When do we cut Hack, Petty and Bridgewater?

Philc1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BallinPB said:

Cut Bridgewater and Petty.  Go into camp with McCown at 1 and Darnold at 2.  I would like to see them share an even amount of snaps during camp because if DArnold impresses like Russell Wilson did during camp then I think he deserves  to be day 1 starter.  IF not, let him sit half the season or maybe the full season to learn.  

Having all this dead weight at the qb position simply takes snaps away from Darnold at TC and during preseason.  Let these guys go to Canada

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

On nfl network tonight they were already talking about the Jets considering cutting Bridgewater and the announcers had no idea how he even passed the physical to get signed in the first place.

Hack and Petty need to go like this week.  Get their suckage off our roster

Camp fodders. Will let em play the pre season n if there’s any spark, they might get a conditional pick back. I want the Jets to double down in the 5th n draft Mike White. 

I think they cut Petty soon out of “respect” so that he could possibly catch on elsewhere.
I think Bridgewater is done, basically a $500k flier. Get him and if he has anything left at all ( really his best option now is to become a solid backup after McCown retires).

Still think they hold on to Hack as #3. If the plan for Darnold is to hold him out until the first few games and McCown goes down in game one they will throw Hack to the wolves until they get Darnold ready.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On nfl network tonight they were already talking about the Jets considering cutting Bridgewater and the announcers had no idea how he even passed the physical to get signed in the first place.

I wouldn't put diddly squat into ANYTHING the NFL network reports on.

Hack and Petty will NOT be going anywhere this week.

One will be gone soon, through trade or cut, most likely Petty.

Hack will compete with Bridgewater in camp for a spot, and could stick as #3 if Bridge isn't healthy enough.

Both could be gone is the Jets bring in an UDFA as 3rd QB behind McCown and Darnold. I'd like a guy like JT Barrett for that role, if we can land a good one after the draft.

i suspect there may be a chance that one or more will go during day 2 or 3 of the draft.  i'm still not completely put off by hack.  i just can't see how mac could've missed that pick so badly.

I have seen enough of petty, he is not good and he will be either 26 or 27 this year. bye-bye. Hack is probably worse but he is still only 22. Let him flounder around a little bit more. He did improve from year 1 to 2, let's how he looks in year 3. Not holding out for him by any means though. Bridgewater will likely stick around assuming his knee is intact. It will depend how Darnold and Hack look. I don't think Jets will be comfortable with only hack and sam as backups to mccown. 

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

You have an uncanny knack for the negative.  Don't have to cut them all at once.

Petty should be gone. We've seen what he is...

I'd like to think Bridgewater keeps a roster spot - unless some sort of trade partner pops up with a decent offer.

Hack... Oh Hack... I think he needs to be cut, but may end up lasting another season. 

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Macagnan is praying someone is crazy enough to trade him a 7th rd pick for Petty 

You would be surprised what some desperate NFL team is willing to pay for a QB;

No point getting rid of them unless they need the roster spot until the end of training camp. Consider what happens if Teddy's knee is okay and a few teams loose their starters. If nobody want Hack and they really need to spot, they can release him and put him on the practice squad.

When you consider that the jets have 5 QBs and like 132 receivers, there is a chance for Mac to pick up some late round picks and/or players. Remember what Mac was able to get for Pryor and a year of Sheldon. I realize that many never liked the Petty or Hack picks, but why all of the hate? Just because we picked badly doesn't make these guys Satan. If Mac is smart, we might just get some value for these guys...

14 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Lmao, is Philc playing around or did this really happen?

I heard them say on NFLN that they thought Bridgewater would be cut do to his past injury, it kind of suprised me. They said it fast and moved on quickly. Hopefully it's not true but I guess  we will see. 

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

You would be surprised what some desperate NFL team is willing to pay for a QB;

No point getting rid of them unless they need the roster spot until the end of training camp. Consider what happens if Teddy's knee is okay and a few teams loose their starters. If nobody want Hack and they really need to spot, they can release him and put him on the practice squad.

When you consider that the jets have 5 QBs and like 132 receivers, there is a chance for Mac to pick up some late round picks and/or players. Remember what Mac was able to get for Pryor and a year of Sheldon. I realize that many never liked the Petty or Hack picks, but why all of the hate? Just because we picked badly doesn't make these guys Satan. If Mac is smart, we might just get some value for these guys...

Bryce Petty is not a qb

4 hours ago, Barkus said:

I have seen enough of petty, he is not good and he will be either 26 or 27 this year. bye-bye. Hack is probably worse but he is still only 22. Let him flounder around a little bit more. He did improve from year 1 to 2, let's how he looks in year 3. Not holding out for him by any means though. Bridgewater will likely stick around assuming his knee is intact. It will depend how Darnold and Hack look. I don't think Jets will be comfortable with only hack and sam as backups to mccown. 

Keeping 5 qbs on the roster through August is just dumb and actually hurts us in the long run because Sam, the one young qb on our roster with a shot at actually being good, loses TC and preseason reps because we installed the social welfare program at qb

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Bryce Petty is not a qb

Well, maybe so, but 2 teams tried to trade for him last year. I didn't say we were going to be able to trade them, I said you would be surprised what a team will pay for a QB; even just a athlete wearing a QBs numbers.

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

We're not carrying only two QB's.

We're not cutting Bridgewater.

Hack and Petty, probably gone before preseason.

Actually they have said a couple times that Bridgewater cannot really pass a physical and that he is likely to be dropped. I am ecstatic with Darnold but with the rest of our QB roster, I would probably draft Luke Falk at 72. 

If Bridge was anywhere close to healthy a lot sooner than camp. But because he's not well, we're gonna hold onto the two as long as we need camp arms.

Hack does stand a chance of making the Practice Squad regardless of anything else, that's on him. Petty is gonzo unless everything goes horribly wrong within a certain time frame.

I would actually be on board with Petty or Hack becoming the long term # 3 guy. If Bridgewater can't be the long term # 2, you try and see if either of them can develop into a # 2.

The conversation has finally changed because we don't need miracles from scrubs.

23 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

If Bridge was anywhere close to healthy a lot sooner than camp. But because he's not well, we're gonna hold onto the two as long as we need camp arms.

Hack does stand a chance of making the Practice Squad regardless of anything else, that's on him. Petty is gonzo unless everything goes horribly wrong within a certain time frame.

Hack is either rostered or PS until his rookie contract expires.  Macagnan is so scared of admitting he totally screwed up even after he redeemed himself by getting Darnold 

On 4/28/2018 at 4:02 PM, slimjasi said:

Petty is 100% a goner. If Bridgewater is healthy, so is Hack. If not, Hack is 3rd string again and Teddy is a goner. 

I’m still waiting on all those high draft picks we were supposed to get for Petty according to twitter 

Archived