How real is Baker Mayfield to the Jets? Separating smoke screen from facts.

Patriot Killa

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And yet, Geno did this with Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey, guys he played with his entire career!

I don't know what was said prior to this but I jump in now. So Mayfield didn't have Marquise Brown? The top 10 WR from his class? In fact OU had the most 4 to 5 star recruits on offense over any other team in that conference. So let's not pretend as if he didn't have weapons.

32 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I don't know what was said prior to this but I jump in now. So Mayfield didn't have Marquise Brown? The top 10 WR from his class? In fact OU had the most 4 to 5 star recruits on offense over any other team in that conference. So let's not pretend as if he didn't have weapons.

You have already been supplied with a sufficient answer on this, no?

No one is specifically talking about Geno/Bakers WR’s more than we are talking about their responsibility to the success of their respective college teams as well as their own statistics.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

We will be next year and the year after

Believe what you want but it still doesn't mean they should give up now. That would be stupid. So with all due respect to your poor attitude, thank God Mac thinks differently.

Smoke leaks inside of a burning home, and can be smelled by the residents and maybe the next door neighbors.  This is an intentionally set blaze set by an unknown arsonist to be seen by the whole block.

The Jets have to like Mayfield, no way they don't with this much smoke... but there is DEFINITELY something else in play here. 

Dunno how many people listen or care what Benjamin Allbright posts, but he just tweeted:

Most (not all) people that I talk to around the league have Darnold & Mayfield as the top two QBs, and then a drop off to the next tier.”

I pesonally have Rosen, then Mayfield, but interesting nevertheless. 

23 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Dunno how many people listen or care what Benjamin Allbright posts, but he just tweeted:

Most (not all) people that I talk to around the league have Darnold & Mayfield as the top two QBs, and then a drop off to the next tier.”

he is terrible. literally nothing he says ever comes true. out of all the people i follow on twitter he is the one that i would say is the least legitimate. 

8 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Geno Smith had Tavon Austin (played with for 4 seasons) and Stedman Bailey (Played with for 3 seasons)

Baker Mayfield had Marquise Brown (a Sophomore first year player), CeeDee Lamb (True freshman) and Jeff Badet (Senior Transfer from UK)

Geno played with his targets his entire career, Mayfield never played with Brown, Lamb or Badet before this season.

Geno developed a history with his targets that spanned over 4 years, Mayfield won the Heisman along with every other award a QB could win...playing with a true freshman, a sophomore first year player (Hollywood Brown) and a senior transfer from Kentucky, none of these guys he played with before this season. 

Go look up Hollywood Brown's stats, and what you'll find is that Browns 1,095 yards and 7 TD's during Mayfield's senior season was his first year playing college ball, yet that doesn't compare to Tavon Austin's 1,289 yards and 12 TD's or Stedman Bailey's 1,622 yards and 25 TD's during Geno's Senior season. No other target from OU besides Brown topped 1,000 yards, yet Mayfield threw for over 4,600 yards. Mayfield distributed the ball to a variety of receivers. He didn't depend on Hollywood the way Geno depended on Tavon and Stedman. 

Geno Smith was throwing to All-Americans that he grew up with, Baker was throwing to A freshman, a sophomore who never played and a Senior transfer who will most likely not be drafted this year...and Mayfield turned that into a Heisman award winning/All-time great QB season performance. 

I dont have to pretend with Baker Mayfield. I leave that up to the dude that I was originally talking to. 

On 4/20/2018 at 1:27 PM, Lupz27 said:

Yes let’s draft a hopeful 15 year franchise QB based on an offensive system that most likely will be bye bye in 2 years tops when Bowles is fired, you have to be drafting a QB who can play in ANY system, not just your current system.

you realize you can say that about any system... right ?

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Reading Comprehension 

Yes get some ... All I'm trying to tell you is anything can change at any moment in this league and every one of these QB's could go through multiple coach's/OC in the first 4 or 5 years. Yes I know you are saying get a guy who can excel in all systems but that's not how this is going to work because that's basically an unknown at this stage. Teams will pick who they think is the best QB available and I would think if the QB's available are very evenly matched they would pick the one who matches what they are trying to do otherwise why have all these guys run white board sessions ?

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Yes get some ... All I'm trying to tell you is anything can change at any moment in this league and every one of these QB's could go through multiple coach's/OC in the first 4 or 5 years. Yes I know you are saying get a guy who can excel in all systems but that's not how this is going to work because that's basically an unknown at this stage. Teams will pick who they think is the best QB available and I would think if the QB's available are very evenly matched they would pick the one who matches what they are trying to do otherwise why have all these guys run white board sessions ?

You still don’t get it.

15 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Yeah Mayfield played with a bunch of scrubs at OK

13 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Almost everyone with a brain has Rosen over Mayfield 

please anybody but baker
-cant believe he is getting a pass by many on his arrest video-that is the last guy you want playing in NYC especially at QB- he may well end up being the next Johnny football and like many heisman qbs will burn out in the NFL

Just now, kmnj said:

please anybody but baker
-cant believe he is getting a pass by many on his arrest video-that is the last guy you want playing in NYC especially at QB- he may well end up being the next Johnny football and like many heisman qbs will burn out in the NFL

His personality is not a good fit for New York and his stats are inflated from playing in video game air raid offense.  Gonna bust real hard

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Almost everyone with a brain has Rosen over Mayfield 

Not in the NFL. Mayfields stock is skyrocketing.Your blind hatred of Baker is beyond all reason. He is the best QB in the draft. My worry is that Darnold falls to us and we pick him. I would be happy with Darnold but would be happiest with Mayfield. He is going to be as good in the NFL as he was in the college ranks. If you do any research on him you will find that the "air raid" offense he ran in college was MUCH different than others as he tons of responsibilty in calling plays and changing protections, and if you look at PFF  he makes more successful NFL throws than any other QB in the draft and is what of their highest rated QBs for the NFL ever.

Archived