Anyone else like all 4?

JohnnyLV

I like all 4 of the Top QB prospects. I think all of them will become franchise guys. and I think there's at least 2-4 others who can become solid starters and even franchuse guys themselves.

Because of that I can read all the speculation without fear. Personally I prefer Mayfield but will be happy with any of the others.

If we had stayed at 6, we would have be n shut out.

Anyone else with me ? I am super excited for the draft. I think we wind up with Darnold.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I'm in the similar boat that I don't love any of them, but I don't hate any of them, either. I'll support whoever they pick longer than most people here. For instance, I'd love to see Hackenberg play so well in the preseason that we question why the Jets even decided to draft a QB this year, and I'm looking forward to Geno taking over for Philip Rivers and getting the Chargers to the Super Bowl. 

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I like all 4, but Allen scares the sh*t out of me with this staff. They all scare the hell out of me with this staff, but Allen the most. But I won’t cry like a bitch if we draft him, I’ll hope for that upside

This.

I'm almost of the mindset that we need to pick the guy that's least fvck-up-able by the Jets. lol  Does that make sense?  I want a guy who is already so far down the development path that even the Jets couldn't screw him up.  That's why, for me, there really is only one Josh that should be on the Jets draft board, and that's Rosen.

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I like all 4, but Allen scares the sh*t out of me with this staff. They all scare the hell out of me with this staff, but Allen the most. But I won’t cry like a bitch if we draft him, I’ll hope for that upside

Same, my thoughts, I like all 4. Rosen scares me the least. Darnold and Mayfield are tied behind him and Allen scares me most but I get he's the highest ceiling guy too. 

All said and done I'll behappy they finally have a potential franchise guy as a rookie to get excited about. 

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I like all 4 of the Top QB prospects. I think all of them will become franchise guys. and I think there's at least 2-4 others who can become solid starters and even franchuse guys themselves.

Because of that I can read all the speculation without fear. Personally I prefer Mayfield but will be happy with any of the others.

Anyone else with me ? I am super excited for the draft. I think we wind up with Darnold.

They each have a shot to be very good or bust. I”ll point out just the negs of each.

Darnold was turnover machine last yr. Rosen is immobile and is injury prone, questionable love for game,. Allen often can’t hit water if he fell out of a boat. Mayfield is few inches shorter than most qbs and had some fun in college.. 

but they all have a lot of potential. 

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

This.

I'm almost of the mindset that we need to pick the guy that's least fvck-up-able by the Jets. lol  Does that make sense?  I want a guy who is already so far down the development path that even the Jets couldn't screw him up.  That's why, for me, there really is only one Josh that should be on the Jets draft board, and that's Rosen.

The last two QBs who met that criteria were a 38-year old Favre and a 38-year old McCown.  Coincidence or pattern?  You decide...

7 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

The first time Allen drops back and unleashes a 60-yard rainbow you are going to scream like a bitch the whole time it's in the air.  Whether it gets caught and by whom is a whole other question but it will be a damned exciting 4 seconds.

13 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

This is where I'm at.  I'd be upset at the Allen pick but you cant deny his upside. IMO he has the highest ceiling in the entire draft because there is so much about him that you just cant teach or develop, its just natural.  I just dont think this is the structure, or lack thereof, to get the best out of him but also realize none of the guys are going to be here 2 years from now and maybe they actually get someone in that could tap into his talent, so who knows.

I'm also convinced the Jets are taking Allen so I think I'm doing that thing where I talk myself into being ok with it even though deep down inside I know it's dumb as sh*t. 

25 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Agree.  Bit hesitant about Allen, but if the Jets take him I won't be out on the ledge.

Think it's Mayfield and I'm very happy with that

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The first time Allen drops back and unleashes a 60-yard rainbow you are going to scream like a bitch the whole time it's in the air.  Whether it gets caught and by whom is a whole other question but it will be a damned exciting 4 seconds.

I’d rather have someone who’s good at converting 3rd and 6.  

I've tried not to rule out any of the four ... I want to support whoever we draft, rather than waiting for him to fall on his face.

I'm sure whoever we draft will have an immediate hater group who'll harp on about his weaknesses and post every time the guy they wanted does anything good. :-( 

36 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

If all 4 includes Jackson and not Allen, then sure. 

