Who is the one QB no one has the Jets picking?

Jet Blast

6 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

Josh Allen.

I haven't heard a peep about this possibility. Mike Maccagnan has played his cards pretty close to his vest in previous drafts, often making unexpected picks. Just saying...

If the Jets have a choice of THREE QB's and Allen is the pick, this place will mushroom cloud.

Please no. Just no. I might have to take a break from the NFL if this happens. The past eight years have been so miserable, and now finally with the chance to draft a franchise QB, for us to take someone who hasn’t hit 60% completions since middle school......

It would be a new low.

10 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Mac knows better than to draft another project...I hope. I suspect he will take darnold if he is there and Rosen if not if both are gone Mayfield

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

How do you know he’s learned? This is a guy who for three straight drafts used first round picks on non-premium positions. Three years into his tenure, the team is still well below average at nearly every position. Why do we think he starts to get it right in year four?

Not to mention, his QB evaluations have been terrible going back to his Houston days.

How do you know he’s learned? This is a guy who for three straight drafts used first round picks on non-premium positions. Three years into his tenure, the team is still well below average at nearly every position. Why do we think he starts to get it right in year four?
He had the balls to draft Leonard Williams when we had wilk and Richardson over Kevin white who most were screaming for. He drafted Adams and maye back to back safeties last year. He believes in his draft board and sticks to it regardless of what people think. Imo we have a lot more talent than people give us credit for. We have decent depth and we have not had any serious issues with cap space. Mac has done a pretty decent job I think

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

33 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

Josh Allen.

I haven't heard a peep about this possibility. Mike Maccagnan has played his cards pretty close to his vest in previous drafts, often making unexpected picks. Just saying...

No, he has not.

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, he has not.

Has not what? Played his cards pretty close to his vest? Made unexpected picks? Or both?

I think the Jets are buttoned up tighter then they were during the last few management teams. As for unexpected picks, I suppose that's in the eyes of the beholder.

1 hour ago, Jet Blast said:

Josh Allen.

nah. Lamar Jackson is you wanna run with that narrative

Josh Allen isn't my favorite, but that whole twitter thing kind of annoys me.  Doesn't seem like a bad kid; having to deal with that stupidity on one of the biggest days of your life seems unfair.  Especially because it probably came from some agent or vindictive a-hole...

1 minute ago, baamf said:

Josh Allen isn't my favorite, but that whole twitter thing kind of annoys me.  Doesn't seem like a bad kid; having to deal with that stupidity on one of the biggest days of your life seems unfair.  Especially because it probably came from some agent or vindictive a-hole...

and then have to grovel for forgiveness for nothing. unless I am missing something, I didn't see anything wrong with his tweets. especially him being a young teenager. this world can be a sick and twisted place

2 minutes ago, baamf said:

There is a theory that it originated from an unnamed team, hoping he would drop to them. Interesting.

6 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Might be because he already wasted a second round pick on a poor mans Josh Allen. If he wasted 2 more it's a quick way to get a pink slip

Don’t matter what qb he picks #3 if it’s a bust he’s getting pink slip. So who ever Mac thinks is his qb you got to respect that. He has his job and his staff jobs on the line. So if he believes who he picks is the one got to roll with it. I just hope it’s allen but what do I know I’m only a fan. 

18 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

Has not what? Played his cards pretty close to his vest? Made unexpected picks? Or both?

I think the Jets are buttoned up tighter then they were during the last few management teams. As for unexpected picks, I suppose that's in the eyes of the beholder.

Being more buttoned up than Rex era doesn’t mean they are airtight. We’re not where we should be, but better than back then.

Josh Allen.

No and I will tell you why.

1. The Jets are a reactive franchise. Those tweets will not sit well in this city, and the Johnsons know that.

2. Matt Miller reported that Some Jets coaches were trying to push for Allen. That means that Allen was behind to begin with. 

Josh Allen.

Not really.

For instance, there were rumors for weeks that we really liked Hackenberg. 

Archived