11/25 is a Sunday.  Unless you are travelling, who cares?  Christmas eve is 12/24.  Christmas is 12/25.  the game is 12/23.  So what?  Are you out shopping? Home cooking?  Travelling? Please. There are better things to whine about.  Plus it's a Pats game, so if you don't want to go or can't go, you still get premium payback on a resale even though it is freezing December because stupid Pats fans ALWAYS pay through the nose on Stubhub every freaking year no matter what.  

I also appreciate that there is only one possible night game, which may wind up being a weird Saturday 4:30 game.  But it's on a Saturday, so that's much better than a Sunday or Monday night.  I hate Sunday/Monday night home games.  I know you do too. Well it's not an issue at all.  Good.

With all but one home game at 1:00 pm on Sundays, this schedule is a ticket holder's dream.  

3 games in a row is tough with all the family commitments some of us have.  Yes, October weather is usually good so that is a bit of a plus but I like the warm games in September especially with my 6 year old in the mix.

In the last 3 years looking at the first 5 games of each season, we have 6 of those 15 games at home and I'd like more than that.  As one of the non-dome non-warm-weather teams in the NFL it makes no sense to me why the league doesn't take that into consideration.

The games atop Thanksgiving and Christmas are, for some, an inconvenience due to necessary travel to multiple (divorced) families in different states. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Who gets to approve their schedule?  No one whines about their schedule

The owners have some influence around things like Jewish holidays, Europe travel, volunteering for Thanksgiving, etc.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The owners have some influence around things like Jewish holidays, Europe travel, volunteering for Thanksgiving, etc.

SAR I

No they can make requests, they don't get to check off on the schedule that they want.  Not playing on the Jewish holidays in NY makes sense for the Jets/Giants and the NFL.  Whining about the cold or heat doesn't make sense to anyone other than some fans.  

24 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not definite, but it looks like the Jets bar in Chicago will be planning a group trip to the game.  If you are interested, let me know and I will share details once I have them.

I would be in   -- how many tix depends 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They will be if the AFC is as mediocre as it was last year

1 hour ago, Dcronin said:

I think that schedule looks pretty tough, with Vikings, Jags, Packers, Titans, Texans and of course an improved Browns team and Pats twice.

I don't see the same easy schedule you guys do.

1. We get the Vikings and the Packers at the Meadowlands, which gives us a chance. If we were at their places, I would say no shot.

2. Jags are tough but we beat them last year so you never really know.

3. I will believe that the Browns will be better than us when I actually see it. Until then, we are beating Cleveland.

So Here is my W/L

@Lions L

Dolphins W

@Browns W

@Jaguars (Although it could be interesting)

Broncos W

Colts  W

Vikings L

@Bears (This game is the swing game of the bunch to me)

@Dolphins L

Bills W

Patriots L

@Titans (swing game )

@Bills L

Texans W

Packers (swing game because Packers might not be playing for anything)

@Patriots L

So I have 6-7 with three swing games

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So Here is my W/L

@Lions L

Dolphins W

@Browns W

@Jaguars (Although it could be interesting)

Broncos W

Colts  W

Vikings L

@Bears (This game is the swing game of the bunch to me)

@Dolphins L

Bills W

Patriots L

@Titans (swing game )

@Bills L

Texans W

Packers (swing game because Packers might not be playing for anything)

@Patriots L

So I have 6-7 with three swing games

was wondering who would be the first .....   to do that.  Well you win.  I guess.

Depending on how our offense plays we could win 10 games or 6 games. If our oline recovers from the wes johnson debacle and we can get decent qb play, our defense should be good enough to win a bunch of these games. These teams are all pretty beatable. 

9 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Horrible year for road trips.  Worst I can remember.  Detroit on a Monday night... Halloween in Chicago sucks if you have young kids.  Thanksgiving weekend in Nashville will cost double and it’s a late game... Just awful.

I am really liking the Nashville trip idea.  Late game is perfect.  Check out of the BnB at noon.  Enjoy Sunday in Memphis and get to the game if you have a tailgate by about 2:00.  Then, watch our new QB.  Well Maybe.  Bowles. <cough>, you know. 

How can Woody & his biological replacement not see that Bowles is terrible? Blind.

1 hour ago, House Jet said:

Depending on how our offense plays we could win 10 games or 6 games. If our oline recovers from the wes johnson debacle and we can get decent qb play, our defense should be good enough to win a bunch of these games. These teams are all pretty beatable. 

Should have signed C Weston Richburg and draft Saquon Barkley to team with Teddy Bridgewater.  That offense would hum here in 2018!

;) 

11 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

3 games in 10 days to start the season is pretty brutal. Guess we really shouldn’t care about wins/losses this year anyways, our only care should be how the new QB is developing. 

I’m sure he’ll be keeping Hack company on the sidelines. 

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

I am really liking the Nashville trip idea.  Late game is perfect.  Check out of the BnB at noon.  Enjoy Sunday in Memphis and get to the game if you have a tailgate by about 2:00.  Then, watch our new QB.  Well Maybe.  Bowles. <cough>, you know. 

How can Woody & his biological replacement not see that Bowles is terrible? Blind.

That’s the trip I was hoping for.  I was wrong, it’s not thanksgiving, so that’s a positive.  However, it sucks that it’s 4:05, because there’s no way to get home until Monday, which is less than ideal.  For me, this is the 1st year there hasn’t been a trip that just works seamlessly.

The furthest west the Jets will travel this year is to Tennessee. Huge difference from last year when we had travel to Oakland and Denver. Jets never play well out west. I think technically the longest trip the Jets will make this year is to Miami. All home games are at 1 besides the Texans game. I think there is a few nuggets like this that get overlooked that can really make a difference throughout a season. 

On 4/19/2018 at 5:19 PM, TeddEY said:

Fun fact: does not appear to be a single flight from TEN to NYC on game day that leaves after the game...

Main reason for that is due to the wind patterns from Tennessee to the Northeast on Winter evenings. They can play hell with the plane engines, and with some of the recent problems with engine failure there have been talks to cut back on cold weather evening flights. And the reason you haven't read or heard about any of this is because I completely made it up.

Archived