Cimini has Jets finishing 7-9

kevinc855

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Now, if Maccagnan were smart and inclined toward self-preservation, he’d start leaking about a wedge between the coaching staff and the front office regarding the QB, about how Todd wanted Fitzpatrick and McCown, and how Todd saw John Morton as a threat, and how Todd isn’t giving the draft picks a chance to succeed. The ratings-challenged NFL didn’t give the Jets the first Monday Night Game because they expect Josh McCown to start that game over Baker Mayfield. There’s going to be intense pressure on Bowles to cave, and he’s not going to do it, and it should be the thing that starts Manish and co. down the old “Fire Todd” path. Maccagnan should start planting seeds today so he doesn’t get flushed with Bowles.

Does that need to be leaked though? Todd was the dude announcing Fitz the starter before he was even signed. Todd was the dude telling anyone that would listen that Josh is his favorite player he's ever coached and wants him to return.  If Mac was smart, he wouldnt even have to leak anything and instead, just direct Manish to those facts.

Besides, I think Mac is Todd's puppet anyway.

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

Everything the Jets did this offseason was to ensure that if they take a QB, they can give said QB a red shirt season.  And bet your bottom dollar, that is exactly what will happen.  

Well Mac better make Bowles play the rookie end of the yr, if we are out of the playoff hunt. If bridgewater is healthy though he will be the #2, and I’m sure Mac wants to get him time to prove to the world how smart he was for revamping bridgewater career ha

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Does that need to be leaked though? Todd was the dude announcing Fitz the starter before he was even signed. Todd was the dude telling anyone that would listen that Josh is his favorite player he's ever coached and wants him to return.  If Mac was smart, he wouldnt even have to leak anything and instead, just direct Manish to those facts.

Besides, I think Mac is Todd's puppet anyway.

Macc has to change the story from “Poor Todd got stuck with these bad quarterbacks” to “Insecure Todd wanted these bad quarterbacks.”

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Well Mac better make Bowles play the rookie end of the yr, if we are out of the playoff hunt. If bridgewater is healthy though he will be the #2, and I’m sure Mac wants to get him time to prove to the world how smart he was for revamping bridgewater career ha

IMO, you can’t even give Todd the out of using the “in the playoff hunt” crutch. 75% of the league is going to be “in the playoff hunt” all the way up through Week Twelve. 

23 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Silly to pick wins and losses before the draft. Especially with the jets due to the fact we don’t know what’s going to happen with the QB situation. 

This is the same crew that thought we would be lucky to win a single game a year ago. 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMO, you can’t even give Todd the out of using the “in the playoff hunt” crutch. 75% of the league is going to be “in the playoff hunt” all the way up through Week Twelve. 

I know. Trust me I laughed when they kept losing last yr but Bowles said “ we are still in it.” All we had to do was lose 2 more games and we are picking #2 with 3 more 2nd round picks. But that’s water under the bridge now, unless we see 1 or 3 of those 3 players go on to great careers ha. 

But back to your point. How does Mac say “ no Todd, we are realistically out of it make the switch .”

14 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I know. Trust me I laughed when they kept losing last yr but Bowles said “ we are still in it.” All we had to do was lose 2 more games and we are picking #2 with 3 more 2nd round picks. But that’s water under the bridge now, unless we see 1 or 3 of those 3 players go on to great careers ha. 

But back to your point. How does Mac say “ no Todd, we are realistically out of it make the switch .”

This is where the Jets stupid management structure comes in. In a real organization, Maccagnan would call Todd into the office around Week Four and tell him to start Mayfield/Rosen two weeks from that point. If Todd refuses, you’d be looking at Interim Head Coach Mike Caldwell. Of course, this would have been easier if Morton was still here, because Morton wasn’t one of Todd’s guys and was the only coach on the staff who was actually a viable head coach and not just one of Bowles’ otherwise unemployable pals. 98% of the reason Todd likes Bates is because Bates is a dead man walking to the rest of the League. Of course, this is all academic because Chris Johnson isn’t going to do a goddamn thing until Manish tells him to, which is why it’d be smart for Maccagnan to get out in front of this through the media.

