WE GOT THE STEAL OF THE DRAFT.

predator_05

38 minutes ago, CTM said:

True, I was sour on Darnold from day 1. Honestly had gotten happy with the hobbit but Rosen was still #2 and I believe he's clearly the best, most pro ready player. My concerns were 100% about durability

Also,  Denver passing on Rosen opened up the Rosen + 3 #2's  vs Darnold concept which will just be the salt in the wound in Rosen works out and Darnold does it.

Rosen was my top preference as well. He just processed info and made good quick decisions with accuracy and enough arm strength to get by. Think on the field he's easier to project into an nfl offense immediately and has a lot of upside. 

Sam is i think a natural playmaker but carries more risk with his playstyle. I think it's going to be hard for him to lose the turnover bug and the starts is obviously a red flag. But I'm excited because he's got some natural gifts you can't teach. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SMC said:

Macc gambled and won.  All the QBs had red flags.  Macc chose the best of the lot. Frankly, I would've gone Rosen there, but I can't criticize him going Darnold.

I think Rosen is a better player and a better prospect, but the injuries are a major concern. It’s worth bearing in mind that one thing the Jets have generally done really well in recent years is medical evals. If our staff checked Rosen’s shoulder out and said no thanks, we can be reasonably confident there’s something really scary there.

22 minutes ago, Pac said:

the only people who think this wasn't a GREAT pick are a small group of self loathing Jet "fans" who spend their time in the dark, rocking themselves in the fetal position while listening to 9 Inch Nails.

I don't have a strong emotional attachment to this team anymore. But I've not been a fan of Darnold from the get go and have said it numerous times. You expect me to change my opinion because the Jets drafted him? How stupid is that?

I hope he works out and I get to see a SB at some point as I said, I hope I'm wrong.

Also, glad it's not Allen.

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

EBAFC8B0-9A1E-4041-A53F-E2B8FBB20749.gif

I didn’t love this class, but my record on QBs is even worse than yours; the only thing I’m sure of is that Josh Allen will be terrible. Darnold has warts like the others, but realtalk, I have no complaints and I’m excited to see what he can do.

giphy.gif

So you're dismissing his mobility, his size, his ability to throw to tight windows, to get the ball on target before the receiver gets there, his ability to make plays, his athleticism, and his competitiveness. EVERYBODY is aware of his ball security issues in the past year. Please don't pretend that this is news. We've spent the last three months nitpicking over every detail of these guys. Bottom line: simply the best overall QB prospect in this draft when looked at from all dimensions. He's the most complete package of the big four. And I like Rosen a lot, but Darnold is more gifted overall. Just never thought he would drop to us. We should be jumping for joy.

Yes because while all of that is great, if he does all I said, none of it will count for sh*t. Turnovers kill confidence which I’m not sure he has to begin with. He seems very jittery in the pocket, panics too quickly. He can be all these great things you say... throws for 300 yds 3 TDS, chokes with 3min to go and throws the game losing pick 6, fumbles the ball away, etc. Rosen is the baller, he has real confidence. I only really worry about his concussion thing, I’d rather worry about that than worry about watching a Mark Sanchez/Geno Smith hybrid - just all kinds of bad. Better hope those OL we signed pan out.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, SMC said:

Macc gambled and won.  All the QBs had red flags.  Macc chose the best of the lot. Frankly, I would've gone Rosen there, but I can't criticize him going Darnold.

This.  Wanted Rosen going into the draft, did not particularly want either Mayfield or Allen and honestly never thought Darnold would even be an option so sorta pushed him to the back of my mind.

Excited for Darnold on the NYJ!

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I think Rosen is a better player and a better prospect, but the injuries are a major concern. It’s worth bearing in mind that one thing the Jets have generally done really well in recent years is medical evals. If our staff checked Rosen’s shoulder out and said no thanks, we can be reasonably confident there’s something really scary there.

Completely agree with you. That's why I said Rosen was my pick, but health is an issue and that's why, overall, Darnold is the best.  He has to sit and develop. If Darnold doesn't work out it will be because of bad coaching.

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

EBAFC8B0-9A1E-4041-A53F-E2B8FBB20749.gif

I didn’t love this class, but my record on QBs is even worse than yours; the only thing I’m sure of is that Josh Allen will be terrible. Darnold has warts like the others, but realtalk, I have no complaints and I’m excited to see what he can do.

Should look at the Dan Orlovsky playertribune article on the qbs if you haven't. The section on josh allen is pretty hilarious. 

For the first time in like three years i'm actually interested in watching a Jets game so from an entertainment standpoint this is a win. 

1 minute ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Yes because while all of that is great, if he does all I said, none of it will count for sh*t. Turnovers kill confidence which I’m not sure he has to begin with. He seems very jittery in the pocket, panics too quickly. He can be all these great things you say... throws for 300 yds 3 TDS, chokes with 3min to go and throws the game losing pick 6, fumbles the ball away, etc. Rosen is the baller, he has real confidence. I only really worry about his concussion thing, I’d rather worry about that than worry about watching a Mark Sanchez/Geno Smith hybrid - just all kinds of bad. Better hope those OL we signed pan out.

I think you are overreacting. The turnovers were mostly because of the terrible oline and they are correctable. Kid is a winner and can make the plays

Just now, SMC said:

Completely agree with you. That's why I said Rosen was my pick, but health is an issue and that's why, overall, Darnold is the best.  He has to sit and develop. If Darnold doesn't work out it will be because of bad coaching.

