When do we cut Hack, Petty and Bridgewater?

Philc1

On 4/28/2018 at 2:07 PM, Philc1 said:

I think it’s planted bs by Macagnan who is desperate to get anything for petty

I don’t know why the reporters are not grilling mac about this. They need to ask :  What kind of offers did he supposed turn down for petty ? Would he take a lie detector test to prove “teams” actually made calls about petty. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/26/2018 at 11:25 PM, RSJ said:

Bridgewater and Petty are getting cut. Hack is just 22 still so I could see him hanging on to that 3rd spot.

Why do you say Petty will be cut?  For the second straight off-season... reports have surfaced from reliable sources that teams have inquired about trading for him.

Petty is not any good, we know that. 

Nevertheless, he might be worth a 6th or 7th to another team? 

Or perhaps, the Jets know that Bridge isnt healthy enough to play and aren't willing to show the world that Hack flat out stinks... forcing the Jets to keep Petty into camp and pre-season so they have a 3rd QB other than McCown and Darnold? 

Maybe both situations are true.

17 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I don’t know why the reporters are not grilling mac about this. They need to ask :  What kind of offers did he supposed turn down for petty ? Would he take a lie detector test to prove “teams” actually made calls about petty. 

They’re not grilling him because the story was planted via a second hand hearsay source on twitter 

13 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Why do you say Petty will be cut?  For the second straight off-season... reports have surfaced from reliable sources that teams have inquired about trading for him.

Petty is not any good, we know that. 

Nevertheless, he might be worth a 6th or 7th to another team? 

Or perhaps, the Jets know that Bridge isnt healthy enough to play and aren't willing to show the world that Hack flat out stinks... forcing the Jets to keep Petty into camp and pre-season so they have a 3rd QB other than McCown and Darnold? 

Maybe both situations are true.

The reliable source was one guy on twitter and then a bunch of reporters citing that tweet 

Archived