Josh Allen to the Jets per Josh Allen

Lupz27

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Pac said:

No offense but I think Dilfers opinion is a bit more educated than you 2 buffoons sitting in pajama pants guzzling luke warm cans of Labbatts and calling your dog over to eat up all the broken doritos that fall from your faces as you chomp away.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

As opposed to you whining about whoeve we take like e all know you'll do?  Sorry I'm not that miserable or wasted so much time repeating Minkah over and over again.  And have been pretty consistent about wanting Darnold or Rosen as a first choice.  Sorry you're so concerned with who I like.  

ITS GONNA BE NECK AND NECK

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm going to start calling our GM "Tape Measure Macc" if he takes Allen.  His entire pre-draft evaluation seems to consist of how big a guy is and how far he can throw the football.

Did you see the combine?  He blew away the other guys.  Not just on distance, but he threw some nice touch passes and showed excellent mobility.  Regardless, he's 4th on my list because of the risk, but he's definitely an interesting prospect.  He's more than just a big arm.

1 minute ago, slats said:

Would anyone be surprised to learn that the Jets also had private workouts with Mayfield and Rosen, but that Allen was the only one who let the cat out of the bag? 

I think the surprising thing here is only one team wanted a private meeting with Allen.

2 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Did you see the combine?  He blew away the other guys.  Not just on distance, but he threw some nice touch passes and showed excellent mobility.  Regardless, he's 4th on my list because of the risk, but he's definitely an interesting prospect.  He's more than just a big arm.

Was the alpha male at the combine.....

1 hour ago, SMC said:

What's hilarious about this type of reaction is that it's all premised on two Jets-centric things:

1) The fans utter lack of faith in Macc's ability to evaluate a QB prospect, and

2) The fans utter lack of faith in Bowles and the coaching's staff's ability to develop a QB prospect.

If the Jets had a competent QB evaluator and competent coaching staff with an ability to develop QBs, then at 3 Josh Allen would be a no brainer.  You'd be high-fiving in the draft war room after you handed in that card.  But because of the Jets internal issues Allen is an incredibly risky selection.

Nope. It’s my lack of faith in Josh Allen. I would say he’s a risky selection for any team. 

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I think the surprising thing here is only one team wanted a private meeting with Allen.

A lot of misdirection going on out there. The Browns haven't met with Barkley or Chubb, but I don't think that takes either guy off the board at #1 or #4. I have no problem with the Jets doing some straight up due diligence. I also won't freak out if Allen is the pick. Mac is gonna live or die by this selection, I hope he does so on his #1 choice. 

Just now, long suffering jets fan said:

No question, his ceiling is amazing.  Dude can throw 55 years on the run, easy.  Regardless do you accept the risk, or go with someone safer.  Sometimes no guts, no glory.

My preference is Darnold rosen Allen mayfield honestly so yea I’d take him over Baker.  The mayfield love is a bit out of control in these parts IMO 

Just now, slats said:

A lot of misdirection going on out there. The Browns haven't met with Barkley or Chubb, but I don't think that takes either guy off the board at #1 or #4. I have no problem with the Jets doing some straight up due diligence. I also won't freak out if Allen is the pick. Mac is gonna live or die by this selection, I hope he does so on his #1 choice. 

The Browns wouldn’t draft Barkley if they had the first 4 picks in the draft.

4 minutes ago, slats said:

If allen were the pick a few years ago nobody would blink, but now the fan base isn’t ready to embrace an all or nothing prospect.

also, it’s hard to get around the notion that allen simply doesn’t have the skills for bates’ offense, and whether we like this or not, that probably rules him out.  

When we first traded up to #3, the debate was allen or mayfield.  As rumors shifted the browns pick to allen, that’s when the jets were linked with mayfield heavily since the thinking was that the giants would take darnold and the jets preferred mayfield to Rosen.  

Now, it seems possible that the jets may actually choose among darnold/mayfield/Rosen.  And you know what, i still don’t know if the jets would take darnold, but i hope they would.  

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

So true. 

You know what I would love to know ?  I would love to know I the Jets draft Mayfield or Darnold and that player fell off a cliff, would Jet fans stop Monday morning Qbing every move this franchise make . Coincidentally, if they took Allen and he solved a position that has been vacant since “let there be light” was spoken, would some of you folks give it a rest ? 

