Underlying variable to Rosen vs Mayfield

Be_a_Jet

I’m going to be as general and neutral as I can be on this subject because this obviously gets people all up in arms. This is just an observation   

There is a palpable variable when I talk to people who like Rosen vs those who like Mayfield.  That variable is politics. Like actual politics. 

My question is have you guys felt it too either on this board or in personal conversations?

I’ve found those who like Mayfield and dislike Rosen identify as Republican and point to Rosen’s “soft” nature and opinionated personality as something they don’t want around the Jets organization.  

Ive also found those who like Rosen to identify as more liberal, not really concerned with potential consequences of his opinionated nature. I’ve also noted these same people less moved by Mayfields “chip on his shoulder” compared the republican supporters. 

Im not saying if you like Mayfield or if you like Rosen you fit into this category. I’m just saying I’ve noticed it shine through in the conversations I’ve had 

7 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

I’m going to be as general and neutral as I can be on this subject because this obviously gets people all up in arms. This is just an observation   

There is a palpable variable when I talk to people who like Rosen vs those who like Mayfield.  That variable is politics. Like actual politics. 

My question is have you guys felt it too either on this board or in personal conversations?

I’ve found those who like Mayfield and dislike Rosen identify as Republican and point to Rosen’s “soft” nature and opinionated personality as something they don’t want around the Jets organization.  

Ive also found those who like Rosen to identify as more liberal, not really concerned with potential consequences of his opinionated nature. I’ve also noted these same people less moved by Mayfields “chip on his shoulder” compared the republican supporters. 

Im not saying if you like Mayfield or if you like Rosen you fit into this category. I’m just saying I’ve noticed it shine through in the conversations I’ve had 

Honestly, I've suspected the same thing, but it is hard to prove. 

I like both of these 2, I prefer Rosen because taller, played under center, has solid mechanics and footwork in the pocket, and is smart from all accounts - really smart. 

Those are the only reasons. I don't care about his political views and I would say I am not a liberal. 

I’m a Trump supporter and I don’t give a flying rats assh0le about Rosen’s political beliefs.

I care about whether the guy can stay healthy and if he’s truly 100% committed.

Because there’s really no questioning his ability. He’s one of the most polished QB’s to come out in recent memory. As long as he isn’t constantly trying to shove his politics down everyone’s throats then it’s not an issue to me. Just shut up and play ball.

I'm fairly left in UK political terms (or very far left in US political terms. Many of you guys would probably view me as a communist....which I am most defintely not).

Anyway, I prefer Mayfield over Rosen for a whole host of reasons. None anything to do with politics. I couldn't care less about their politics.

What matters is on field ability, production and pro projection. For all those reasons, I go Mayfield over Rosen.

I can be classified as a "moderate" who leans to the right on most issues. That being said, I don't care about the player's politics. Rosen and Mayfield were the 2 QBs who made me say "wow" the most last season. Because of his height and more experience doing "pro" things, I'd prefer Rosen.

8 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m as conservative as they come politically and hate the idea of drafting Mayfield.  No issue at all with Rosen’s political beliefs, besides it’s not like he is out there every day pushing some wacky leftist agenda.  

Aaron Rodgers is also a big liberal I don’t think any Green Bay fans care 

9 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m as conservative as they come politically and hate the idea of drafting Mayfield.  No issue at all with Rosen’s political beliefs, besides it’s not like he is out there every day pushing some wacky leftist agenda.  

1 hour ago, BleedGreen92 said:

Aaron Rodgers is also a big liberal I don’t think any Green Bay fans care 

Very good points. But there’s no doubt there are people out there that are objective like yourselves. 

Also, I don’t really mean that people don’t like Rosen because of his political views necessarily, just that they don’t like him because he doesn’t have that toughness and brovado that Mayfield exudes. The external attributes that gave Trump appeal to many. This is why I say there is an undertone or underlying variable conscious or not that is palpable for SOME people.

Flip side could be said for Mayfield - usually those who say Mayfield is Manziel 2.0 which I feel he is clearly not.

@maury77 agrees with me so at least I know I’m not crazy lol. 

I don’t think this line of thinking will come into play within the organization at all I’m just saying amongst the fans I noted it. 

Personally, I think both will be starters in the NFL. I think Rosen has greatest likelihood of being the best in this class barring injury. Rosen can be next Aaron Rodgers if he stays healthy - I don’t question his commitment personally. 

On 4/23/2018 at 11:26 PM, Be_a_Jet said:

I’m going to be as general and neutral as I can be on this subject because this obviously gets people all up in arms.

Who the hell do you think you are telling us we get "ALL UP IN ARMS".  How DARE you sir.  How dare you!

You toss around terms like "general" and "neutral" and "this" and then expect people to take these veritable SLAPS IN THE FACES OF OUR FACES without offense?

I reiterate good sir, HOW DARE YOU.

What were we talking about again?

Archived