Third overall pick is...

j4jets

With the third overall pick, Jets select....  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Jets select with the third overall pick?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2018 at 12:59 AM

Josh Rosen is best pure passer in draft,.  If not for injuries and attitude he would be signed with Cleveland already.   jets will make big mistake if they pass on him for Baker.   I can live with Baker over Allen.    Not over Rosen!!!!    Rosen will end up with Denver or Buffalo and have pro bowl carrer. Trust me. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The hat alone isn’t. But it could mean he too will kneel after he is drafted. Nobody is kneeling in college before they get drafted.. They know they could lose $$$ by dropping in draft. Our owner does work for the President, I can see woody not wanting the drama if the media baits Rosen to speak out against the president on a regular basis. Rosen does seem to be a “ I will do and say what I want “ type of player. I personally like that. 

Everyone says Rosen is too smart or independent, and they worry that he's gonna tug on Woody's cape?  LOL.

Rosen is a millennial is all...I have a son like that :)

39 minutes ago, Jamax99 said:

Josh Rosen is best pure passer in draft,.  If not for injuries and attitude he would be signed with Cleveland already.   jets will make big mistake if they pass on him for Baker.   I can live with Baker over Allen.    Not over Rosen!!!!    Rosen will end up with Denver or Buffalo and have pro bowl carrer. Trust me. 

Rosen will do well on a offense first team with a HC/gm dedicated to having a great Oline to protect a very injury prone pure pocket passer. Not not the jets under the current regime. D’s are going to be coming hard at Rosen. He can’t escspe collapsed pocket well, that is about his only weakness. You don’t let a good pocket passer like Rosen sit back for 6 seconds in a nice protected pocket. They are going to come at him hard. The only thing protecting him from more concussions, injuries is a Strong Oline. He will retire early if Mac/Bowles are still around in few years. Why I don’t see Mac picking him, obviously Johnsons will keep Rosen happy over keeping Bowles/mac here.  

3. New York Jets—Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA 

Could be Baker Mayfield, easily. And there have been times in this process when I was sure it would be Mayfield. But I give the Jets the surest QB thing in this draft, as long as you can live with the specter of his two documented concussions and all the noise (which I consider total bullcrap) about Rosen’s life of other interests. The Jets need a player who can be suave, sophisticated and ready for Broadway, and this quarterback is as ready as any since Namath.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/23/mock-draft-prospects-trades-first-round-mmqb-peter-king

3 minutes ago, Young Jetty said:

The Jets were all in on Rosen after they saw his pro day. All the other chatter were just smokescreens to deter the Bills from trading up to number 2.

if i had to guess, i'd say mccagnan the classic scout is all in on rosen if darnold is gone (and maybe even if darnold is there).  i'd also guess that chris johnson favors mayfield for the marketing/buzz.  then you have bates, tough to figure out who he would prefer, probably rosen but who knows b/c mayfield offers better mobility and can throw on the run and would expand the playbook.

and then you have bowles who favors mccown, fitzpatrick and any other qb over 30.

12 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Not if the the Johnsons already signed off on it. I really can see woody having a issue with Rosen due to his F trump hat ?. Among other things. They may also agree Allen is too much of bust risk to take so early..

I can see them being fairly confident mayfield and also maybe darnold will be there at 3 but in that rare scenario maybe that is what Bowles was talking about “ looking at 6-7 guys “ ha

I think Allen is going to fall to the middle of the first, maybe the Bills at 12.

12 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Not if the the Johnsons already signed off on it. I really can see woody having a issue with Rosen due to his F trump hat ?. Among other things. They may also agree Allen is too much of bust risk to take so early..

I can see them being fairly confident mayfield and also maybe darnold will be there at 3 but in that rare scenario maybe that is what Bowles was talking about “ looking at 6-7 guys “ ha

WAIT, he wore  a F Trump hat? I'm all in, ROSEN.

17 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Man I would love to see Chubb paired with Leonard Williams but we can't pass on qb

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Chubb is a prototypical 4-3 end and I doubt he would be a good fit in the 3-4 where linemen just take on blockers to make lanes for the LB's. It would be a waste of his talent unless he can play OLB.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

and then you have bowles who favors mccown, fitzpatrick and any other qb over 30.

