Chris Warren III (OT)

The Crusher

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, freestater said:

That is so cool, man. He's got to have the right kinda work ethic to get signed to a udfa deal this quick. Love it, man. Are we playing them this year? 

No. Thankfully. My son and I will need at least a state or two of seperation for that one. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/7/2018 at 5:17 PM, The Crusher said:

He played here at Robinsin and then at UVA. I think the oldman went to the Pro Bowl with Seattle.

His old man was Chris Warren? He was a flat out baller for a few years in Seattle.  Damn, apple doesnt fall far, huh?

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Little update for anyone who followed my earlier post. Chris is working hard and may have a shot as the number 3 back in Oakland.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/raiders/article/Undrafted-RB-Chris-Warren-III-hopes-to-be-a-hit-13139239.php

Nice, especially the conversation he had with Marshawn Lynch.  The kid has a chance I think.....classic case of a guy who ran a little slower on the clock or didn't have a great numbers but shows up when the pads are on.  I'd guess at a minimum he's a practice squad guy but who knows, maybe he grabs the #3 spot.  In competition with Doug Martin for backup role.....interesting.

Keep us updated!

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

His old man was Chris Warren? He was a flat out baller for a few years in Seattle.  Damn, apple doesnt fall far, huh?

Yes. Guy was a legend here. Played at Robinson High school and then at UVA.  If he stays healthy Chris is going to be a hell of a player., Raiders got a steal in my onion.

28 minutes ago, freestater said:

That's awesome, Crusher. His game will be on NFLN right after ours on Friday, right?

Think so. Hopefully. Baby Crusher is dying to see him show his skill. They been best buddies since elementary school before Chris moved to Texas.

On 4/25/2018 at 8:28 PM, The Crusher said:

Thanks brother. Big powerful  dude and strong on character. Just don’t stand next to him, made me look like a garden gnome. 

I don’t think you look like a gnome in the least.

D978A8C7-5B26-48E1-A20D-37A4D2DD48E0.gif

2 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Here is Chris Warren versus Jarad Davis yesterday joint practice with lions.   ( imagine if that was D Lee coming up to tackle him.    

holy sh*t!!!!  Davis aint no joke too.  He's a great player. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

holy sh*t!!!!  Davis aint no joke too.  He's a great player. 

Did that at Texas too. Just got hurt then a new coach showed up and made him a tight end. If the kid stays healthy he is gonna be one to watch. Plus he is a mellow intelligent kid that is as nice a kid as he is talented.

8 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. Guy was a legend here. Played at Robinson High school and then at UVA.  If he stays healthy Chris is going to be a hell of a player., Raiders got a steal in my onion.

What does a steal in your onion look like? 

Chris Warren has a chance to be the Raiders  short yardage back.    (Gruden version of  Zack Crockett ).  Look for Warren to get the call whenever it's short yardage . Who cares the defense knows it coming.  Fb Keith Sims leading the way for Warren , running behind a very big physical offense line.

17 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

Chris Warren was one my favorite NFL players when he was running for the Seahawks.. seems like a good kid - glad to see he's doing well (even though it's the raiders.. good luck in the vegas heat..) 

Young Chris played his high school and college ball in Texas so shouldn't be too new to him.

• 2 weeks later...

@The Crusher

Chris Warren rushed 18 times for 110 yards and a touchdown in the Raiders' second preseason game.

Warren started with Oakland resting Marshawn Lynch and Doug Martin. He played the entire game, with Jalen Richard mixing in. An undrafted free agent, Warren doesn't have much of a chance to make a stacked Raiders' backfield but put some good tape out for teams. Oakland may try to sneak Warren on their practice squad.

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@The Crusher

Chris Warren rushed 18 times for 110 yards and a touchdown in the Raiders' second preseason game.

Warren started with Oakland resting Marshawn Lynch and Doug Martin. He played the entire game, with Jalen Richard mixing in. An undrafted free agent, Warren doesn't have much of a chance to make a stacked Raiders' backfield but put some good tape out for teams. Oakland may try to sneak Warren on their practice squad.

Given our situation at RB, I would love to see him on their PS.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

@The Crusher

@Macc

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

@The Crusher

On 8/11/2018 at 12:36 AM, Dcat said:

He just muscled his way to a 1st down.  Looked like Mark Ingram.

sucks that he is a raider. 

Well , truth is...... 

Archived