Josh Allen to the Jets per Josh Allen

Lupz27

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

there are 4 qbs with scout inc grades over 90 in this draft

for the sake of argument lets assume all 4 have the potential to be amazing

It has become a matter of the fans of one tearing down the fans of another but really it should be about fit and culture 

bottom line a Southern Cal QB has been tried in NY recently and Thanksgiving hasn't been the same. I'll never forget the first time Sanchez saw snow it was before a regular season game he was starting. that man is the franchise playoff wins leader BTW.  

A UCLA QB is like a USC QB but with more opinions or whatever. These guys might have great careers for Arizona and the Chargers. I don't like them in NJ. No one wants Josh Rosen's opinion in Jersey. 

Life as QB of the NYJ is more like the QB of Wyoming who went to JC or walking on to Texas Tech and transfering to Oklahoma.  It's not a 5 star elite 11 life where you get your money for nothing and your chicks for free. It's a building that looks like an air conditioner built in swampland. The division away games are in s-hole places like Buffalo and Foxborough. 

The point of this rant is that Cali boys are too soft for NY. I like Darnold more than Rosen but they are 3 and 4 on the list. Allen 1, Mayfield 2 seems reasonable. 3rd choice is Saquon. 

Josh Allen...????????????‍♂️??‍♀️??‍♂️???...is from...???????????⚡️⭐️?✨?????...California.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Josh Allen...????????????‍♂️??‍♀️??‍♂️???...is from...???????????⚡️⭐️?✨?????...California.

Firebaugh California is a town of 7500 people, 40 miles from Fresno. 

it's nowheresville 

Josh Rosen can't get boba tea there 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's nowheresville 

Josh Rosen is a Tennis player, is there anything less NFL player than a Tennis player?

44 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's nowheresville 

Firebaugh is a coal mining town that shuts down on Friday nights so ashen-faced men still in their mining gear can commune at the hardscrabble high school field (which is really just an extended dirt patch with some chalk lines crudely dusted over some granite and limestone pebbles) to watch their boys play against local rivals Mississauga Technical. Mississauga Tech is also technically in Firebaugh, but opened on the other end of the one-stoplight town in 1949 as a result of some chicanery during The New Deal, when FDR’s public works programs sent a trainload of steel and lumber meant for a munitions plant that never got built and Ol’ John Enos Slaughter—Firebaugh’s revivalist minister and town mayor at the time— decided instead to use the extra materials to erect a church that soon became a makeshift triage tent during the Flood of ‘52, and then a trade school where young boys who showed promise would learn how to craft shovels and pickaxes, meant for use in the mines. Most boys wouldn’t even graduate from these schools, instead they’d end up replacing their fathers and older brothers, lost to the world as the black lung struck them down in their late twenties. It’s from this cauldron of black ash and proletariat despair that Josh Allen was borne, the young boy with the golden arm covered in soot.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Firebaugh is a coal mining town that shuts down on Friday nights so ashen-faced men still in their mining gear can commune at the hardscrabble high school field (which is really just an extended dirt patch with some chalk lines crudely dusted over some granite and limestone pebbles) to watch their boys play against local rivals Mississauga Technical. Mississauga Tech is also technically in Firebaugh, but opened on the other end of the one-stoplight town in 1949 as a result of some chicanery during The New Deal, when FDR’s public works programs sent a trainload of steel and lumber meant for a munitions plant that never got built and Ol’ John Enos Slaughter—Firebaugh’s revivalist minister and town mayor at the time— decided instead to use the extra materials to erect a church that soon became a makeshift triage tent during the Flood of ‘52, and then a trade school where young boys who showed promise would learn how to craft shovels and pickaxes, meant for use in the mines. Most boys wouldn’t even graduate from these schools, instead they’d end up replacing their fathers and older brothers, lost to the world as the black lung struck them down in their late twenties. It’s from this cauldron of black ash and proletariat despair that Josh Allen was borne, the young boy with the golden arm covered in soot.

From Wikipedia-

On their 1985 album Wönderful, the Circle Jerks, an influential Los Angeles-based punk band, recorded a song entitled "Firebaugh". The song's lyrics portray a dystopian vision of racial tension, violence, alcoholism, and boredom. Listeners are warned, "If your car breaks down, don't take a tow to Firebaugh...

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

From Wikipedia-

On their 1985 album Wönderful, the Circle Jerks, an influential Los Angeles-based punk band, recorded a song entitled "Firebaugh". The song's lyrics portray a dystopian vision of racial tension, violence, alcoholism, and boredom. Listeners are warned, "If your car breaks down, don't take a tow to Firebaugh...