Just now, Titan24 said:

My preference is Darnold rosen Allen mayfield honestly so yea I’d take him over Baker.  The mayfield love is a bit out of control in these parts IMO 

Darnold, Mayfield, Allen, Rosen for me.  Picking Allen, or Mayfield will require testicles, but I'm intriqued with what they would bring to the table.

8 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

You know what I would love to know ?  I would love to know I the Jets draft Mayfield or Darnold and that player fell off a cliff, would Jet fans stop Monday morning Qbing every move this franchise make . Coincidentally, if they took Allen and he solved a position that has been vacant since “let there be light” was spoken, would some of you folks give it a rest ? 

Best post ever!

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

An alpha completes 56% of his passes, but he completes them with crazy hard gusto.

Point taken and it’s a concern 

Not a baker fan but he could turn out to be something special who knows.  I think this J Allen will be best QB in this draft followed by Darnold.

10 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Nope, the same people bitching about us potentially drafting Allen would be the same people complaining about us passing on him if he becomes a franchise qb.

Just now, artemusclyde said:

Nope, the same people bitching about us potentially drafting Allen would be the same people complaining about us passing on him if he becomes a franchise qb.

There are a lot of folks here who have made their bed will be very interesting. 

4 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Manziel is the only one I remember his size being a first rounder.  Brees and Wilson were later round picks.

I’m trying to like baker....I am

hes not R Wilson not athletic enough  and the chances he’s D Brees are slim to none 

Btw listened to B Scott other day talking bout SI article and all baker nonsense.  He will be hit and hit hard quickly . Moxie/bravado means nothing to 27-30 yr old men in nfl 

42 minutes ago, slats said:

Would anyone be surprised to learn that the Jets also had private workouts with Mayfield and Rosen, but that Allen was the only one who let the cat out of the bag? 

This thread is utter nonsense.

For the record, the Jets also conducted private workouts with Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield and UCLA's Josh Rosen. They skipped a private workout with USC's Sam Darnold. All four visited the Jets' facility.

it's not a carefully guarded secret, you know. 

11 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

hes not R Wilson not athletic enough  and the chances he’s D Brees are slim to none 

Btw listened to B Scott other day talking bout SI article and all baker nonsense.  He will be hit and hit hard quickly . Moxie/bravado means nothing to 27-30 yr old men in nfl 

Baker is the guy who scares me the most.  Like there will be all this hype about the guy and then we'll see him in training camp and wonder "what the heck were we thinking?!"  Josh Allen might need time to grow but he's a big, strong kid with a ton of ability that he needs to harness.  I'd still prefer Darnold or Rosen before him but I will be one of the few on here who won't be upset at a Josh Allen pick.  

16 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

Are you more concerned about how Rosen will absorb those hits, or mayfield?

Just now, Titan24 said:

Rosen isn’t on this teams board...... I have that feeling 

I think he is, but he’s 3rd.  I think when the rumors started that the browns wanted allen, and they were still mocking darnold to the giants, the next question became, do the jets like mayfield or Rosen.  And i think one of the big shifts in the qb rankings by many throughout the process is that mayfield has leaped ahead of Rosen on some teams boards.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I think he is, but he’s 3rd.  I think when the rumors started that the browns wanted allen, and they were still mocking darnold to the giants, the next question became, do the jets like mayfield or Rosen.  And i think one of the big shifts in the qb rankings by many throughout the process is that mayfield has leaped ahead of Rosen on some teams boards.  

I think Rosen’s “views” etc are a problem... and it’s a real thing.  Think this teams rankings are Darnold, Baker, Allen and it’s very close between baker and Allen 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

No offense but I think Dilfers opinion is a bit more educated than you 2 buffoons sitting in pajama pants guzzling luke warm cans of Labbatts and calling your dog over to eat up all the broken doritos that fall from your faces as you chomp away.

Don’t call me a dog!

Just now, Titan24 said:

I think Rosen’s “views” etc are a problem... and it’s a real thing.  Think this teams rankings are Darnold, Baker, Allen and it’s very close between baker and Allen 

It’s not just his views.  There is an aggregate concern with rosen’s lack of arm strength, mobility and durability.  Then consider his personality, and this just adds to the concern.

i think mayfield has a higher upside, with a better arm, better mobility, better leadership qualities and a pure love of the game.  

At this point, i think the jets are getting mayfield or darnold.  And if the browns do take allen, that time the giants are on the clock is going to seem like forever.

Archived