Multiple Workouts Today

KRL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000927933/article/jets-working-out-veterans-lamarr-houston-chris-jones

Ahead of the Thursday's draft, most NFL teams will attempt to fill some of the remaining holes on their rosters with stopgap players, negating some of the necessity of over-drafting certain positions.

In that vein, the New York Jets are working out a host of free agent defensive linemen.

Gang Green is working out former Bears pass rusher Lamarr Houston and ex-Patriots defensive tackle Chris Jones, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport adds the Jets are hosting ex-Rams defensive lineman Tyrunn Walker and former Browns defensive lineman Lavar Edwards. New York also recently brought in former Chiefsdefensive tackle Jaye Howard, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo further supplied.

Clearly the Jets are attempting to find some veteran help in the front seven after jettisoning both Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson in the last eight months.

We'll let you know if one of our NFL Network reporters hear of any of these players getting signed in New York. The first reporter to get the scoop receivers a gold star. Stay tuned.

2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I guess Hankins is not on the radar anymore, based on the above.

These workouts could also send a message to Hankins that the Jets are prepared to move on, and won't wait on him forever.

My feeling on Hankins is that he is holding out for a bigger contract than the market will offer. He was overpaid by the Colts, and no-one else is prepared to make the same mistake.

18 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Jay Bromley also amongst the group working out.

I'd definitely sign him - has some talent, still young (not yet 26), can play DT in a 4 man line or DE in a 3-4.

I liked him coming out of Syracuse, he definitely fits our age "profile"

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

A lot of people round these parts loved Houston in his draft year.

I would be one of them.

That was actually a phenomenal year for defensive talent. Houston, Linval Joseph i remember, Dunlap, Atkins... Thornton too if memory serves.

Not gonna bring up Antonio Brown and Jimmy Graham.

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Suspect the Jets will add one pre-draft. Macc likes to go into a draft with no glaring holes.

I would go for Walker.

His philosophy has always been, “if every position is a hole, then you have no holes”

In theory, 3-4 DEs should be much easier to find than Edge guys but the Jets still seem to be turning over a lot of rocks in their search.  While I support Macc trying to at least give the illusion of not having a glaring need, I don't want him to overpay or give a JAG any type of significant commitment.  DLine is a position where I see the Jets making a waiver wire pickup in August when someone springs loose from a team with a deep line.

Maybe we are considering trading Leonard like we should. We may still be able to get a first. In my opinion, a defensive lineman that is very good but not a consistent backfield disruption is really not worth more than the off the field JAGs that provide competent defensive line play. 

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

In theory, 3-4 DEs should be much easier to find than Edge guys but the Jets still seem to be turning over a lot of rocks in their search.  While I support Macc trying to at least give the illusion of not having a glaring need, I don't want him to overpay or give a JAG any type of significant commitment.  DLine is a position where I see the Jets making a waiver wire pickup in August when someone springs loose from a team with a deep line.

I don’t see any of these guys getting a big commitment. They may ask but I don’t see them getting anything more than a 1-2 yr deal. 

56 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Maybe we are considering trading Leonard like we should. We may still be able to get a first. In my opinion, a defensive lineman that is very good but not a consistent backfield disruption is really not worth more than the off the field JAGs that provide competent defensive line play. 

....No

11 hours ago, KRL said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000927933/article/jets-working-out-veterans-lamarr-houston-chris-jones

Ahead of the Thursday's draft, most NFL teams will attempt to fill some of the remaining holes on their rosters with stopgap players, negating some of the necessity of over-drafting certain positions.

In that vein, the New York Jets are working out a host of free agent defensive linemen.

Gang Green is working out former Bears pass rusher Lamarr Houston and ex-Patriots defensive tackle Chris Jones, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport adds the Jets are hosting ex-Rams defensive lineman Tyrunn Walker and former Browns defensive lineman Lavar Edwards. New York also recently brought in former Chiefsdefensive tackle Jaye Howard, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo further supplied.

Clearly the Jets are attempting to find some veteran help in the front seven after jettisoning both Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson in the last eight months.

We'll let you know if one of our NFL Network reporters hear of any of these players getting signed in New York. The first reporter to get the scoop receivers a gold star. Stay tuned.

I always liked Chris Jones. He had 9 sacks in his 2 years with the Pats plus he's only 27. Lost track of him after he left the Pats.

9 hours ago, jamesr said:

I guess Hankins is not on the radar anymore, based on the above.

Doesn't sound like it. Probably came down to the $$. Always does. After the draft teams will start releasing some players too so maybe a decent one will become available.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Had to rent a tux recently. A Super hot young lady measured me for it. 

Not good ?

lol   I've had some of my clothes actually shrink over the winter ! And someone messed with the straps on my main back pack and made it tighter ! 

Archived