WE GOT THE STEAL OF THE DRAFT.

predator_05

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

We got the best QB in the draft. 

With you. 

And ive checked out a few non-NY websites, argument there is whether the Jets won the draft or not - 2 or 3 teams also in that category with us.

and keep in mind our opportunity came from the CLEVELAND BROWNS doing something unexpected. SLAM DUNK!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, CTM said:

Hey man, hope you are right. I think Mayfield is going to struggle in Cleveland cause Cleveland. Rosen in Az will look good next year imo

Anyone can look good handing off and dumping off David Johnson

Sam Darnold is the franchise.  I hope Mayfield enjoys riding pine

Just now, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I really hope this guy is our next Namath, but if I have to tell you so, you’re never going to hear the end of it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It seems like you just want to be proven right. Like i said the kid needs seasoning so there is no rush he is only 20. However if you arent at all excited about him then its hard to trust your knowledge

1 hour ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Yea we got Sanchez 2.0.. YAY! He's a turnover machine, forget all his picks, 9 effin fumbles last season, doesnt know when to throw the ball away, takes a ton of unnecessary sacks, and cant protect the ball when taking those sacks. Remind you of someone? USC QBs are cursed like the Browns. I really wanted either Rosen or Mayfield - i really can't believe they dropped the ball there. Rosen was clearly the most NFL ready. Hopefully a miracle happens and he is the next Dan Marino, but i don't think so.... here's to hoping Bridgewater can return back to his old self 

B/c tons of QBs have busted because of their fumble tendency. Give me a break.

13 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Our offensive scouts have done us wonders in our history, remember Kyle Brady instead of Warren Sapp, or Missing on Dan Marino lol. Cmon man. The fans are right more times than none - on 1st round picks. Scouts earn their paychecks in the 3rd round and after. Anyways off topic - Lamar Jackson to NE?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Sapp failed a drug test and Hess refused to take him. 

Yeah. Let’s keep bringing up decisions from 25-30 yrs ago when the current Jets scouts, GM were just graduating from college. 

14 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Speaking of which, i could be eating these words in the future, but how relieved are you that the Bills went Allen instead of Rosen. 

It made me so happy. I said this in another thread, but it bears repeating: the only thing better than the Jets not taking Allen is a division rival trading up for him.

Honeslty, I was just reading a post in another thread - where someone just mentiond we need to let "Darnold" sit a few weeks...

and it just hit me..holy Sh-t - Sam Darnold is an F-in Jet...

That's amazing...I'm just so pumped....

Sleeping on the couch tonight - I'll keep my wife up all night otherwise!!!

J-E-T-S - jets, jets, jets.

21 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Speaking of which, i could be eating these words in the future, but how relieved are you that the Bills went Allen instead of Rosen. 

Rosen and the Bills never seemed like a good fit

2 hours ago, aec4 said:

Could have had him at 6 with all our 2nd rounders too.  

Hes not going to work here.  If we were going to pay all that we should have moved to 1 got mayfield.  

Oy!  I am not saying Darnold is a lock for Canton, but he is well over and above every QB in the 1st rnd of this draft.  These mofo's were so overhyped.  Mayfield, Rosen, Allen - MEH.    

16 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It made me so happy. I said this in another thread, but it bears repeating: the only thing better than the Jets not taking Allen is a division rival trading up for him.

Did you watch any Darnold? The Penn State Francesa special game, idk... he kinda does look like a cow on ice. I know Waldman likes him, but it doesn’t look smoothe at all.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Did you watch any Darnold? The Penn State Francesa special game, idk... he kinda does look like a cow on ice. 

I dunno. I have no feel whatsoever for QBs. The mechanics are a mess and the turnovers are a concern, but he does make a lot of plays. Top of my head, he reminds me a lot of Jameis, which I can live with for what we gave up.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Did you watch any Darnold? The Penn State Francesa special game, idk... he kinda does look like a cow on ice. I know Waldman likes him, but it doesn’t look smoothe at all.

He is 20 my brother. I’m 5 years he could  be cow jump over the moon. At only 25! 

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

I dunno. I have no feel whatsoever for QBs. The mechanics are a mess and the turnovers are a concer , but he does make a lot of plays. Top of my head, he reminds me a lot of Jameis, which I can live with.

Lots of those plays also a very close to being negatives plays, like lower TO's the year prior were the fluke

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I dunno. I have no feel whatsoever for QBs. The mechanics are a mess and the turnovers are a concern, but he does make a lot of plays. Top of my head, he reminds me a lot of Jameis, which I can live with for what we gave up.

Mechanics are a mess?  He has the same wind up and delivery as Russell Wilson and can make all the throws.  He actually is more accurate under duress while on the run that’s a very rare trait that is huge for a nfl qb

Just now, CTM said:

Lots of those plays also a very close to being negatives plays, like lower TO's the year prior were the fluke

Right. My biggest concern with Darnold is the 24 starts, because it means you have to guess at that next year. If he went back, I guess he could have won the Heisman, but he also could have thrown 20 picks. We’re making a big bet on the former.

Archived