2018 Road Trips

The schedule is out, so the question needs to be asked. What Jets road trips are you taking this year?

Anyone interested in a bus trip for the opener? We were approached by someone who is running one out of NY that wants to partner with us.

I want to take the RV on the road this year, not sure what game(s) yet though.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already purchased tickets to the Titans game and booked a room in Nashville. Its about a 5 hour drive for us

If you go, buy tickets to the Grand Ole Opry on Saturday night which is at the historic Ryman Auditorium downtown during December (I think the Rockettes play the new Opryland then). 

Also visit the Country music hall of fame

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Already purchased tickets to the Titans game and booked a room in Nashville. Its about a 5 hour drive for us

If you go, buy tickets to the Grand Ole Opry on Saturday night which is at the historic Ryman Auditorium downtown during December (I think the Rockettes play the new Opryland then). 

Also visit the Country music hall of fame

My son lives in Murfreesboro & I want to go, but it SUCKS it's Thanksgiving weekend, prices will be outrageous to travel the weekend.

I will be doing Chicago (not a road trip for me) and probably Jacksonville.  

Last year I went to Orlando with the family.  My son and I left my wife, daughter and daughter in law at the theme parks and drove over the Tampa for the game.  Probably going to do the same with Jacksonville this year.  It has become the perfect family vacation - Universal and the Jets (where I can escape the family for a couple of days).

Might try to do one other as well.  

For the record:

Driving times between The Meadowlands and 2018 road stadiums

Detroit: 9'15"

Cleveland: 7'15"

Jacksonville: 14'02"

Chicago: 12'19"

Miami: 19'03"

Orchard Park: 6'02"

Nashville: 13'31"

Foxboro: 3'40"

Average is 10'38", but 2019 the average is between 7'33" to 8'56" depending on who the AFC South opponent is. Eliminate Miami and the next longest trip, the averages for the remaining 6 road games fall to 8'40" in '18 and an astounding 4'38" next year.

This year, for locals, there us only one game with a short enough drive that you don't have to stay over (Foxboro). Next year, there are 4 such games.  

Being a Canuck I have not traveled a lot in the USA but I did have a 4 day conference a few years back in Nashville and I just loved the place.   Just a well layed out city with tons of great food places, really good music.  Even if you are not a big county fan the main music road 'Broadway' I think it is called is just a fun place to be.  I would highly recommend Nashville if you have an extra day or two to go along with the game.

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

My road trip is to a jets home game from CA. I'm coming to the first Jets/Pat's game. Hopefully see some of you jetnation homers that I have been commenting with for 10 years finally.

Same here.  As a season ticket holder living in AZ my road trips are to MetLife stadium. :o

Although a trip to Chicago could be fun.

21 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

For the record:

Average is 10'38", but 2019 the average is between 7'33" to 8'56" depending on who the AFC South opponent is. Eliminate Miami and the next longest trip, the averages for the remaining 6 road games fall to 8'40" in '18 and an astounding 4'38" next year.

This year, for locals, there us only one game with a short enough drive that you don't have to stay over (Foxboro). Next year, there are 4 such games.  

Crazy that Chicago is the furthest West the Jets travel this year.  I know that starting on MNF on the road creates a short week right out of the gate for Week 2, but travel-wise this doesn't look too bad for the Jets.

24 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

For the record:

Or you can fly and the travel time is 30 mins to a max of 3 hours.

5 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Chicago sounds pretty good unless the Jets are already in the toilet.  It would be good to see the famous NJ on his home turf.

Do you think he will let like 300 of us from the site stay at his house?

@NJ

6 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Anyone trekking to Chicago add in at least 90 minutes to the travel time as that area is under construction at all hours. Just a nightmare anytime of the day or night.

Heed this warning.

I see some of you are going to Jacksonville.  The city of Jacksonville and it's gameday atmosphere are pretty "meh" in my opinion.

I highly recommend a day-trip and/or off-shore fishing charter in nearby St. Augustine, Florida if you find the time on Saturday or Monday.   Great fishing there, and if that is not your cup of tea or too expensive, St. Augustine is a far more interesting place just to visit anyway.

1 minute ago, Titan24 said:

Chicago is the trip to go on... great city, great food.   Nothing like the area around Wrigley field... late Oct if Cubs are alive even better 

I have to attend a wedding that weekend, so I definitely can't make that trip.

@courtnj18 are you guys thinking about the Chicago game this year?

I might go to the game in Nashville, mainly because I live here lol.   Need to see if I have any engagements that weekend.  

If anyone is looking to fly down and ticket prices are high, look into Atlanta or Memphis.  They are about 4 hours drive, but if you are renting a car, it's not that bad of a drive and prices tend to be much cheaper.  

City is nice, but much like Chicago, plan for plenty of extra time getting in and out of the city.  The main issue here is that, all the highways are on a merged loop.  Unlike NY and interstate interchanges, the highways merge here.  Instead of exits, you pretty much just join a large loop at various points and then split off.  So, when one highway is blocked for any reason, the entire loop will get trickle down traffic behind it.  

21 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Chicago sounds pretty good unless the Jets are already in the toilet.  It would be good to see the famous NJ on his home turf.

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

Do you think he will let like 300 of us from the site stay at his house?

@NJ

On 4/20/2018 at 1:08 AM, joebabyny said:

Working out logistics to do a tailgatejoe party for the bears game!

C'mon out Gents! The weather should still be half-azz ok

Archived