Allen discusses his inaccuracy.

Mike135

22 hours ago, Mackman55 said:

Put on the tape of his game against Oregon last year. I dare anyone to say he is a first round pick after watching that!

Put on Darnold's tape against OSU or the second half of Mayfield against Georgia.  Every QB has bad games  but everyone cherry picks Allen's against far superior talent while the other QB's in the draft had similiar games against teams much closer in talent level.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then leave it alone, if it's that many times. Josh Allen sucks until he proves not to. Plan and simple. 

All these QB's suck until proven otherwise. Not one has done a single thing at the NFL level yet. Everything anyone posts is pure speculation.

On 4/22/2018 at 1:57 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

All this Allen hate. Boy does it ever feel like all these people are going to be wrong (at least to me)

If his footwork is fixed he will be a very good QB. If however, he reverts to poor mechanics under pressure he will be a bust.

36 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Put on Darnold's tape against OSU or the second half of Mayfield against Georgia.  Every QB has bad games  but everyone cherry picks Allen's against far superior talent while the other QB's in the draft had similiar games against teams much closer in talent level.

Honestly, I would love to see Mayfield play for Wyoming - in that offense - and see what he would have looked like...and I like Baker.  

28 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

All these QB's suck until proven otherwise. Not one has done a single thing at the NFL level yet. Everything anyone posts is pure speculation.

Nope, some sucked at the college level and some were awesome. 

That's not speculation, that's fact. Allen wasn't even a good college qb. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH (Takes breath....)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've seen you've thrown in the red flag and ran out of ammo lol.

This is exactly what I expected of you. 

2 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I've seen you've thrown in the red flag and ran out of ammo lol.

This is exactly what I expected of you. 

Actually, I seen that this went from talking about Josh Allen and his inaccuracy to stupidity regarding offensive schemes. My laughter was just a way to dismiss the nonsense. 

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly, I would love to see Mayfield play for Wyoming - in that offense - and see what he would have looked like...and I like Baker.  

That's the thing I'd be happy with any of the 4 Qb's , but some of the poster's here are simply going through PHSD Post Hackenburg stress disorder.

21 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Nope, some sucked at the college level and some were awesome. 

That's not speculation, that's fact. Allen wasn't even a good college qb. 

All speculation as to how they will fare in the pros. You can post whatever stats you like , but for every Qb that fits the norm you'll find outliers in every category.

6 hours ago, legler82 said:

This is so silly.  People act as though Brees's success was based on his measurable, talent and college production.  Those just got him drafted in the 2nd round and ousted out of San Diego.  Sean Payton's offense and his borderline psychotic work ethic is what made him into a future 1st ballot HOFer.  Jay Glazer on the Rich Eisen show recently told a story of how he was going out late with Sean Payton somewhere.  They had to make a not so quick detour back to the stadium or practice facility because Payton had forgot something.  The building was completely empty except for Brees studying and working out.  When Jay asked Brees why are you here by yourself, Bress responded "sometimes being great is lonely".  The combination of talent, measurables, potential and on a smaller scale college production determines your draft position.  Like it or not Allen is simply more talented, has better measurables and potential than Mayfield; blame it on God and genetics.  The only thing Mayfield has over him is production which doesn't hold as much weight in the draft.  So Allen most likely will and should be drafted ahead of Mayfield.  Their careers beyond that will be predicated on coaching, scheme fit and work ethic.  No one knows for sure at this point if Mayfield is a harder worker than Allen.  Time will tell.

Be carefull as strong statement = emotional

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I've spent the last week or so talking myself into all the different ways this could end up ok. Then I think of the combination of luck and high-level, long-term strategic thinking that would require, and then I remember that we could have ended up in the top three and kept all the twos to boot if these morons had just let Petty and Hackenberg piss the season down their legs instead of wringing the last drops of usefulness out of McCown, and then I just try to think of something else.

You have the Idiot Todd Bowles to thank for that. Dumbest coach in the NFL to not realize he had 2 win win situations he let slip away and not realize this team was not ready to win anything yet sat all the rookies.

1. He plays Hackenberg and he sh*ts the bed giving us a better pick and keeping all our number 2's

2. He plays Hackenberg and Hack begins to develop as an NFL QB as the game slows down for him a chance he may never get.

These seem to be 2 scenarios any coach with half a brain should have realized and he could have done both of them while still trying to win. Instead we get the 38 year old. I'm not against McCown this year as much as I was last year but once again McCown should not get passed the fifth game and the rookie, whether it be Rosen or Mayfield, better get his shot or this fan base will totally destroy Bowles on Sundays as the year goes on and they don't get a look at the young QB while still continuing to be Mediocre at best. Bowles at some point will have to understand if he loses the fans he will lose his job but he is pretty much that dumb from what we've seen

3 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Leave what alone? No one said Mayfield didnt throw 4,200 yards in that gimmick offense.

