Jump to content

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Booked flights for Nashville.  May have to leave the game a few minutes early if it drags, but best I could do.  The only other trip I could make work this year would be Cleveland on a Thursday and I've already done it.

The hotels that weekend are a fortune, haven't booked yet.  Is something going on in town that I'm not aware of?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 10:36 AM, TeddEY said:

Use NFL ticket exchange 48-24 hours before the game.  You'll get the best value.  All prices are inflated now.

Thank you. I was considering that approach but I have always been one of those people that likes plans to be set in stone (for the most part) lol

But truthfully, i'm having second thoughts now. I've recently been in limbo between that, and going to the home game against the colts instead on Oct 14. Living in Ohio I haven't been to a home Jets game, and since I'll be around with a relative's wedding in Danbury CT the day before, it is very enticing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

End of September, I am planning a trip to Orlando with the family -- just my wife and daughter.  Looking for an excuse to escape the theme parks, I am probably going to drive up to Jacksonville for the Jets-Jags game. 

Right now, it is looking like I will be solo (son can't make it and my buddy just bailed for a work event).  I may buy a ticket with the Gotham City Crew so I am not sitting by myself -- has anyone done any of their game outings? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 10:40 PM, BroadwayBen said:

Thank you. I was considering that approach but I have always been one of those people that likes plans to be set in stone (for the most part) lol

But truthfully, i'm having second thoughts now. I've recently been in limbo between that, and going to the home game against the colts instead on Oct 14. Living in Ohio I haven't been to a home Jets game, and since I'll be around with a relative's wedding in Danbury CT the day before, it is very enticing. 

I'm similar.  I like to know.  But, I've gotten to the point where I know that seats will be available, and good ones at a great price, so I don't sweat it.  Honestly, it becomes kind of a game to see just how well we can do.  Typically, I sit in the lower deck, between the 35s, for about $120/seat.

Why not do both?  If you're already going to be in NY, you're paying for travel and lodging already.  Your only additional cost will be tickets.  You can ALWAYS find a good deal here on JN for tickets.  So, if you're planning to spend the money to travel to to chicago, it's only an additional $200 or so to see two games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2018 at 6:07 PM, Browns Tailgate said:

Anyone going to Cleveland? You are welcome to come tailgate with GNATS Tailgaters.

If that's anywhere near the muni lot, I'll have to pass. I understand heckling but browns fans are straight up a**holes around that area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im doing jax. have gone for a game there before. its just really easy

-cheap flights

-cheap hotels (even the nicest ones)

-tickets very reasonable, even club seats

easy to do in a quick weekend for reasonable cost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2018 at 4:27 PM, TeddEY said:

Why not do both?  If you're already going to be in NY, you're paying for travel and lodging already.  Your only additional cost will be tickets.  You can ALWAYS find a good deal here on JN for tickets.  So, if you're planning to spend the money to travel to to chicago, it's only an additional $200 or so to see two games.

Well after seeing the hotel prices in Chicago, I thought it was a little outrageous. Plus, my girlfriend and I had just been to chicago in April, so to go back just for a jets game, didn't seem all that appealing for the price tag. Instead, I booked a 3 night stay in las vegas around that time, and with the resort fees and all, it is still significantly cheaper than the 2 night stay fare Chicago would have been. Sometime down the road I would love to check out soldier field, but this time around just isn't going to work out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 12:00 AM, BroadwayBen said:

If that's anywhere near the muni lot, I'll have to pass. I understand heckling but browns fans are straight up a**holes around that area. 

No, the Muni lot is on the other side of the freeway. We are located in the Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport Lot. Our group invites all visiting fans to tailgate. We are family and foe friendly. Hosted a large group from the L7 lot several years ago.

Here is a Faceebook link to our event

https://www.facebook.com/events/2048042338797648/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets Fans, the time is approaching for you all to head to Cleveland to support your team. You are invited to tailgate with GNATS Tailgaters. A Facebook link to our event is below. There is a fun video in the event from the last time we hosted a group from the L7 lot. Our lot is friendly towards visiting fans. Don't let any horror stories from the Muni lot deter you from joining us for a great tailgate. That lot is on the south side of the Freeway, we are on the north side.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2048042338797648/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After being in attendance last night, I am beyond excited to go to the Cleveland game as well next thursday. Heading up from columbus with a few buddies of mine (all browns fans), and we booked a hotel and everything. Going to be a great time, and hopefully a jet win! Anyone else going? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slowmoe57 said:

Well bit the bullet and now have my ticket for Sundays game against the Bears. Anyone know of any meet up/tailgates I can crash. Flying solo on this one.

A bunch of us from the Chicago Jet Bar -- Country Club -- will be tailgating; will be both Jet and Bear fans.  The guy who is organizing it is looking for about $20 a head for food and he is taking care of all the arrangements.  Or you could just stop by and grab a beer.  Either way, you are welcome to join us.  We will be in the South lot starting around 9.  Let me know if you are interested.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lith said:

A bunch of us from the Chicago Jet Bar -- Country Club -- will be tailgating; will be both Jet and Bear fans.  The guy who is organizing it is looking for about $20 a head for food and he is taking care of all the arrangements.  Or you could just stop by and grab a beer.  Either way, you are welcome to join us.  We will be in the South lot starting around 9.  Let me know if you are interested.

 

 

1 minute ago, Lith said:

A bunch of us from the Chicago Jet Bar -- Country Club -- will be tailgating; will be both Jet and Bear fans.  The guy who is organizing it is looking for about $20 a head for food and he is taking care of all the arrangements.  Or you could just stop by and grab a beer.  Either way, you are welcome to join us.  We will be in the South lot starting around 9.  Let me know if you are interested.

 

i am I live walking distance to the stadium -- is it ok to pay when i arrive ???-- also let me know any identifying signs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, slowmoe57 said:

 

i am I live walking distance to the stadium -- is it ok to pay when i arrive ???-- also let me know any identifying signs

Yes.  Paying when you are there is fine.  If you want to PM me your cell #, I will let you know where we are on Sunday AM.

Anyone else interested in joining us -- let me know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lith said:

Yes.  Paying when you are there is fine.  If you want to PM me your cell #, I will let you know where we are on Sunday AM.

Anyone else interested in joining us -- let me know.

 

I got a group of 6-7 going to the game. We are excited. Flying in Thursday night. Would love to meet-up at a tailgate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hofstra Jet said:

I got a group of 6-7 going to the game. We are excited. Flying in Thursday night. Would love to meet-up at a tailgate

We have room for you -- it is $25 a head for food, soft drinks and beer ($20 I mentioned above was a mistake) -- bring your own if you are drinkking anythying else.  If you want to meet us, we wil be in the South lot at 9AM.  Send me a PM with your cell # and I can let you know where to find us on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lith said:

We have room for you -- it is $25 a head for food, soft drinks and beer ($20 I mentioned above was a mistake) -- bring your own if you are drinkking anythying else.  If you want to meet us, we wil be in the South lot at 9AM.  Send me a PM with your cell # and I can let you know where to find us on Sunday.

Ok great. I will run it past the guys we are going with. What kind of food? Just burgers and dogs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hofstra Jet said:

Ok great. I will run it past the guys we are going with. What kind of food? Just burgers and dogs? 

Not sure of the menu -- from what I was told -- burgers, chicken, brats, couple of sides, maybe a couple of other items.  They are going to have a caterer doing the cooking so it should be pretty good.  Guy who is planning it is just looking to cover his costs, he is not looking to make money off the deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social

Get Winning Picks

×