On The Record Necro Gold 2018 Draft Super Poll

T0mShane

2018 NFL DRAFT  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB Should The Jets Draft? (excluding Darnold because he’ll be gone)

2. 2. Presuming Darnold AND Rosen are off the board, which QB should the Jets draft?

3. 3. In THREE years, which of these QBs is having the best statistical success?

4. 4. In FOUR years, which of these QBs IS NOT STARTING for an NFL team?

5. 5. Presuming the Jets draft a QB, during which range does that QB start his first game for the Jets?

• Weeks 1-4 of the 2018 season
    • Weeks 5-8 of the 2018 season
    • Weeks 8-12 of the 2018 season
    • Weeks 13-17 of the 2018 season
    • At some point during the 2019 season
  6. 6. BONUS Q: Who gets fired after the 2018 season?

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Get yourself on the record about how you think the draft should go, losers.

Aren’t there about 50+ threads about this very thing that have been absurdly redundant for 5 months or so? Even a few of them polls started in the past week?

Sad.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Aren’t there about 50+ threads about this very thing that have been absurdly redundant for 5 months or so? Even a few of them polls started in the past week?

Sad.

I hit “return” by mistake and it published before I was done with these scintillating and intriguing poll choices.

Voted Mayfield over Rosen. Just my opinion both are equal as passers but Mayfield trumps him with the It Factor. Many are concerned about batted balls due to his height but just as much is on O-line play. If O-lineman occupies their opponent they cannot get their hands up to block those passes 

- Rosen (because the goal is to get a potential top 7 FQB)

- Allen (Don’t like him and would probably take Baker over him, but at #3 overall and 3 second rounders later, I’m looking for more than a glorified Jeff Garcia. Go big or go home)

- Rosen (because he’s clearly the best prospect)

- Baker (Allen will be the popular choice here, but he’ll probably go to a team that lets him sit for a year and ease his way into the game. Therefore, he might be on his last legs by year 4, but he’ll still be starting. Baker, OTOH, will either carve out a ‘nice’ career for himself or he’ll be a 1st year starter who decombusts by year 3 (ala the Sanchez). My money is on Baker

- Week’s 8-12. Bowles is giving at least half of the season to McCown/Teddy. Tbh, regardless of which QB we draft, I’m not diametrically opposed to this either. 

- [unfortunately] Neither. I don’t know why, but I just know ‘neither’ is the answer here.

I've changed my opinion in the last couple of days. 

Up till now, I have been 1-Darnold, 2-Rosen, 3-Mayfield.

After listening to the PFF guys yesterday on Serius, as well as a couple of other nerdy analytics people they have had on for the last few days, my preference is now 1-Darnold, 2- Mayfield, 3-Rosen.  I voted accordingly.  

And as to the survey, all 4 of them will be starters within 4 years, but since I had to pick one, I went with the biggest concussion risk, who happens to be the least mobile: Rosen most likely to be out first among these 4.  

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I've changed my opinion in the last couple of days. 

Up till now, I have been 1-Darnold, 2-Rosen, 3-Mayfield.

After listening to the PFF guys yesterday on Serius, as well as a couple of other nerdy analytics people they have had on for the last few days, my preference is now 1-Darnold, 2- Mayfield, 3-Rosen.  I voted accordingly.  

And as to the survey, all 4 of them will be starters within 4 years, but since I had to pick one, I went with the biggest concussion risk, who happens to be the least mobile: Rosen most likely to be out first among these 4.  

Rosen seems like the sure thing pick but the injuries concern Macc and Bowles, thats why they take Mayfield. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Did you not watch the SportsScience vid? He hit the crossbar from THIRTY. On the FIRST TRY.

The only take away there is I shamed you into watching it. That's real power son 

Sorry to burst your bubble but my point about Allen is that Jets fans have a lame irrational fear that he is another Hackenberg and the rest of the league sees him differently. 

I don't have a favorite. I would be happy with any of the big 4. 

I thought the idea of this thread was to wait 5 years? 

And really if you bump this in 5 years to see whose guess was wrong, who is the loser? 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Rosen seems like the sure thing pick but the injuries concern Macc and Bowles, thats why they take Mayfield. 

I worry about Rosen's lack of mobility.  Also some of the analytics have not been as favorable as I expected.  Mayfield's analytics are sky high and the PFF guys demonstrated that it's not just based on the short passing and conference he's in.  He had the by far, the best ball placement in ANY situation.  Rosen reminds me of Bledsoe a bit and I think he is the most fragile, with Josh allen's shoulder making him second most brittle.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Did you not watch the SportsScience vid? He hit the crossbar from THIRTY. On the FIRST TRY.

I saw that. It’s too bad. After another twenty years the Game will probably look like that. No more receivers just QBs hitting crossbars for points. Josh Allen doesn’t suck pal, he is just before his time. 

Archived