Could we get a starting RB in round 3?

k-met57

i think RB is the one position this year where you can get a starting caliber player at the top of round 3. I know we are kind of stacked at the position with Crowell, McGuire and Powell...but if we could snag Rashaad Penny or Ronald Jones, we may be walking out of this draft with 2 day 1 starters.

i would also love Mark Andrews from Oklahoma if we went tight end....but i think he will be long gone.

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i think RB is the one position this year where you can get a starting caliber player at the top of round 3. I know we are kind of stacked at the position with Crowell, McGuire and Powell...but if we could snag Rashaad Penny or Ronald Jones, we may be walking out of this draft with 2 day 1 starters.

i would also love Mark Andrews from Oklahoma if we went tight end....but i think he will be long gone.

With Powell, Crowell, Rawls + McGuire, i think you can kiss a 'Back goodbye unless someone like R.Jones slipped and they had him rated really high. The signing of Rawls was likely done in response to not having 2 twos and knowing our 3 will be addressing other immediate needs

The best back who could end up being taken in the 3rd and have a Kareem Hunt kind of impact would Kerryon Johnson (AUB)

Wish Powell, Crowell, Rawls + McGuire, i think you can kiss a 'Back goodbye unless someone like R.Jones slipped and they had him rated really high. The signing of Rawls was likely done in response to not having 2 twos and knowing our 3 will be addressing other immediate needs

Apparently R.Jones has not had a good pre-draft process....could slip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, k-met57 said:

Not impossible, but that slip would have to happen in conjunction with us having a really high grade on Jones. Wouldn't be just because, IMO. 

I added a line re: Kerryon Johnson to my post - that's your best bet as far as I'm concerned

11 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Penny would be a steal. Love to get him.

RB is the most replaceable position in the NFL. We could absolutely nab a new starter, or primary. Partially because we have a collection of JAG players at the position, partially because system often = Star RB.

32 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Would love to see Penny in Jets green

6 minutes ago, jetswin said:

Would love to see Penny in Jets green

Barkley, Guice, Penny, and Michel should all be gone. If they could steal Chubb or even Royce Freeman in the third, that’d be sweet. That said, it’s going to be a CB.

45 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Todd Bowles is going to punch Mac in the nose if he doesn’t get to draft a D player before 4th round ?

49 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

OT or Edge defender please.

45 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Just the opposite. Jones has been shooting up the boards. On several, he has moved up ahead of Michel. 

14 hours ago, k-met57 said:

There's unfortunately no way Jones is there in the 3rd.  I really wanted him too but kissed that goodbye when we traded away those 2nd round picks.  I'll take it all day for a franchise QB.  

As badly as I would love a game breaking RB back there the pick in the 3rd round has to be used to draft a Center.  I'm hoping that maybe Ragnow falls somehow although unlikely or maybe Price's injury has him somehow slip to the early 3rd round.  I'm not satisfied with Spencer Long as he's an injury waiting to happen and if/when it does happen I'd be thoroughly frightened with the fact that Swanson will be the starting Center protecting our precious rookie QB.  Losing proposition.  We pretty much have to pray that a Center slips to the 3rd round and that would have to be the pick.  A starting type backup Center is going to be crucial to have.

When I read about this guy on NFL.com I thought he'd be a decent pick for us ... could allow us to move on from Carpenter?

Tony Adams, OG, N.C. State: Adams can run outside and inside zone plays in his sleep thanks to his efficient movements, plus body control and consistent footwork. He was a tennis player as a youth, which is one of the reasons for his impressive feet, and his father was a wrestling coach, which plays into his understanding of leverage. Adams is undersized, which will hurt his draft slotting, but he's a good football player with consistent tape and should become a NFL starter He could turn out to be a Day 3 steal.

Anyone else a fan of Nyheim Hines. Home run threat who could potentially fill a lot of holes.

Not an every down back but could be our 3rd down back.

Can also play the slot and has college receiver experience.

Kick and punt returner.

Feels like a valuable piece when you consider our needs on offense and specials.

Another player is Kalen Ballage. They call him a freak athlete who doesn't understand the nuances of the position but has over the top measurables. Isn't Stump Mitchell a really good RB coach? 

FB/H-Back Dimitri Flowers later in the draft? Kid had zero drop passes last season, looks like a nice dependable weapon for a young QB, especially if it's Baker.

Picking 3rd or later, feels like there will be a few good options.

15 minutes ago, jamesr said:

When I read about this guy on NFL.com I thought he'd be a decent pick for us ... could allow us to move on from Carpenter?

Tony Adams, OG, N.C. State: Adams can run outside and inside zone plays in his sleep thanks to his efficient movements, plus body control and consistent footwork. He was a tennis player as a youth, which is one of the reasons for his impressive feet, and his father was a wrestling coach, which plays into his understanding of leverage. Adams is undersized, which will hurt his draft slotting, but he's a good football player with consistent tape and should become a NFL starter He could turn out to be a Day 3 steal.

Never heard of him before. I like the thought of this though.

thanks for sharing!

45 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Another player is Kalen Ballage. They call him a freak athlete who doesn't understand the nuances of the position but has over the top measurables. Isn't Stump Mitchell a really good RB coach? 

Ballage would be a nice pick but I think he could be had a little later.

17 hours ago, HessStation said:

Crowell singing is underrated imo. Get an interior lineman in the 3rd

there is a reason why we went out to get TEs and RBs in the leftover-section of free agency.  Because of the traded round 2 picks, that pair of positions can wait until 2019 or later. 

Jets have enough on the roster to hold the fort and I think they really want to see what they have in Leggett and Sterling and also the kid they got that Minnesota released from last year's draft.  And I agree that Crowell might just be better than expected.  I think the 3rd and 4th round picks will focus on Edge defender and OT.  Perhaps even a solid 3-4 DE in rd 3 or 4  to replace Wilkerson.. someone like Dashawn Hand in 4 or Breeland Speaks in 5 or 6. 

Claiborne is on a 1 year deal, so a CB in 4 or 5, maybe Yiadom or McFadden although it's not an immediate need, it seems like such a deep CB draft, that it makes sense to get one mid to late rds.

42 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

Ballage would be a nice pick but I think he could be had a little later.

Ballage in round 5 would be really good value I think.  I just don't see them drafting a back this year. 

Archived