"Josh Allen sucks until he proves not to."

Therefore Mayfield is great until .....

-we find out that he's 6'0

-Has a hard time adjusting to pro concepts

-Too much of a drunk to stay out if trouble?

Allen didn’t even throw for 2k yardage last yr. I know he missed 3games ? That is still horrible.. 

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

We know why 1 or 2 jet fans on JI “ love” josh Allen. Those 2 also love big muscular men outside of football ?

Funny and perhaps true.  But nuttin' wrong with gay fans or players.

If Rosen is gone, I'm cool with Mayfield.  Even after his homo-erotic photo shoot.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Funny and perhaps true.  But nuttin' wrong with gay fans or players.

If Rosen is gone, I'm cool with Mayfield.  Even after his homo-erotic photo shoot.

Couldn’t agree more..If we drafted a qb Who was, Id buy a rainbow jersey and cheer him on ha. I just don’t like to see fans love and follow a terrible as “ mark Sanchez “ simply because they have season tickets and a major crush.. ?

4 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Mayfield talent and production has already been questioned. The ability to produce in a none gimmick system that certainly inflates his stats. Throw in rhythm under center under a pro concept Instead of all these misdirection zone reads. Johnny Football and Tim Tebow were great in these systems as well. Adjusting to pro D will be an adjustment for all QBs. 

We also can't protend as if character doesn't matter when out of all positions it probably matters most for QBs.

Character?    Dic pic Favre, gamblin Len Dawson, drunkard Joe Namath, prick Aaron Rodgers, rapist ben rothlissberger....

13 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Character?    Dic pic Favre, gamblin Len Dawson, drunkard Joe Namath, prick Aaron Rodgers, rapist ben rothlissberger....

Favre had been in the nfl 20 years when the dick pic happened, the charges against Ben were never substantiated and Rodgers has never been in trouble besides trolls on the internet calling him gay

57 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Wait till Mayfield busts in the nfl his damage control on here will look like the Russians trying to fix Chernobyl 

it most certainly won't be Mayfields fault - it'll Bowles, Mac, whoever the new HC and GM are (if he busts he'll get another regime to fix him) the Johnsons, the media etc..Anyone but his...

If Allen becomes great somewhere else - it'll be the Jets wouldn't have been able to develop him anyway.

I actually like Baker and would be happy for him but, to me, he's more of a risk than Allen.

I do believe that Josh Allen will have a similar career arc to Vinny T. The main difference is that Allen is more athletic. Basically,  Allen will flash from the get go, but throw lots of interceptions because he will not recognize coverages and doesn't possess above average accuracy. But, he will be durable and after about 7 years as a starter in the league, he will become serviceable above average starter. After year 7, if placed on a talented team with the right coach, he may even put together a couple of MVP caliber seasons.

I'm really unsure if the above is what people want out of the QB we draft at 3. Perhaps it is for some. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

it most certainly won't be Mayfields fault - it'll Bowles, Mac, whoever the new HC and GM are (if he busts he'll get another regime to fix him) the Johnsons, the media etc..Anyone but his...

If Allen becomes great somewhere else - it'll be the Jets wouldn't have been able to develop him anyway.

I actually like Baker and would be happy for him but, to me, he's more of a risk than Allen.

Bowles and Mayfield what a match made in jet no playoffs purgatory 

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I do believe that Josh Allen will have a similar career arc to Vinny T. The main difference is that Allen is more athletic. Basically,  Allen will flash from the get go, but throw lots of interceptions because he will not recognize coverages and doesn't possess above average accuracy. But, he will be durable and after about 7 years as a starter in the league, he will become serviceable above average starter. After year 7, if placed on a talented team with the right coach, he may even put together a couple of MVP caliber seasons.

I'm really unsure if the above is what people want out of the QB we draft at 3. Perhaps it is for some. 

The comparison with Vinny is a fair one.  I think if Allen gets used right he will look like Cam Newton a guy scrambles a lot and uses his big body to get tough yards other mobile qbs cant

8 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Nah, that's a terrible comparison. Vinny was the ultimate JAG. 

Where are you getting the notion of him not being able to recognize coverages? That's far from his cons. 

47 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The comparison with Vinny is a fair one.  I think if Allen gets used right he will look like Cam Newton a guy scrambles a lot and uses his big body to get tough yards other mobile qbs cant

WTF!! So, in reality, we've been pretty close to seeing Allen the same way. Who knew? 

Archived