Yeah. I think Rosen is a safer pick in that he’s significantly more polished, but a much riskier pick in terms of durability, and therefore a much riskier pick overall. Can’t blame them for going in this direction.

37 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

That was before the sh*t 2017 season he had lmao - did you not watch college football this past season? 13 picks, 9 fumbles. That's just unacceptable - and that's on the college level. That doesn't scare you at all? 

No. Pac analysis has the depth of an ashtray. Essentially  boils down to:

1) If the he Jets did it, it must be good.

2) Pointing out the overwhelming record of failure the team has makes you a hater.

Simple. shallow... Pac.

I think you are overreacting. The turnovers were mostly because of the terrible oline and they are correctable. Kid is a winner and can make the plays

You just made my point for me, how good is our OL? It’s average at best. I hope McCown proves to be a football God version of a mentor for this kid. Nothing scares me more than turnovers. I’m 32 years old, I been a jets fan since I was 7-8 years old, a lot of torture and I’ve seen it all as far as QBs go. I hope you’re right, I really really do, I’m starving for a super bowl like the rest of you. Turnovers are like AIDS, he has had A LOT of turnovers

Just now, BklynJetsFan85 said:

You just made my point for me, how good is our OL? It’s average at best. I hope McCown proves to be a football God version of a mentor for this kid. Nothing scares me more than turnovers. I’m 32 years old, I been a jets fan since I was 7-8 years old, a lot of torture and I’ve seen it all as far as QBs go. I hope you’re right, I really really do, I’m starving for a super bowl like the rest of you. Turnovers are like AIDS, he has had A LOT of turnovers

You can’t have a lot of AIDS, you either have it, or you dont

I didnt prove your point. Matt ryan had a sh*tload of turnovers too and he turned out fine. I understand he needs seasoning but shouldnt you be a tad happy that the consensus top pick fell in our laps?

13 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Rosen was my top preference as well. He just processed info and made good quick decisions with accuracy and enough arm strength to get by. Think on the field he's easier to project into an nfl offense immediately and has a lot of upside. 

Sam is i think a natural playmaker but carries more risk with his playstyle. I think it's going to be hard for him to lose the turnover bug and the starts is obviously a red flag. But I'm excited because he's got some natural gifts you can't teach. 

He reminds me of Favre, if he works out it can be great but he's probably going to be frustrating to watch at times. The methodical guys like Brady, Manning, seem to be perform more consistently

I didnt prove your point. Matt ryan had a sh*tload of turnovers too and he turned out fine. I understand he needs seasoning but shouldnt you be a tad happy that the consensus top pick fell in our laps?

My gut hasn’t failed me too much on past picks for us and other teams. The only guy I was really wrong on recently was Mariota.

Just now, CTM said:

He reminds me of Favre, if he works out it can be great but he's probably going to be frustrating to watch at times. The methodical guys like Brady, Manning, seem to be perform more consistently

Sam Darnold will be winning games and having us in the wildcard hunt while Baker Mayfield holds a clipboard for Tyrod 

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Yeah. I think Rosen is a safer pick in that he’s significantly more polished, but a much riskier pick in terms of durability, and therefore a much riskier pick overall. Can’t blame them for going in this direction.

Yep, which is why I was excited about the Hobbit

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I agree with you overall and I do think Darnold's sturdier build and greater athleticism will both serve him well as a pro. Rosen is a sharp pocket QB, but Darnold has the capacity to make plays both in and out of the pocket. Also, he's 20 years old... a baby. The Jets will have an opportunity potentially to have a franchise QB for a very long time if he develops as expected.

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Geno Smith only threw 6 ints as a senior

#extrapolation

Just now, Philc1 said:

Sam Darnold will be winning games and having us in the wildcard hunt while Baker Mayfield holds a clipboard for Tyrod 

Hey man, hope you are right. I think Mayfield is going to struggle in Cleveland cause Cleveland. Rosen in Az will look good next year imo

No offense but i trust nfl scouts more than your "gut feeling"

Our offensive scouts have done us wonders in our history, remember Kyle Brady instead of Warren Sapp, or Missing on Dan Marino lol. Cmon man. The fans are right more times than none - on 1st round picks. Scouts earn their paychecks in the 3rd round and after. Anyways off topic - Lamar Jackson to NE?

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Hey man, hope you are right. I think Mayfield is going to struggle in Cleveland cause Cleveland. Rosen in Az will look good next year imo

Me and you will be doing chlorophyll shots at a superbowl tailgate within 5 years! So good for us!!!! 

Our offensive scouts have done us wonders in our history, remember Kyle Brady instead of Warren Sapp, or Missing on Dan Marino lol. Cmon man. The fans are right more times than none - on 1st round picks. Scouts earn their paychecks in the 3rd round and after. Anyways off topic - Lamar Jackson to NE?

Maybe you should be picking our drafts you seem to know better with your talented "gut feelings".....although its probably just diarrhea lol

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Ditto. I didn’t love anyone in this class, but I can talk myself into anyone other than Allen, so I’m happy.

It’s fairytale quality. Sam Darnold !! Me and you high fiving at a Superbowl within five years.  Rebuild year 8!! Bwahaha 

Archived