Bold Prediction

InstantClassic

The more I think about it, the more I think the Jets are smokescreening the hell out of the NFL with the trade up to 3. Everyone is saying the ransom they paid to move up 3 spots guarantees a QB..I beg to differ.

Think about it. Cleveland is QB starved, and will be talking one at 1. The Jets move to 3, not 2, to dupe everyone into thinking they want a QB..this forces QB needy teams like the Bills to load up and trade up to leap the Jets for a QB at 2, thinking they’ve beaten the Jets to the punch. Meanwhile, that leaves the best player in the draft on the board in Barkley at 3. Jets draft Barkley, and more than likely hope Bridgewater is the QB he was prior to injury. 

One thing I’ve learned in my 20 years as a fan of this team..nothing they do is conventional wisdom. Thursday should be fun, to say the least.

Just now, The Crusher said:

RB at 3 and hope at QB? That’s just grand. 

Aside from the basic premise being completely absurd, there's not even a guarantee that he'll be there at #3.

However, I do wonder if the GMs of QB needy teams start to lose their mind after evaluating these QBs for so long and question who they want to pick.  Paralysis by over-analysis.

8 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

The more I think about it, the more I think the Jets are smokescreening the hell out of the NFL with the trade up to 3. Everyone is saying the ransom they paid to move up 3 spots guarantees a QB..I beg to differ.

Think about it. Cleveland is QB starved, and will be talking one at 1. The Jets move to 3, not 2, to dupe everyone into thinking they want a QB..this forces QB needy teams like the Bills to load up and trade up to leap the Jets for a QB at 2, thinking they’ve beaten the Jets to the punch. Meanwhile, that leaves the best player in the draft on the board in Barkley at 3. Jets draft Barkley, and more than likely hope Bridgewater is the QB he was prior to injury. 

One thing I’ve learned in my 20 years as a fan of this team..nothing they do is conventional wisdom. Thursday should be fun, to say the least.

@InstantClassic do me this favor

50 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

usa_today_10218789.0.jpg

Right idea, wrong quarterback.

It would not be wise to underestimate Christian Hackenberg.

SAR I

1 hour ago, InstantClassic said:

Maybe Browns go Barkley 1 and leftover QB, (possibly Allen, who they are rumored to be targeting at 1) at 4.

Maybe Jets traded to 3 because price for 1 or 2 was too steep.

1 hour ago, InstantClassic said:

If the NYJ traded from 6 to 3 including 2 #2 DPs for a damn RB, I for now will go apoplectic.  That's worse than taking 2 S in the first 2 rounds last year.

5 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

Maybe Browns go Barkley 1 and leftover QB, (possibly Allen, who they are rumored to be targeting at 1) at 4.

Maybe Jets traded to 3 because price for 1 or 2 was too steep.

I thought I remember hearing the price for 1 was too steep and the NYG weren't interested when the NYJ mad the trade with IND.

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If Macc takes Barkey at 3, he should be fired on Thursday night.

He should be fired when he mentions Barkley from here on out. 

But if it’s true that B is supposed to be better than Zeke, then damn! Wouldn’t you love that kind of homerun hitter on your team? The QBs have to be rated at franchise level in order to pass on Barkley and at this point, we can just hope the Jets FO have them rated appropriately. Having said that, Jets didn’t overpay (based on value chart) to draft a RB in hopes of Bills overpaying for their QB. That’s just dumb af if they did, so maybe that is what they did. 

Best WR draft in decades, Jets select Jace Amaro.

Best QB draft in decades, Jets select a RB (and give up a boatload if draft capital to do it).

Preficting the dumbest possible outcome for the Jets isn’t bold. It’s just trend analysis.

3 hours ago, InstantClassic said:

In a word...........NO !

I still think, barring a trade, Barkley and Chubb go 1 and 2.  Browns would be foolish, in my opinion, to take QB at one when they still have number four, and four highly rated Qbs.  JPP be released screams chubb at 2.  

However, who the hell knows.  There is always surprises in the top 5 or 10.  Always a big trade.  

I think Barkley might be the Browns pick at one as well. They could still land their QB at four. If they do take Barkley at one I would expect the Giants to trade out and stockpile picks as they need all the help they can get on both sides of the ball.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

I think Barkley might be the Browns pick at one as well. They could still land their QB at four. If they do take Barkley at one I would expect the Giants to trade out and stockpile picks as they need all the help they can get on both sides of the ball.

I agree with you on Barkley going #1. Cleveland knows they can't get him at 4. I don't see the Giants trading out. I think they take a QB here, and if Browns go QB, they grab Barkley. Either scenario is good for us.

Archived