WE GOT THE STEAL OF THE DRAFT.

predator_05

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP - I couldn't agree with you more.  I am thrilled with this pick.  This is the type of thing that never happens to the Jets.  Now we have to be patient with him (he's only 20 years old) and get him some OL and weapons.   I think this franchise might have turned the corner.  Again though, we have to be patient for a little while longer.  But we've FINALLY got the guy.

22 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

The Rosen and Mayfield fanclubs are bitter. I prefered rosen. Darnold scares me but he is our guy now so I will support him for now

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

not across the board..I wanted mayfield or rosen but Darnold is NOT Allen...so I have no reason to protest and I can finally unhook that bomb from underneath Mac's car. I didnt want Darnold but I can live with it and pray I am wrong. 

Just now, jetspenguin said:

not across the board..I wanted mayfield or rosen but Darnold is NOT Allen...so I have no reason to protest and I can finally unhook that bomb from underneath Mac's car. I didnt want Darnold but I can live with it and pray I am wrong. 

My personal survival mechanism for continuing to be a fan is to map out the worst case scenario and being pleased if the Jets don't do it. 

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

WTF? These clowns are actually unhappy that we got Sam Darnold? If they're not trolls, they should see their psychiatrist as soon as possible because their antidepressants aren't working. Geezus.

He is a turnover machine. Do you not watch college football? he has like 30+ turnovers in the last 2 years

40 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Yea we got Sanchez 2.0.. YAY! He's a turnover machine, forget all his picks, 9 effin fumbles last season, doesnt know when to throw the ball away, takes a ton of unnecessary sacks, and cant protect the ball when taking those sacks. Remind you of someone? USC QBs are cursed like the Browns. I really wanted either Rosen or Mayfield - i really can't believe they dropped the ball there. Rosen was clearly the most NFL ready. Hopefully a miracle happens and he is the next Dan Marino, but i don't think so.... here's to hoping Bridgewater can return back to his old self 

So you’re saying we picked a hybrid of Sanchez n Geno? This place would explode if that’s true. I’m holding back my expectations. I wanted Rosen all along and now I’m badly hoping I was wrong. I also hope Allen turns out to be a massive bust like most predict. 

3 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I can dig the opinion, but who would you rather have had? You were pretty sour on Rosen like a day ago. 

True, I was sour on Darnold from day 1. Honestly had gotten happy with the hobbit but Rosen was still #2 and I believe he's clearly the best, most pro ready player. My concerns were 100% about durability

Also,  Denver passing on Rosen opened up the Rosen + 3 #2's  vs Darnold concept which will just be the salt in the wound in Rosen works out and Darnold does it.

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

WTF? These clowns are actually unhappy that we got Sam Darnold? If they're not trolls, they should see their psychiatrist as soon as possible because their antidepressants aren't working. Geezus.

I feel like being unhappy is okay to a point... Some people are disappointed because they wanted another guy... So it's okay to disagree and be sad they didn't get "their" guy... 

But some people are straight up throwing temper tantrums about it... THAT is silly. I honestly picture a child stomping their feet and pouting sometimes around here.

But either way, I'm excited! Lets go Sam! 

Just now, j4jets said:

So you’re saying we picked a hybrid of Sanchez n Geno? This place would explode if that’s true. I’m holding back my expectations. I wanted Rosen all along and now I’m badly hoping I was wrong. I also hope Allen turns out to be a massive bust like most predict. 

My top 5 guys 

1. Rosen

2. Mayfield

3. Lamar Jackson

4. Josh Allen

5. Sam Darnold 

I really didnt think much of Darnold. Anyone with as much turnovers as him, and what analysts have called "bad habits" that need to be coached (by a staff that has proven it cant develop QBS), i cringed with the pick. Rosen was most NFL ready QB in the draft. I hope I'm wrong. Of course ill root my ass off for Darnold. I just don't see it. I watch college ball religiously. I been scouting these QBs for past 3 months. Rosen was the pick, and i feel like they blew it. 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

True, I was sour on Darnold from day 1. Honestly had gotten happy with the hobbit but Rosen was still #2 and I believe he's clearly the best, most pro ready player. My concerns were 100% about durability

Also,  Denver passing on Rosen opened up the Rosen + 3 #2's  vs Darnold concept which will just be the salt in the wound in Rosen works out and Darnold does it.

