Good morning Mogglez

section314

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not Moggelz, but the Jets released video of the call they had with Darnold right before he goes to the podium.  Both Bowles and Chris Johnson say they didn't think they had a shot at him.  That's real time as the pick is being made.  It seemed genuine to me.  I truly do think they had him #1 and were legitimately surprised he was there.

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Not Moggelz, but the Jets released video of the call they had with Darnold right before he goes to the podium.  Both Bowles and Chris Johnson say they didn't think they had a shot at him.  That's real time as the pick is being made.  It seemed genuine to me.  I truly do think they had him #1 and were legitimately surprised he was there.

Agreed I think most teams had him as the #1 QB.

7 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Agreed I think most teams had him as the #1 QB.

As did most of the media analysts.  But now the rewriting of history will start for many.  Except for CBS.  They had Mason Rudolph ranked #1 for a while so that puts them right around National Enquirer level already.

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I am curious. Because he said Mac was in love with Rosen for the longest time. Wonder what changed.

I suspect what changed was that when you are on the clock, you no longer need to spin false narratives.  I doubt anything changed for Macc in the last few hours.

I loved Rosen, and would have been happy to get him, but obviously Macc liked Darnold more and I'm on the bus.

I usually follow the CBS draft site but this year I was like WTF ? They were all over the map on their player rankings. I mean totally bonkers. It's like the people who put it together never saw a college game this year.

42 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

do you have a link to the video?

43 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

WHAT RESTAURANT WAS MACC TALKING ABOUT THO?????

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

As did most of the media analysts.  But now the rewriting of history will start for many.  Except for CBS.  They had Mason Rudolph ranked #1 for a while so that puts them right around National Enquirer level already.

:D But if Pats take him early in 2nd, media will make CBS out to be the savants of the draft.

4 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I usually follow the CBS draft site but this year I was like WTF ? They were all over the map on their player rankings. I mean totally bonkers. It's like the people who put it together never saw a college game this year.

Well it gives them some cover to give 'C' draft grades to the first 3 teams.  Obviously, in their eyes, both CLE and NYJ should have taken Rudolph ahead of Mayfield and Darnold.  WTF doesn't even really start to describe it. :D

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Well it gives them some cover to give 'C' draft grades to the first 3 teams.  Obviously, in their eyes, both CLE and NYJ should have taken Rudolph ahead of Mayfield and Darnold.  WTF doesn't even really start to describe it. :D

Rob Rang and Brugler both left CBS.  CBS player evaluations and rankings are now worthless.  Rang went to NFLscout.com which is now way better than CBS.

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Most 20 yr olds are ha

Not like this.  As I said above, it's not a bad thing, just seems super uncomfortable.

Possibly colored by being a bit disappointed, only in that he literally wore a brown tie and pocket square.

27 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I am curious. Because he said Mac was in love with Rosen for the longest time. Wonder what changed.

You can be love someone but find someone else that check marks everything you need and fall in love with that person more. 

22 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

same here, Prisco is a hater, but it was awful this year, once I saw that Darnold grade, i closed the tab and moved over to WalterFootball of all places another hater site, but they were pretty fair with the grades this year.

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Not like this.  As I said above, it's not a bad thing, just seems super uncomfortable.

Possibly colored by being a bit disappointed, only in that he literally wore a brown tie and pocket square.

Tie looks the same color as the USC helmet sitting in front of him...

1 minute ago, MTJ06 said:

Tie looks the same color as the USC helmet sitting in front of him...

Yeah, it could be USC.  Regardless, while I'm not sure he wanted to be Brown, I'm pretty sure he was thinking he was going #1 until pretty recently, at least.

1 minute ago, mphtrilogy said:

same here, Prisco is a hater, but it was awful this year, once I saw that Darnold grade, i closed the tab and moved over to WalterFootball of all places another hater site, but they were pretty fair with the grades this year.

I liked Pete a lot when he was with The Sporting News. Don't know WTF happened. I used NFL.com this year. I'll have to check out Walter.

Archived