When do we cut Hack, Petty and Bridgewater?

Philc1

On nfl network tonight they were already talking about the Jets considering cutting Bridgewater and the announcers had no idea how he even passed the physical to get signed in the first place.

Hack and Petty need to go like this week.  Get their suckage off our roster

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Hack gone

Petty gone

Go McCown, Bwater, Sammy D and let Sammy D do his thing over time...

We have to clean house and get those two idiot goofballs Hack and Petty our of here let them go play in the XFL

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

On nfl network tonight they were already talking about the Jets considering cutting Bridgewater and the announcers had no idea how he even passed the physical to get signed in the first place.

Let it play out for crying out loud.  No reason to cut any of them right now...maybe Petty, just to be nice about it and give him a chance to catch on elsewhere perhaps, but no big deal.

Bridgewater may not make it out of camp due to health.  See if Hack has made any progress..doubtful but whatever.  Petty is likely dead man walking unless Bridgewater can't make it and Hack shows continued irrelevance.

Always possible one or more of them show some progress in pre-season, and the Jets save nothing cutting them now.

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Lmao, is Philc playing around or did this really happen?

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Bridgewater and Petty are getting cut. Hack is just 22 still so I could see him hanging on to that 3rd spot.

Hell...If Bridgewater can't make it physically, and Petty outplays Hack you could keep Petty and put Hack on the PS..not like it would be any great loss if someone claimed him and you'd save a roster spot.

3 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Let it play out for crying out loud.  No reason to cut any of them right now...maybe Petty, just to be nice about it and give him a chance to catch on elsewhere perhaps, but no big deal.

Bridgewater may not make it out of camp due to health.  See if Hack has made any progress..doubtful but whatever.  Petty is likely dead man walking unless Bridgewater can't make it and Hack shows continued irrelevance.

Always possible one or more of them show some progress in pre-season, and the Jets save nothing cutting them now.

Play it out to what?  And for what purpose?  5 qbs on an nfl roster even before the 53 man cut that is still laughable 

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Hell...If Bridgewater can't make it physically, and Petty outplays Hack you could keep Petty and put Hack on the PS..not like it would be any great loss if someone claimed him and you'd save a roster spot.

Petty as a third stringer I guess makes sense on some level but if both Darnold and McCown got season ending injuries I doubt Petty outplays some random UFA off the street

1 minute ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Lmao, is Philc playing around or did this really happen?

Ahhh...they didn't say they had no idea how Bridgewater passed the physical, they said there was still some medical concerns at his physical and questions about whether he was a sure thing to make the roster IIRC.

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Petty as a third stringer I guess makes sense on some level but if both Darnold and McCown got season ending injuries I doubt Petty outplays some random UFA off the street

Aren't pre TC rosters like 90 players?  5 spots on QBs ain't that big a deal as most teams sign TC arms with no chance of making game day rosters.

5 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Ahhh...they didn't say they had no idea how Bridgewater passed the physical, they said there was still some medical concerns at his physical and questions about whether he was a sure thing to make the roster IIRC.

Bridgewater is finished and wasn’t good before the horrific injury.  Waste of time

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

We're not carrying only two QB's.

We're not cutting Bridgewater.

Hack and Petty, probably gone before preseason.

Bridegwater figures to be around in hopes some team at the end of camp or at the deadline needs a QB. May be they can convince one of the others to be on the practice squad, but decision doesn't ahve to be made until August. As long as the snaps are stirctly between McCown and Darnold, who cares. 

I feel really...really bad for Bridgewater. Not over the draft but what happened to him in general. The way they talked about his knee last night sounded like he's probably done with football. Keeping Hackenberg or Petty to back up for this year is fine with me. 

2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

No need to cut any of them until after camp - maybe trade one for an extra pick over the weekend

I would like to see Bridgewater make a comeback

You can’t get a carton of expired eggs for Hack or Petty

There is no reason to cut any of these guys today. What if Mccown gets hurt in camp? We need more than 2 QBs on the roster. If you told me we got a an extra draft pick by cutting any one of them I would be on board,  but at this point the only reason to cut Hack is to make sensitive Jets fans feel better. 

Cut Bridgewater and Petty.  Go into camp with McCown at 1 and Darnold at 2.  I would like to see them share an even amount of snaps during camp because if DArnold impresses like Russell Wilson did during camp then I think he deserves  to be day 1 starter.  IF not, let him sit half the season or maybe the full season to learn.  

Archived