Which is why the Jets should have fired this guy last year. Under Bowles the Jets have wasted two draft picks on QB's who never developed. Petty looked like a world beater at Baylor, yet regressed badly from year two to year three. Too many OC changes will do that to a young QB and Bowles can't seem to settle on an OC.

24 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Which is why the Jets should have fired this guy last year. Under Bowles the Jets have wasted two draft picks on QB's who never developed. Petty looked like a world beater at Baylor, yet regressed badly from year two to year three. Too many OC changes will do that to a young QB and Bowles can't seem to settle on an OC.

That’s because Bowles is an idiot when it comes to offense. Everybody in the league knows that, why Morton kept ignoring him. I think if Bates is going to actually listen to Bowles the offense will stink. Bowles and whole staff will be fired. If Bates goes against Bowles and he tries to fire him, Bowles will be fired too.. No way will Johnsons allow Bowles to have 5 OCs in 6 years.

13 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Again with the F Trump hat?  LMAO.

Any football team not drafting a potential player based on a difference of political opinion, is insane.

And Woody ain't that concerned about a young kid with a hat...it ain't like he was disrespecting a nation with a kneel for the anthem etc.  I'm sure there are not an insignificant number of NY Jets that don't care for Trump.

It ain't an issue.

It’s a liberal state of course not lol. Woody’s position is businesss just like finding a QB who can win is business. 

I’m the farthest thing from a liberal and I could care less myself. Keep my politics away from my sports. If Rosen can win then I want him.

That’s because Bowles is an idiot when it comes to offense. Everybody in the league knows that, why Morton kept ignoring him. I think if Bates is going to actually listen to Bowles the offense will stink. Bowles and whole staff will be fired. If Bates goes against Bowles and he tries to fire him, Bowles will be fired too.. No way will Johnsons allow Bowles to have 5 OCs in 6 years.
Not defending Bowles overly much, but I think he gets overly criticised here. Before the draft last year he had a lot of enthusiasm for Deshaun Watson, what he could do for an offense etc. He's not oblivious to the offensive side of the ball as is often portrayed.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jamesr said:

Not defending Bowles overly much, but I think he gets overly criticised here. Before the draft last year he had a lot of enthusiasm for Deshaun Watson, what he could do for an offense etc. He's not oblivious to the offensive side of the ball as is often portrayed.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

He was in awe of Christian hackenberg too.. He is like rex in many ways. Rex was all D but also knew you need a good qb to win. But Bowles is also like Rex where would say “ ok go get your qb then leave all the other premium picks for my defense.” Rex like Todd, never wanted His gm to use premium picks on offense besides qb. Mac is like MT in that he often goes along with his HC’s requests.

He was in awe of Christian hackenberg too.. He is like rex in many ways. Rex was all D but also knew you need a good qb to win. But Bowles is also like Rex where would say “ ok go get your qb then leave all the other premium picks for my defense.” Rex like Todd, never wanted His gm to use premium picks on offense besides qb. Mac is like MT in that he often goes along with his HC’s requests.
Who knows what any of these guys are ever thinking it is not like the team will draft someone and then the head coach is going to come out and say idk why we took that guy I thought he was going to be terrible. Even if they hate the pick they are going to tell everyone that guy was their first choice and they can't believe he fell into their laps

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, BleedGreen92 said:

I don’t say this lightly but if we pass on Rosen for Baker and we watch him go to Denver or worse yet the Jills to shove up our asses for the next 15 years it might be the final straw for me dealing with the misery of rooting for this franchise 

You'll be right back here with the rest of us in 3-4 years debating what QB to take. 

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

You'll be right back here with the rest of us in 3-4 years debating what QB to take. 

You know I’m not really sure. Years ago I would have said I would always love the jets and football but the game has become so watered down and the players so politicized  I’m not really sure anymore 

6 minutes ago, BleedGreen92 said:

You know I’m not really sure. Years ago I would have said I would always love the jets and football but the game has become so watered down and the players so politicized  I’m not really sure anymore 

Yeah, nothing takes the joy out of watching a touchdown pass more than knowing the QB or WR doesn't agree with my politics.

Archived