### The Official Round One - 2018 NFL Draft Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jetstream23 said:

Crazy. Jets fans are now considering Darnold a consolation prize if we don’t get Rosen or Mayfield. Man, how far we’ve come in 4 months. 

Most fans here considered Darnold a goner so they re-directed their attention to choosing between Rosen/Mayfield and picked their horses. They've spent months arguing that one is better than the other and more than wanting the Jets to pick the best player, they want the Jets to pick THEIR guy. So the Rosen crew still wants Rosen over Darnold and the same with the Mayfield crew. 

We also have the large group of Jets fans that won't even consider Allen because they remind them of Hack. 

This forum doesn't need moderators, it needs a team of Psychiatrists. 

5 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

My second son decided to arrive a month early yesterday (hence why I'm up at this time). I can only take this as a sign from above that he wanted to be alive when the Jets finally draft their Franchise QB. He's doing incredibly well considering only 35 weeks when born. This has to be a good omen for tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Congratulations, Freak!  hope you're going to be able to watch the draft ...

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Crazy. Jets fans are now considering Darnold a consolation prize if we don’t get Rosen or Mayfield. Man, how far we’ve come in 4 months. 

I've fallen so hard for Rosen that taking Darnold will make me feel a little down. Crazy. But I won't hate it.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

I've fallen so hard for Rosen that taking Darnold will make me feel a little down. Crazy. But I won't hate it.

this is one of those drafts where a few years from now we will all be revisiting these threads, thanking mccagnan he took rosen instead of allen and mayfield.  that said, i can't see the browns taking mayfield first, over both darnold and rosen.  that's called overthinking things.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

this is one of those drafts where a few years from now we will all be revisiting these threads, thanking mccagnan he took rosen instead of allen and mayfield.  that said, i can't see the browns taking mayfield first, over both darnold and rosen.  that's called overthinking things.

It's not overthinking. They're all good with flaws. It's matter of who they feel comfortable with. Allen at 1 is overthinking. 

Still want Mayfield, would happily settle for Darnold, have a feeling we get Rosen, will go nuts if we pick Allen.

Mayfield to the Browns at 1, Giants pick Darnold (or trade the pick to a team who picks Darnold) at 2, broken hearted Jets (who had those two guys at the top of their board) go for Rosen at 3.

19 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Still want Mayfield, would happily settle for Darnold, have a feeling we get Rosen, will go nuts if we pick Allen.

Mayfield to the Browns at 1, Giants pick Darnold (or trade the pick to a team who picks Darnold) at 2, broken hearted Jets (who had those two guys at the top of their board) go for Rosen at 3.

And that would be my dream scenario.  Rosen has his risks, but I still think he is the best pocket passer in the draft.

4 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I'm really beginning to feel that the Browns are taking Mayfield.  And I do think he was the Jets' target at 3.

Would take Darnold as a consolation prize.  Never suspected I would be saying that on the day of the draft.

Rumor on Sirius this morning was that the Mayfield to Browns rumor was a ploy by Dorsey to fleece the Jets.  Nice to see Mac so well-respected.  

Mac-please don’t fall for it   

What's the over/under on the number of minutes from when the pick is announced until the jerseys are on sale on the website.

I'm guessing 3 minutes?

And yes...if it's Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield....I'll be buying one right away.

6 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

My second son decided to arrive a month early yesterday (hence why I'm up at this time). I can only take this as a sign from above that he wanted to be alive when the Jets finally draft their Franchise QB. He's doing incredibly well considering only 35 weeks when born. This has to be a good omen for tonight!

Congratulations!! You naming him Josh or Baker? 

6 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

I hope you're waiting until tonight to decide on a name, and suddenly I'm hoping Minkah Fitzpatrick is back in play at #3

here's my not so pretty attempt at the top of half of 1--

• CLE - QB Darnold 
  • NYG - RB Barkley
  • NYJ - QB Rosen.... media likes Mayfield here, but our insiders told us Macc loved Rosen. We haven't been given a tangible reason to think that's changed.
  • BUF - *Trade* QB Mayfield... they move up for the man to rally the mafia
  • DEN - DE Chubb
  • IND - LB R. Smith
  • BAL - *Trade* QB Josh Allen.... Surprise here  
  • CHI  - OG Nelson
  • GB - *Trade* M. Fitzpatrick 
  • ARZ - *Trade* D. James
  • MIA - QB L. Jackson.... Another surprise
  • CLE - CB D. Ward
  • WSH - DT Vita Vea
  • SF -CB  J. Jackson
  • OAK - LB T. Edmunds
  • TB - DT D. Payne

Re: Allen Tweets:

According to Schefter, the tweets were found back in January and deleted from his account back then, so there is no question that someone found them, saved them and has only released them now to make him fall in the draft.

Also - Schefter says he's hearing that it probably won't affect his draft stock like it did with Tunsil.

Steven A. Smith said he talked to Allen at 2:00 a.m., he was extremely remorseful and apologetic.  Seems like SAS accepted the apology and is not holding it over Allen's head.

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Browns take Mayfield, Giants will take Darnold, Jets will take Rosen

Browns take Allen, Giants take Darnold, Jets take Mayfield

Browns take Darnold, Giants take Barkley, Jets take Mayfield

Browns take Rosen, Giants take Darnold, Jets take Mayfield

I'm comfortable with Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen.  But I'd really like to see them go 1,2,3 in any order.  The thought of the Bills trading up and picking the one we don't, scares the crap out of me.  I'd rather leave them with Allen.  Yes, I'm a paranoid SOB...

Just now, baamf said:

I'm comfortable with Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen.  But I'd really like to see them go 1,2,3.  The thought of the Bills trading up and picking the one we don't, scares the crap out of me.  I'd rather leave them with Allen.  Yes, I'm a paranoid SOB...

Well in my scenarios, the only place where the Bills would possibly trade up is if Darnold goes to Cleveland

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well in my scenarios, the only place where the Bills would possibly trade up is if Darnold goes to Cleveland

Got it.  The key for me is for the Giants to stay put and take a QB...

All I'm looking for in this draft is a QB and then some sort of OL help before round 5... That's all... 

We can all discuss and debate and yell at each other until the cows come home about which QB they should have taken, and what other position they should have focused on... But I will be content if they get someone new under center and some protection in front of him... That's a good start.

Archived