Maxman

Jets @ Detroit Lions - Bus Trip, Tickets & Tailgating

Rate this topic

The New York Jets open the season against the Detroit Lions. The game is on Monday night football (9/10). We know someone who is doing a bus trip from NY & NJ and their package includes game tickets and tailgating.

I will have all the information soon.

Anyone interested?

Actually there's a lot of great bars in that downtown Detroit area near the stadium. I just checked the Tigers schedule they are playing the Astros same night (plus home games before and after) and both stadiums are almost adjacent, very close. It sounds like a lot of fun. 

I was in Detroit one time in 2008. I remember it well because it was the weekend of the NFL draft and I remember watching us draft Gholston. A lot of dilapidated buildings but it's on the rebound. I assume they're staying overnight and not just busing in and busing out. 

48 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I was in Detroit one time in 2008. I remember it well because it was the weekend of the NFL draft and I remember watching us draft Gholston. A lot of dilapidated buildings but it's on the rebound. I assume they're staying overnight and not just busing in and busing out. 

stick to the " touristy areas "..

Chopin_Kirkwood.jpg

:huh:...& u should be ok     ;) 

50 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I was there last year for work. The downtown area near the stadiums is fairly well gentrified right now, but I remembered it being very empty. If you’re going for the game, there are decent hotels within walking distance and a bunch of decent restaurants and bars. It feels a lot like White Plains does.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Actually there's a lot of great bars in that downtown Detroit area near the stadium. I just checked the Tigers schedule they are playing the Astros same night (plus home games before and after) and  ;)both stadiums are almost adjacent,  ;)very close. It sounds like a lot of fun. 

Detroit_Downtown_Sports_Zone_2013.jpg

..they r   B)

24 minutes ago, kelly said:

stick to the " touristy areas "..

Chopin_Kirkwood.jpg

:huh:...& u should be ok     ;) 

That's a nice positive pic you show of it. (I didn't say untrue) I remember back in 2008 seeing commercial areas basically stripped. And a lot of them. But there were some good and huge sports bars across the street from Comerco and Ford. You could have a good time there esp if you like to drink. And we beat the Lions. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sounds like a plan wish I could participate. 

If you go do not drink the water. 

Image result for detroit water pics

Maybe Max can break you out like Faceman used to do for Murdoch 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe Max can break you out like Faceman used to do for Murdoch 

Who the hell is Faceman and who the hell is Murdoch?  

No one needs to break me out of anywhere. 

I come and go freely in and out of my own home in Central N.J. 

Unlike you locked away in some institution in parts unknown. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Who the hell is Faceman and who the hell is Murdoch?  

No one needs to break me out of anywhere. 

I come and go freely in and out of my own home in Central N.J. 

Unlike you locked away in some institution in parts unknown. 

Surely you've heard of "Bad Attitude" Baracus.

Recommend you stay across the river in Windsor.  Area is nicer, safer and more fun just remember to bring a passport but it’s only a 20 minute drive to the Football stadium

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Max what do we have to do?

I should have the info very soon. I will post it here once I have it. He is booking the hotel and the bus.

I will post the whole travel agenda as soon as he gives it to me, thanks.

I would love to come to the tailgate and meet some of the guys. A word to the wise though. If you stay in Detroit I recommend you take the hotel shuttle to and from the stadium. If they have one that is. Especially if you are going to drink. The area around the stadium is safe but I always park in the garage across from the stadium by the Elwood bar. Downtown Detroit is getting better but it's no place to be drunk at night walking around.

Tigers have home games Sat night & Sunday day (as well as Monday night) ... So I would think the buddy would try to have an option with that involved somehow as well

On 4/21/2018 at 5:51 PM, joewilly12 said:

Sounds like a plan wish I could participate. 

If you go do not drink the water. 

Image result for detroit water pics

That's Flint with the bad water not Detroit.

Anyone interested in the trip above? We had 10 people express an interest so if you think you would go let me know and I can get everything squared away with how to sign up.

Thanks.