Where and who will you be watching the Draft with?

jetstream23

In other words, who will be hearing your profanity and will it be your TV or some sports bar's TV that gets a beer glass thrown at it?

As for me, I'll be home having a few family and friends over to watch.  An early pick improves the chance of being mostly sober and not ruining a 55" TV.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I always do, I will be sitting by myself, with either NFLN or ESPN on the TV.  Laptop in front of me.  And cell phone by my side (gotta text my friends and my son during the draft -- most likely to vent).  Only difference is this year the laptop will be on JN rather than the Hampur.  Ignoring my wife and daughter for 3 days.

Every hour or so my wife will walk by, take a look at me, shake her head and call me an idiot.  "I don't know how you can sit and watch this stuff for hours and hours.  You could just look online in the morning and know what happened in 10 minutes.  I married an idiot."  And she disappears to the other room to watch the a Real Housewives show.

Usually on the Saturday night after the draft, we go to out Ruths' Chris or similar steakhouse and all is good.

Sitting by yourself is not such a bad option @Patriot Killa

Where? Where else, on the INTERNET, where else would you want to be than on JetNation and social media.

Who with? On my bloody own. Draft parties do not really exist for us overseas fans. It will be 1.30am in this part of the world by the time the Jets pick. I will be ten-deep by the time Goodell announces our pick. If it is Allen, the neighbours might have a few complaints in the morning. 

My wife goes out because I cuss too much.  I am usually on the phone with my buddy who is a Browns fan so we both very comfortable with all the cussing.  He is in New York and I am in North Carolina.

My two sons and I at home. Possibly my brothers.  I'll invite my scummy vaGiant fan good friend... although he vowed to never watch a draft with me again after I screamed to the heavens and into his ear when the vaGiants selected my favorite player in the 2014 draft...OBJ.  

Hopefully the Jets wind up with Darnold or Rosen so I can save my voice and my friends ears.

Same as the last 5 years.  At the bar on my back porch with 3 of my adult kids.  They could care less about the draft, but will be here for the free beer and steak.

And to make sure daddy--O doesn't do anything stupid if the Jets do something stupid.  Like a couple of years ago when I jumped in the pool with my cell phone in my pocket when the Jets took Hack  :) 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Only difference is this year the laptop will be on JN rather than the Hampur. 

Sitting by yourself is not such a bad option @Patriot Killa

Most definitely man. I’ll have my phone by my side and i’ll be following the draft thread the entire night. 

Basically i’ll be watching the draft with all of you guys..just virtually lol.

I'll be out to dinner in Puerto Morelos, Mexico, checking the draft on my phone, and literally laughing out loud when the pick comes in at the people here who I know are losing their minds. 

4 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

with my 8 yr old grandson if I can talk him into giving up the little einsteins program.  If not I'll be here on JN watching 75% going crazy and 25% shouting for joy.  :D

Your mentioning  your grandson made me think of a funny story that happened to me.  Wasn't so funny at the time.  At least to grand ma, and the daughter.

Grand Ma and the daughter went shopping, and left the two year old with me while I was watching the Jets.  When they returned, the daughter says "You and grandpa have fun?"  Kid says, "uh-huh.  Sanchez F N sucks."  It was a long noisy night.  LOL

21 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Your mentioning  your grandson made me think of a funny story that happened to me.  Wasn't so funny at the time.  At least to grand ma, and the daughter.

Grand Ma and the daughter went shopping, and left the two year old with me while I was watching the Jets.  When they returned, the daughter says "You and grandpa have fun?"  Kid says, "uh-huh.  Sanchez F N sucks."  It was a long noisy night.  LOL

Life lesson there : Kids don't miss ANYTHING . lol

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wide bought tickets to see Carl Palmer and the Alan Parsons Project.  Didn't check the dates.  Won't be watching while FaceTiming my son.  I'll be watching on the phone:angry:

Freudian slip ? j/k 

6 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

At home with the wife ( rabid USC and Bills fan) watching it on ESPN while taping the NFL broadcast. . I can't stand anyone on NFL cannel except for Mike Maylock.

Life lesson there : Kid don't miss ANYTHING . lol

LOL, oh your right about that.  Funny thing is I'm not a particularly vulgar individual, and honestly don't remember saying it during the game.  Obviously I did.  Kid picked up on it.  BOOM!  Could't wait to repeat it.  LOL

2 hours ago, Lith said:

As I always do, I will be sitting by myself, with either NFLN or ESPN on the TV.  Laptop in front of me.  And cell phone by my side (gotta text my friends and my son during the draft -- most likely to vent).  Only difference is this year the laptop will be on JN rather than the Hampur.  Ignoring my wife and daughter for 3 days.

Every hour or so my wife will walk by, take a look at me, shake her head and call me an idiot.  "I don't know how you can sit and watch this stuff for hours and hours.  You could just look online in the morning and know what happened in 10 minutes.  I married an idiot."  And she disappears to the other room to watch the a Real Housewives show.

@Patriot Killa

She watches the "real" housewives show and your the idiot ? lol

Archived