Josh Rosen: Huge A-Hole!

HighPitch

42 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Yea I get the whole "fierce competition" thing.....

No you don't.

Peyton Manning's pre-draft challenge still sticks with Bill Polian

We asked former Indianapolis Colts general manager Bill Polian, who drafted Peyton Manning in 1998, for his favorite memory. Here is what he said:

"He called me, maybe eight or nine days before the draft. ‘Have you made up your mind?

"I said, ‘No, I haven’t. I’m really slow to do things. So it’s going to be later in the week.’

"'Well, I’ve got to go to New York. Why can’t you make up your mind?’

"He was annoyed. I said, ‘Well, look, you’ve got to come in for a physical.’ There were some little odds and ends that we needed to check. So he came in, stopped in the office.

" 'Look, when do you have to go to New York?'

" ‘I leave for New York on Thursday.’

" The draft was on Saturday. So I said, ‘Well, look, Mr. Irsay wants to be part of the process. So I’m not going to jump the gun. But I promise you this: By the time you get to New York, I’ll have an answer, if you promise me that you won’t let it out. If you do, you’re dumping on the owner.’

"He said, ‘Okay. No problem.’

" 'Great. I’ll call you.'

"He gets up to leave and says, ‘I’ll leave you with this thought: If you take me, I promise you we will win a championship. If you don’t, I promise I’ll come back and kick your ass.’

"He was true to his word."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/03/06/peyton-manning-bill-polian-indianapolis-colts/81403586/

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's freaking weird the way Rosen is treated by people. Tom Brady is cocky and a dick. Peyton Manning came from a privileged background. None of these things matter other than play on the field. 

Different.

1. Tom Brady wasn't a cocky dickhead during the NFL Draft

2. Peyton Manning came from a FOOTBALL family...not the family that created Wharton School of Business, not a neurosurgeon's son, not the son of Obama's top pick to be Surgeon General, not the son of ice dancers, not raised in Manhattan Beach, CA...the list goes on and on and on and on...

Ah, whatever... hardly the first guy to come out and tell his team/everyone that they got the best, which this is essentially just a variation of.  I was convinced the Jets were going to be taking Rosen, and was in favor of that, with the assumption Darnold would be off the board.  I'm ultimately happy with how it all worked out, but I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't have been happy with Rosen, nor that something like this would have changed my mind.  I'd probably be supporting such a comment if he made it about getting passed at 1 and 2 if the Jets had taken him at 3.

Short of him going full-blown Ryan Leaf, I think the attitude stuff is seriously overstated.  From my perspective, the real concern that came along with him was health, so we'll see how that plays out for him.

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's freaking weird the way Rosen is treated by people. Tom Brady is cocky and a dick. Peyton Manning came from a privileged background. None of these things matter other than play on the field. 

I agree. How is this any different than Aaron Rodgers response to dropping?

MANHATTAN BEACH, CA

Manhattan Beach is a city in southwestern Los Angeles County, California, United States, on the Pacific coast south of El Segundo, and north of Hermosa Beach. Manhattan Beach is one of the three Beach Cities that make up the South Bay. Mira Costa High School in Manhattan Beach is ranked in the top 1% of high schools nationally.[10] In 2016, Forbes ranked Manhattan Beach at #74 on its list of America's most expensive zip codes with a median home price of $2,815,327. According to a May 18, 2017 Property Shark study the City of Manhattan Beach 90266 zip code ranked as the 32nd most expensive zip code in the United States. According to a December 2017 Property Shark study the City of Manhattan Beach had the highest median price per square foot for residential properties ($943 per foot) of all 88 cities in L.A. County. 

In MB, the BILLIONAIRES price out the MILLIONAIRES.

30 minutes ago, kelly said:

agreed !.. but,... i Luv Sam   :wub:

hqdefault.jpg

You've been lovin' on Sam before most of us and you've been consistent.  I think that's great!   What's the over/under on the number of orgasms you experienced last night?

