### The Official Round One - 2018 NFL Draft Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

If a Giants source is saying "we have a ton of needs".....there's no way they take a QB if they stay. Really hope they don't trade out, especially to the Bills or Miami. 

They can't trade out of 2 to move to 11 or 12. The drop off from Nelson, Barkley or Chubb to anybody down there is too big. 

28 minutes ago, varjet said:

I can't see the Bills allowing the Jets to get Darnold.  

The Bills pick 12, not 2, and there is no reason to believe the Giants are looking to trade that far down in the draft.   

If you think the Jets overpaid to go from 6 to 3, just wait until we see what the Giants demand from the Bills to go from 12 to 2. The Bills would have to give up a ton to go from 12 to 5/6, Then give up the equivalent of 3 2nd round picks (actually more) to go from 5/6 to 2. Bills would get Darnold but would have no draft picks for the next 2 years. 

I've been pissing and moaning all along that we spent so much to move up.  Now that it's approaching I gotta admit that being at 3 is starting to feel pretty good. 

Rockhound : You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?

5 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I've been pissing and moaning all along that we spent so much to move up.  Now that it's approaching I gotta admit that being at 3 is starting to feel pretty good. 

Rockhound : You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?

Totally agree with you. Only thing that bums me out is we had the ammo to get there on our own(Petty&Hack) without having to give up three picks. But, onward and upward! :cool:

Frank Ragnow - C -  Player

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports the Patriots have been "all over" Arkansas G/C Frank Ragnow.

The Patriots have a bigger need at tackle than on the interior, but perhaps they believe Ragnow would be too good to pass up at No. 23. Ragnow seems all but certain to hear his name called on Thursday evening.
Related: Patriots

Apr 26 - 2:01 PM

Josh Rosen - QB -  Player

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Saints "have made plenty of calls about making a big leap up from pick No. 27."

Presumably, New Orleans would only make the move if a quarterback they covet falls. They were linked heavily to Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield early in the process, but he may end up being the No. 1 overall pick and looks certain to come off the board in the top-ten. UCLA's Josh Rosen could end up slipping, however, and would be a good fit in New Orleans. 39-year-old Drew Brees is under contract through 2019.
Related: Saints

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Astute Asset Management AND Timing. 

3 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Frank Ragnow - C -  Player

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports the Patriots have been "all over" Arkansas G/C Frank Ragnow.

The Patriots have a bigger need at tackle than on the interior, but perhaps they believe Ragnow would be too good to pass up at No. 23. Ragnow seems all but certain to hear his name called on Thursday evening.
Related: Patriots

Apr 26 - 2:01 PM

Josh Rosen - QB -  Player

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Saints "have made plenty of calls about making a big leap up from pick No. 27."

Presumably, New Orleans would only make the move if a quarterback they covet falls. They were linked heavily to Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield early in the process, but he may end up being the No. 1 overall pick and looks certain to come off the board in the top-ten. UCLA's Josh Rosen could end up slipping, however, and would be a good fit in New Orleans. 39-year-old Drew Brees is under contract through 2019.
Related: Saints

Rosen will be ours barring a crazy trade up so not concerned with Saints.

Ragnow is someone I love as a prospect and would hate to see him in a Patriot uniform.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ragnow is someone I love as a prospect and would hate to see him in a Patriot uniform.

rosen is the guy everyone wants but nobody wants to say it.  mayfield is the guy some want and some say it.  allen is the guy very few want and the bills will get desperate and trade up.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

rosen is the guy everyone wants but nobody wants to say it.  mayfield is the guy some want and some say it.  allen is the guy very few want and the bills will get desperate and trade up.

I'll say it.  "I WANT ROSEN"

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Agreed, I guess he's not dropping to us in round 4 like I hoped lol

Archived