Bold Prediction

InstantClassic

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

I agree with you on Barkley going #1. Cleveland knows they can't get him at 4. I don't see the Giants trading out. I think they take a QB here, and if Browns go QB, they grab Barkley. Either scenario is good for us.

Let’s say Barkley is as good as you think he is.  He’s still not worth the 1st pick overall

Best running back in the game today is probably David Johnson and I’d take pretty much any top 15 qb over him and I like David Johnson alot

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Let’s say Barkley is as good as you think he is.  He’s still not worth the 1st pick overall

Best running back in the game today is probably David Johnson and I’d take pretty much any top 15 qb over him and I like David Johnson alot

I agree with you on the ultimate value of a QB vs RB. But, if Allen has Barkley far and away rated higher than any of the QB's, he can get both by virtue of having #4. I just think he is pretty confident that if he really covets Barkley, he has to get him at #1.

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

I agree with you on the ultimate value of a QB vs RB. But, if Allen has Barkley far and away rated higher than any of the QB's, he can get both by virtue of having #4. I just think he is pretty confident that if he really covets Barkley, he has to get him at #1.

If I’m the browns I go Darnold 1 and Chubb or Nelson at 4

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If I’m the browns I go Darnold 1 and Chubb or Nelson at 4

If I were a Brown's fan, I would love that. Here's a hypothetical......lets's say it goes Barkley to Clev. and Darnold to Giants. We're up. Say, we have Rosen and Mayfield rated equally, but Browns have one of those two rated way higher. They call and offer last pick in rd#2, 64, to move up one spot. Do you make the move? I know you despise Mayfield, but try to be objective here.

13 hours ago, InstantClassic said:

The more I think about it, the more I think the Jets are smokescreening the hell out of the NFL with the trade up to 3. Everyone is saying the ransom they paid to move up 3 spots guarantees a QB..I beg to differ.

Think about it. Cleveland is QB starved, and will be talking one at 1. The Jets move to 3, not 2, to dupe everyone into thinking they want a QB..this forces QB needy teams like the Bills to load up and trade up to leap the Jets for a QB at 2, thinking they’ve beaten the Jets to the punch. Meanwhile, that leaves the best player in the draft on the board in Barkley at 3. Jets draft Barkley, and more than likely hope Bridgewater is the QB he was prior to injury. 

One thing I’ve learned in my 20 years as a fan of this team..nothing they do is conventional wisdom. Thursday should be fun, to say the least.

Interesting theory.

Works better if we didn't have to trade both our 2nd Rounders (and next years) to get to #3.

Because I could see the Jets picking Saquan Barkley at #3, then using their picks (incd. both 2nd's) to trade back up into the lower half of the 1st to select a Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph as the new Jets Future at QB prospect.

But now that's impossbru!  So no, I don't think we're going to draft anything but a QB at #3, and I don't credit Macc with the ability to create "smoke".  He's been mundane in his use of first round picks so far in his tenure, and will be again. 

Darnold goes one, Rosen goes 2 (or someone trades up for Rosen at 2), Jets take Mayfield at 3.

14 hours ago, InstantClassic said:

The more I think about it, the more I think the Jets are smokescreening the hell out of the NFL with the trade up to 3. Everyone is saying the ransom they paid to move up 3 spots guarantees a QB..I beg to differ.

Think about it. Cleveland is QB starved, and will be talking one at 1. The Jets move to 3, not 2, to dupe everyone into thinking they want a QB..this forces QB needy teams like the Bills to load up and trade up to leap the Jets for a QB at 2, thinking they’ve beaten the Jets to the punch. Meanwhile, that leaves the best player in the draft on the board in Barkley at 3. Jets draft Barkley, and more than likely hope Bridgewater is the QB he was prior to injury. 

One thing I’ve learned in my 20 years as a fan of this team..nothing they do is conventional wisdom. Thursday should be fun, to say the least.

I just want the draft to happen already so we can get back to being rational

Archived