Yeah he's motivated now. Just wait til a lineman smacks him in the mouth. " hey you can't stop me -  9 teams made a mistake - I'm motivated". If he needs this to motivate him then he's in trouble. He's a couple of concussions or another shoulder injury away from becoming an ice dancer. Isn't it funny that some of the same people on this board  who scream about drafting injury prone draft picks are now crying in their soup over an injury prone QB.

Just now, southtown24th said:

Different.

2. Peyton Manning came from a FOOTBALL family...not the family that created Wharton School of Business, not a neurosurgeon's son, not the son of Obama's top pick to be Surgeon General, not the son of ice dancers, not raised in Manhattan Beach, CA...the list goes on and on and on and on...

It's bizarre you're knocking a kid because his family is accomplished. And the reason is because he had it easy growing up? Why would that be different for Peyton and Eli? Yeah his father was a QB, doesn't make their lives an harder. 

These guys all came from wealth; 

Matt Stafford

Matt Simms

Andrew Luck

Nick Foles

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's bizarre you're knocking a kid because his family is accomplished. And the reason is because he had it easy growing up? Why would that be different for Peyton and Eli? Yeah his father was a QB, doesn't make their lives an harder. 

Matt Stafford

Matt Simms

Andrew Luck

Nick Foles

jamal adams didn’t exactly grow up poor either 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Matt Stafford

Matt Simms

Andrew Luck

Nick Foles

My family is accomplished...I had it "easy" growing up.  I grew up in Mendham, NJ. I live in LA.

Trust me, you have NEVER seen a place like Manhattan Beach.  Your dad is not a neurosurgeon.  Sorry.

9 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Different.

Eli wasn't priviledged?

Raised as football royalty.   "I don't want to go San Diego"    NY sure didn't eat him up.

I am on board with who we got.  I hope it works out for literally 20 years.   My 2 cents, I like Rosen, I like his fire.  

10 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

MANHATTAN BEACH, CA

Manhattan Beach is a city in southwestern Los Angeles County, California, United States, on the Pacific coast south of El Segundo, and north of Hermosa Beach. Manhattan Beach is one of the three Beach Cities that make up the South Bay. Mira Costa High School in Manhattan Beach is ranked in the top 1% of high schools nationally.[10] In 2016, Forbes ranked Manhattan Beach at #74 on its list of America's most expensive zip codes with a median home price of $2,815,327. According to a May 18, 2017 Property Shark study the City of Manhattan Beach 90266 zip code ranked as the 32nd most expensive zip code in the United States. According to a December 2017 Property Shark study the City of Manhattan Beach had the highest median price per square foot for residential properties ($943 per foot) of all 88 cities in L.A. County. 

In MB, the BILLIONAIRES price out the MILLIONAIRES.

I don't see the words "Josh Rosen", "football"

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Matt Stafford

Matt Simms

Andrew Luck

Nick Foles

Show me the $5 million dollar house you grew up in...I'll wait.

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Eli wasn't priviledged?

Raised as football royalty.   "I don't want to go San Diego"    NY sure didn't eat him up.

I am on board with who we got.  I hope it works out for literally 20 years.   My 2 cents, I like Rosen, I like his fire.  

Football "royalty"...a 2 time Pro Bowler is football royalty? What are you smoking?

8 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

He's a bitch who would have imploded in this market. As sad as I am we didn't get Baker avoiding the 2 Josh's makes up for it

Don't be silly.  New York would have loved its Jewish quarterback.  We would have seen promotional videos about his great grandparents arriving at Ellis Island, their apartment in the Bronx, etc.

Feels like the "We Wanted Rosen" Crowd are the most butthurt of all today.

Most of the Pro-Mayfield gusy are like "meh, ok, Darnold, nice pick, lets hope the INT's go away".

Rosen fans are legit pissed off to the point of defending his sh*tty bitching comments.

Just now, Warfish said:

Feels like the "We Wanted Rosen" Crowd are the most butthurt of all today.

Most of the Pro-Mayfield gusy are like "meh, ok, Darnold, nice pick, lets hope the INT's go away".

Rosen fans are legit pissed off to the point of defending his sh*tty bitching comments.

Saying 9 teams made a mistake is bitching? 

BTW. Nice to see you. 

Archived