Allen isnt a top 4 qb in this draft

He simply has traits. 

11 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I've tried not to rule out any of the four ... I want to support whoever we draft, rather than waiting for him to fall on his face.

I'm sure whoever we draft will have an immediate hater group who'll harp on about his weaknesses and post every time the guy they wanted does anything good. :-( 

Yup, exactly, which is why unless we get someone who just doesn’t give a ****, or comes in and is lights out day 1, they will fail

Same boat I’m in

Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield...whatever.

Just take one and I’ll be more than content.

No one on this board has sunk dozens of hours into breaking down “tape” and evaluating these guys with a fine tooth comb. But guys like Mayock, Kiper, Jeremiah, Brooks, Riddick, Cosell, Klatt, etc all have. I’ll take their opinions over the armchair goofs. And they all agree that every one of these Top 4 guys have legit franchise potential.

Take one and hope for the best. I don’t understand why anyone would be pissed about taking any of them. They all have their own little warts and strengths.

Darnold...turnover issues and an elongated, windup release...but possesses all of the intangibles and physical traits you want. Could be Favre-lite.

Rosen...injury prone and a yuppie dickhead who can rub people the wrong way...but throws a beautiful ball and has flawless mechanics. Could be another Matt Ryan.

Allen...some accuracy concerns and a tendency to rely a little too much on his arm...but is a goddamn freak with generational arm talent and by all accounts is a hardworking kid. Could be the next Roethlisberger if he pans out.

Mayfield...short in stature with some maturity concerns...but is an accurate thrower on all 3 levels and is pretty much a perfect fit for Shanahan’s variation of the WCO. Could be a more physically gifted Jeff Garcia.

Agreed. I have my preferences, but I'll be happy with any of the top four quarterbacks.

The pre-draft over analysis by the media and fans has gone to unprecendented levels this year in my opinion. There are some seriously petty things being scrutinized, none of which will matter once the lights go on. They all have huge potential speaking from a purely technical perspective. Much of the rest is just noise.

At the end of the day, I think we are looking at four legitimate franchise quarterback prospects. I'll take any one of them, and I'll root like hell for him to finally make this team a consistent contender year in and year out.

It's time for a new era.

I'll root for whoever we draft but I find it really interesting how there are people the widely varying opinions on here of all 4 of these guys.  Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen seem to get the most love on here.  Each of the 4 are people's least favorite though (the reasons have been covered many times).  It feels to me like people on here generally want Mayfield and don't want Allen.  I will say it makes me feel better about my prediction that Mayfield is the 1 guy of the 4 that I don't want (though, again, I'll root for and talk myself into whoever we draft).  

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I have just returned from the future. 

One of the 4 quarterbacks goes on to become a three-time Super Bowl Champion and Hall Of Famer.

The other 3 quarterbacks are complete busts.

I can say no more.

SAR I

So the Giants are going to surpass the Steelers with 7 Superbowl victories?!  Wow!

At this point, I’m almost rooting for the pick to be based more on entertainment value than win/loss potential.

In that sense, I have:

1. Baker, TD dances/sideline antics 

2. Allen, freak show deep balls

3. Darnold, Houdini routines

4. Rosen, smooth throwing motion = boring 

NFL draft history says 2 will bust (will not perform up to expectations) and 2 will be NFL starting QB's (maybe franchise) the "professionals" are running about 50/50 so there is reason for concern

I think Allen will be one of the busts but would support him if drafted by the Jets, there is enough positive feedback on here to keep me engaged although I would want Mac to be fired the second he turns in the card for Allen at #3 

The way I'm sort of thinking of It now is by number of shots of whiskey I need to ease my concern. I'll be fine with all 4, just for some, I'll need a bit more to drink.

Mayfield: 1 shot

Rosen: 2 shots

Darnold: 4 shots

Allen: I'm chugging and smoking a pack before he even makes it to the stage

I like all 4 in certain circumstances

For example I don't like Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold at 3 to NYJ 

But these players could thrive in warm weather markets like LAC or ARZ.  

The Jets are an underdog job they need an underdog QB. 

I too have strong reasons to like all four of the QBs...

But that is because in truth I don’t know a dam thing about which one of these QBs would truly thrive in the pressure cooker known as the NY/NJ market and neither does anyone else and so we should all wait until the pick has been made before we start to bellyache.  

Archived