We had a place kinda like that about twenty miles from where I grew up. It didn’t appear on any maps because it was really just a few acres in Dutchess County that was squatted upon by a huge inbred community. It was commonly known as “Oniontown.” You were warned as teenagers to never drive your car through Oniontown because the police weren’t going to come save you if the locals attacked you for trespassing.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

there are 4 qbs with scout inc grades over 90 in this draft

for the sake of argument lets assume all 4 have the potential to be amazing

It has become a matter of the fans of one tearing down the fans of another but really it should be about fit and culture 

bottom line a Southern Cal QB has been tried in NY recently and Thanksgiving hasn't been the same. I'll never forget the first time Sanchez saw snow it was before a regular season game he was starting. that man is the franchise playoff wins leader BTW.  

A UCLA QB is like a USC QB but with more opinions or whatever. These guys might have great careers for Arizona and the Chargers. I don't like them in NJ. No one wants Josh Rosen's opinion in Jersey. 

Life as QB of the NYJ is more like the QB of Wyoming who went to JC or walking on to Texas Tech and transfering to Oklahoma.  It's not a 5 star elite 11 life where you get your money for nothing and your chicks for free. It's a building that looks like an air conditioner built in swampland. The division away games are in s-hole places like Buffalo and Foxborough. 

The point of this rant is that Cali boys are too soft for NY. I like Darnold more than Rosen but they are 3 and 4 on the list. Allen 1, Mayfield 2 seems reasonable. 3rd choice is Saquon. 

Where did Aaron Rodgers go to school? Is Green Bay considered Southeen or Northern California? 

22 hours ago, Pac said:

All the whiners should watch this in it's entirety.  I'd be quite happy with a swing for the fences if he's there.

A team that plays outdoors in bad weather with a bridge QB should draft Allen 

It's simple 

22 hours ago, Pac said:

All the whiners should watch this in it's entirety.  I'd be quite happy with a swing for the fences if he's there.

A team that plays outdoors in bad weather with a bridge QB should draft Allen 

It's simple 

California is a huge state.  

To grow up in the San Francisco or Los Angeles areas is one thing.  

I went to graduate school in Los Angeles and deliberately moved back to New York 30 years ago.  I know I would be a parent one day, and I did not want to raise my kids in California.  I had a blast there, but I was 25.  I saw how people raised in California, particularly Southern California, ended up.  Within a month in LA, I knew more about what was happening and where to go as the kids who grew up there.  Honestly, I am plotting my return as my youngest gets ready to go to college.  

One of my friends from school was from Fresno.  I met his friends.  Fresno and the rest of the Central Valley is alot closer to a dystopian Oklahoma than it is to Manhattan Beach or San Clemente.  Fresno, Bakersfield, Stockton-you will see as many Confederate flags as in Mississippi.  It is as close to Newport Beach as it is to Mars.  

That being said, the farmland is very valuable, and there is a class of wealthy farmer.   I would be interested in what the Allen family home looks like.  

16 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I have said the same thing numerous times only to realize I don’t have the information the teams do about these prospects and I don’t have to explain to my owner why I am giving millions of his money to a kid with red flags up the ying yang that fans are not privileged too.  I wanted to draft Hackenberg and was willing to move back into the bottom of the 1st round to get him if I needed too . The Jets didn’t have to and thus far it has proven to have been a mistake . It happens, and you move on . Mac won’t be the last GM to make a mistake on a player .  

What some fans refuse to take into consideration is that sometimes GM’s make decisions on players based on the results that they received from the investigation performed by the teams . Sometimes what you know can be more dangerous than what you don’t. 

I'll give you credit for bringing logic into the room. You're not wrong in what you're saying -- And Hack won Macc over on the chalkboard so to speak... 

However, let's keep things in perspective, shall we?; Macc is being paid millions of dollars. Millions... his job? To manage the roster. Drafting busts kind of hurts your resume. No one bats .900, but you're expected to better than Macc has.   

As if arm strength even matters that much.  As long as you don't have a noodle arm like Chad Pennington, you're fine, and none of the top prospects in this draft are in that category. 
Peyton Manning wobble-passed his way to being the greatest QB of all-time.  

I am sorry. But arm strength is hugely important. Especially in today’s NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Repeating the same unpersuasive claim over and over is not particularly persuasive.  You just don' get that, which is why no one will ever take anything you post seriously.  You win the clown award when it comes to argumentative skills. You have none.

Blah blah blah yes the alcoholic problem child midget who got stats playing in gimmick  offense is the next Drew Brees and has nothing in common with Manziel (or Geno). We heard that nonsense bs 100000x already

Archived