Cimini has Jets finishing 7-9

kevinc855

I don't envy the job of these beat reporters, I mean, this time of year there is only so many gyrations of which qb will be available/who will they draft, articles you can write, and you need to write articles.

Do we really need all of these articles? I guess people are reading them, but who gives a crap what Cimini predicts the Jets record to be in April when we have no idea who will be starting QB.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

7?  I think 5 is more like it. 

It’s a five win team that will win two extra weird games so they can extend Todd and go from the sixth pick to the twelfth pick, where they’ll draft a corner to replace the underwhelming Trumaine Johnson, whom Maccagnan cuts, but only with $12 mil in dead money because he’s a savvy negotiator 

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s a five win team that will win two extra weird games so they can extend Todd and go from the sixth pick to the twelfth pick, where they’ll draft a corner to replace the underwhelming Trumaine Johnson, whom Maccagnan cuts, but only with $12 mil in dead money because he’s a savvy negotiator 

Jet up, bitches!!!

Nah, completely disagree. I mean, you never know, injuries, chemistry, the season could be in a total collapse 5 games in.  

But the way the schedule is shaping up I also think the Jets have a chance to get a head of steam and end up winning 10 games, maybe even sneak into the playoffs. 

Out of the first 10 games going into the bye, only the Jags and Vikings scare me. Those are probably automatic Losses. 

After the bye it gets tougher as we face the Pats twice and the Titans and Bills on the road. 

But the schedule, as a whole, is not brutal at all. Looks like if the Jets are lucky with injuries and get some solid QB play, they can very well only lose 5 or 6 games. I don't see 9 losses.   

Week 1: at Lions, Monday, Sept. 10, 7:10 p.m.
Week 2: vs. Dolphins, Sunday, Sept. 16, 1 p.m.
Week 3: at Browns, Thursday, Sept. 20, 8:20 p.m.
Week 4: at Jaguars, Sunday, Sept. 30, 1 p.m.
Week 5: vs. Broncos, Sunday, Oct. 7, 1 p.m.
Week 6: vs. Colts, Sunday, Oct. 14, 1 p.m.
Week 7: vs. Vikings, Sunday, Oct. 21, 1 p.m.
Week 8: at Bears, Sunday, Oct. 28, 1 p.m.
Week 9: at Dolphins, Sunday, Nov. 4, 1 p.m.
Week 10: vs. Bills, Sunday, Nov. 11, 1 p.m.
BYE Week
Week 12: vs. Patriots, Sunday, Nov. 25, 1 p.m.
Week 13: at Titans, Sunday, Dec. 2, 4:05 p.m.
Week 14: at Bills, Sunday, Dec. 9, 1 p.m.
Week 15: vs. Texans, Saturday, Dec. 15, TBD (4:30 or 8:20 p.m.)
Week 16: vs. Packers, Sunday, Dec. 23, 1 p.m.
Week 17: at Patriots, Sunday, Dec. 30, 1 p.m.

YOu can easily make an argument for a 10-6 season. He has us going 2-4 in the afc east. I don’t see that, the bills are a complete mess, the dolphins really downgraded this year and no one can argue the pats made much of an upgrade. I could see us stealing a pats game and I think we will sweep the dolphins, cimini has us losing at Miami. 

46 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I'm thrilled Cimini's got it all figured out. I wish I made his money writing the crap he writes.

Well in fairness he doesn't make that much money to write it. So there's that.

Astonishing that anyone who watches the Jets thinks that a rookie is going to start over Todd Bowles’ favorite player ever, Josh McCown. It’d be a stretch to think the rookie even gets the nod over Bridgewater when McCown eventually goes down.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Astonishing that anyone who watches the Jets thinks that a rookie is going to start over Todd Bowles’ favorite player ever, Josh McCown. It’d be a stretch to think the rookie even gets the nod over Bridgewater when McCown eventually goes down.

Everything the Jets did this offseason was to ensure that if they take a QB, they can give said QB a red shirt season.  And bet your bottom dollar, that is exactly what will happen.  

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

source.gif

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Everything the Jets did this offseason was to ensure that if they take a QB, they can give said QB a red shirt season.  And bet your bottom dollar, that is exactly what will happen.  

Now, if Maccagnan were smart and inclined toward self-preservation, he’d start leaking about a wedge between the coaching staff and the front office regarding the QB, about how Todd wanted Fitzpatrick and McCown, and how Todd saw John Morton as a threat, and how Todd isn’t giving the draft picks a chance to succeed. The ratings-challenged NFL didn’t give the Jets the first Monday Night Game because they expect Josh McCown to start that game over Baker Mayfield. There’s going to be intense pressure on Bowles to cave, and he’s not going to do it, and it should be the thing that starts Manish and co. down the old “Fire Todd” path. Maccagnan should start planting seeds today so he doesn’t get flushed with Bowles.

Archived