50 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He didnt do that 2 years in a row...why would anything change?

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Macc has to change the story from “Poor Todd got stuck with these bad quarterbacks” to “Insecure Todd wanted these bad quarterbacks.”

I think that already is the story, to be honest. 

Here's the way I see it:

OL - Slightly better with replacements of Wes Johnson

RB - Same

WR - Slightly better 

QB - Same with McCown, worse with rookie for a little hopefully same by end of season

DL - Slightly worse without Wilk

DB - Better. More experienced at S and Trumaine Johnson.

LB - Slightly better.

Looks like 7 and 9 to me.  Losing 2 first round picks hurts this year, but hopefully helps in the long run.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s only because you’re in the rural Jacksonville market.

Yes me being in Jax a market with another NFL team is why Todd Bowles announced Fitz the starter before he was signed and publicly asked for Josh back stating he was his favorite player he's ever coached all because JiF lives in the greatest city in the country. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yes me being in Jax a market with another NFL team is why Todd Bowles announced Fitz the starter before he was signed and publicly asked for Josh back stating he was his favorite player he's ever coached all because JiF lives in the greatest city in the country. 

But the way the news is presented to you, there, in what is really Southern Georgia, isn’t how it’s experienced here, in a first-world environment with multiple newspapers that use multisyllabic words. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But the way the news is presented to you, there, in what is really Southern Georgia, isn’t how it’s experienced here, in a first-world environment with multiple newspapers that use multisyllabic words. 

Paul Posluszny bought the house 2 doors down from me.  I get the inside scoop form him and dont use these 3rd world media outlets like ESPN and NFL Network you're referring to.

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is where the Jets stupid management structure comes in. In a real organization, Maccagnan would call Todd into the office around Week Four and tell him to start Mayfield/Rosen two weeks from that point. If Todd refuses, you’d be looking at Interim Head Coach Mike Caldwell. Of course, this would have been easier if Morton was still here, because Morton wasn’t one of Todd’s guys and was the only coach on the staff who was actually a viable head coach and not just one of Bowles’ otherwise unemployable pals. 98% of the reason Todd likes Bates is because Bates is a dead man walking to the rest of the League.

This goes WAY beyond just the starting QB. It also goes to the draft. When Todd Bowles comes to the office and says I LOVE Adams and if he is there, we HAVE to take him, you say thanks for your input Todd and chuckle when he leaves, knowing you probably have to fire the buffoon.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This is where the Jets stupid management structure comes in. In a real organization, Maccagnan would call Todd into the office around Week Four and tell him to start Mayfield/Rosen two weeks from that point. If Todd refuses, you’d be looking at Interim Head Coach Mike Caldwell. Of course, this would have been easier if Morton was still here, because Morton wasn’t one of Todd’s guys and was the only coach on the staff who was actually a viable head coach and not just one of Bowles’ otherwise unemployable pals. 98% of the reason Todd likes Bates is because Bates is a dead man walking to the rest of the League. Of course, this is all academic because Chris Johnson isn’t going to do a goddamn thing until Manish tells him to, which is why it’d be smart for Maccagnan to get out in front of this through the media.

Bowles fired Morton because Morton somehow got the offense to outperform his D where all the resources go to. Bowles hated Morton defied and proved him right, you have to pass to win in this league. Especially behind jets line. We all know Bowles is just another D guru just like rex who loves the “ ground and pound “ to run down the clock so his defense stats look better ha. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the rookie doesn’t play at all this yr. If he is not playing by weak 4-5, why even bring him in week 14 and risk a major injury when we are out of competition. If the rookie is not ready to go week 1 for any reason by start of 19, it’s time to clean house. That includes injury to due terrible Oline neglect. 

7 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Bridgewater if you will

Archived