Go ram your head into the hood of your Audi you hippie freak.  There was a grassroots movement to suck for sam who has been the consensus #1 pick for over a year and we got him.  There's literally nothing to be upset about with this pick.  At all.

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

OP - I couldn't agree with you more.  I am thrilled with this pick.  This is the type of thing that never happens to the Jets.  Now we have to be patient with him (he's only 20 years old) and get him some OL and weapons.   I think this franchise might have turned the corner.  Again though, we have to be patient for a little while longer.  But we've FINALLY got the guy.

If you get a chance, listen to last weeks podcast; believe it or not we already have some pretty nice weapons.   Regardless of what some would have you believe, the combination of Anderson, Pryor, Kearse and Enunwa will give him plenty of options (not to mention our second year receivers Hansen and Stewart.  Hansen looked good in limited action).  Add Powell and Mcquire out of the backfield and hopefully Leggetts steps up.   Pluse our running game with the new additions should at least be serviceable.  That is not exactly copied liver for a young quarterback like Darnold.  

50 minutes ago, aec4 said:

Could have had him at 6 with all our 2nd rounders too.  

Hes not going to work here.  If we were going to pay all that we should have moved to 1 got mayfield.  

Your crazy. Lol   Thank god mayfield went to Cleveland.  

2 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

He is a turnover machine. Do you not watch college football? he has like 30+ turnovers in the last 2 years

? 22. and 56 TDs.

He gets the ball out quickly. Excellent adjusted passer rating of 70, and that number goes up to an outstanding 90 on passes over 20 yards. He also throws fewer picks on longer range throws.

He lost his best receiver - juju smith schuster - and still played at a high level.

He's good.

trust me.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Go ram your head into the hood of your Audi you hippie freak.  There was a grassroots movement to suck for sam who has been the consensus #1 pick for over a year and we got him.  There's literally nothing to be upset about with this pick.  At all.

That was before the sh*t 2017 season he had lmao - did you not watch college football this past season? 13 picks, 9 fumbles. That's just unacceptable - and that's on the college level. That doesn't scare you at all? 

2 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

? 22. and 56 TDs.

He gets the ball out quickly. Excellent adjusted passer rating of 70, and that number goes up to an outstanding 90 on passes over 20 yards. He also throws fewer picks on longer range throws.

He lost his best receiver - juju smith schuster - and still played at a high level.

He's good.

trust me.

So how long before either i eat my words or you eat your words? lol - how long do we give him to be our savior?

4 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

If you get a chance, listen to last weeks podcast; believe it or not we already have some pretty nice weapons.   Regardless of what some would have you believe, the combination of Anderson, Pryor, Kearse and Enunwa will give him plenty of options (not to mention our second year receivers Hansen and Stewart.  Hansen looked good in limited action).  Add Powell and Mcquire out of the backfield and hopefully Leggetts steps up.   Pluse our running game with the new additions should at least be serviceable.  That is not exactly copied liver for a young quarterback like Darnold.  

I hear you.  Let's draft some good OL then!

3 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

? 22. and 56 TDs.

He's good.

trust me.

Also turnovers = INTS + Fumbles, he led college football the last 2 seasons 

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

STEAL. of the DRAFT. STEAL.

This is the guy that should have gone 1.01.

He's the only franchise QB in this class.

And we got him.

WE ******* GOT HIM!!!!

One of the best days i've had as a jets fan.

giphy.gif&f=1

can't take you serious with that avatar.

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Well the fact that you like it and are a terrible judge of QBs is reason enough

Archived