Josh Rosen: Huge A-Hole!

HighPitch

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

The maturity/leadership questions are bullsh*t. The problem I have with him is that he has the elusiveness in the pocket of a tackling dummy. That and his slight build and injury history is a worrisome combination. 

Rosen looks like gumby next to Sam "clutch Cargo" Darnold

I think the biggest concern is what happens after he suffers his 1st, 2nd and 3rd concussion.  That probably scared teams off the most, the fear he would walk away from the game in a few years.  

I think this draft worked out perfect for all the teams in the 1st rd who took QB's, will be fun to watch them all play out.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Rosen is going to be significantly better in the nfl than Shorty Mayfield 

We shall see.  I think Mayfield's accuracy, mobility, quick feet and ability to throw on the run will make him the better pro, despite his height.  But I know, he's a midget, shorty, hobbit, etc...

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

If Rosen plays behind a solid line... He will be scary good. By far the purest passer in the draft.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

He also has a huge Ryan Leaf meltdown risk—will be really interesting to see how he deals with adversity 

7 hours ago, Dunnie said:

If Rosen plays behind a solid line... He will be scary good. By far the purest passer in the draft.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

his film impressed me.  Poise in the pocket, accurate and good decisions.  For me, it was his lack of mobility and propensity for injury that deterred me from wanting him.  Not his passing ability, which is really good.  If Arizona can keep him in one piece, they will be very happy with their pick for many years to come.

Any QB behind the Jets O-line had better be mobile or he will have a short career.  And Mac simply does not draft OL or even get really good FA's.  To him, mediocre is just fine.  Just look at the JAGs he brought in to allegedly "shore up" the line this year.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

his film impressed me.  Poise in the pocket, accurate and good decisions.  For me, it was his lack of mobility and propensity for injury that deterred me from wanting him.  Not his passing ability, which is really good.  If Arizona can keep him in one piece, they will be very happy with their pick for many years to come.

Any QB behind the Jets O-line had better be mobile or he will have a short career.  And Mac simply does not draft OL or even get really good FA's.  To him, mediocre is just fine.  Just look at the JAGs he brought in to allegedly "shore up" the line this year.

I'd point to the Jets OLine from 2009-2011, as the reason they made those AFCCG pushes.  Especially with an average, rookie QB they were able to execute on offense.  When you mortgage the franchise on a new QB by making the big trade up to #3 you simply have to invest in the OLine to protect him and get value out of that pick.  It's like buying a Ferrari and then parking it on the street and not buying insurance for it.  I'm not saying we need a repeat of 2006 when we used two 1st round picks on OLine but the Jets should really consider targeting a young LT in next year's 1st round and potentially upgrading LG and/or drafting a mid-round Center prospect.  It's simply time to do this IMO.

Any NFL QB behind a top offensive line thats playing great should look like Tom Brady. It's when things start to happen that determines how good they really are. Things like bad weather, dropped passes, unblocked blitzers, defense alignments they weren't prepared for, injuries,  JJWatt, Ray Lewis, Lawrence Taylor, poor coaching, poor preparation, bad food, lack of sleep and a miriad of other issues that can crop up from week to week. Of course Rosen will look like a stud with everything being perfect but how long does that last? Not for long in the NFL.

20 hours ago, Dcat said:

I fully agree but (and I know you're not saying they are) these are not trivial points.  I think he will be fun to watch early in his career.  And I think he lucked out playing in the perfect weather of AZ.  

44 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I fully agree but (and I know you're not saying they are) these are not trivial points.  I think he will be fun to watch early in his career.  And I think he lucked out playing in the perfect weather of AZ.  

David Johnson is going to be a huge help to Rosen

TEMPE, Ariz. – Scheduled to be on the practice field until noon, the Arizona Cardinals ended their first day of organized team activities, or OTAs, well before then. And there was a very good reason for that, according to head coach Steve Wilks.

“The tempo and the urgency was there and that’s one of the things that we emphasize,” he said Tuesday. “When you look at the pace of practice, I think we probably finished up 22 minutes ahead of time, so that’s outstanding.”

Players hustled on and off the field and from one drill to the next.

“It’s very beneficial,” safety Antoine Bethea said. “You go out there, get your work done and get off the field. It’s very up-tempo so at the end of the day, you’re going out there, you’re getting your work done, you’re getting conditioning and everything, so everything is working hand-in-hand.”

Wilks, as he has since landing the head coaching job, stressed the fundamentals.

The Cardinals will be on the field a total of 10 times between now and mid-June before they break until training camp.

“I love it. He’s a big detail guy and I feel like that’s the things you need,” dollar linebacker Deone Bucannon said, referring to Wilks. “The details are important. I feel like if you miss out on the little things, it’s going to affect the big things so I feel like if we get the little things, big things are going to happen.”

Though players practiced in just helmets and shorts, the start of OTAs meant the offense could go against the defense, with limited contact, of course.

Two players stood out to Wilks.

“David Johnson. He looked outstanding today,” Wilks said. “It’s good to have him back out there, just flying around and the things that he’s doing right now is pretty exciting. Josh (Rosen) looked great today. Some of his timing and his throws with the quarterback and tight ends, I thought, were right on point.”

For Johnson, this was his first real action — minus pads — since dislocating his wrist in Week 1 last season.

Several other players coming off injury were participating as well, including Bethea (pectoral muscle), left tackle D.J. Humphries (knee), left guard Mike Iupati (triceps) and running back T.J. Logan (wrist).

“I was a little limited,” Humphries said. “I’m still a little timid in my steps here and there just because I’ve been doing a lot of stuff on air. This is the first time getting in front of people. Every period I get a few reps. It’s good to get my feet wet again.”

Defensive end Markus Golden (knee) and tight end Jermaine Gresham (Achilles) worked out on the side.

Day 1 of OTAs also marked the first time the rookies shared the field with veterans.

“The vets took control today in really showing these guys how we do it. I thought those guys did a good job of falling in place. (Rookie receiver) Christian (Kirk) did some good things as well as (rookie running back) Chase (Edmonds),” Wilks said. “I’m excited about the young class and what those guys are going to bring to us.”

Rosen runs with the 1s

The rookies had the field all to themselves during the three-day mini-camp over the weekend. Their reps now are expected to be reduced, though that wasn’t the case for Rosen on Tuesday.

With the Cardinals being cautious with starter Sam Bradford and backup Mike Glennon leaving practice early after vomiting on the field.

“I think Mike had a little bug … but he’s fine and he should be out there tomorrow,” Wilks said.

Rosen worked with the first-team offense.

“He stepped in the huddle and had a lot of pizzazz. He didn’t seem like he was choked up at all. His voice didn’t crack none. He wasn’t talking low. He was excited,” Humphries said. “He was asserting himself into the huddle and I was pretty excited to see it. He seemed like he was pretty prepared to step right in there and command some stuff. He didn’t seem like a rookie at all.”

Rosen is a bit behind Bradford and Glennon as far as learning the playbook. Wilks, though, didn’t seem too concerned pointing to Rosen’s intelligence.

“And most importantly, he puts the time and effort in,” Wilks said. “I think he’s going to be able to pick it up quickly and go out there and execute.”

http://arizonasports.com/story/1529177/cardinals-hit-field-otas-david-johnson-josh-rosen-impress/

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

That's one thing Ryan Leaf talked to him about pre draft.

I never root for anyone to fail (unless they play for the Pats or Fins), but just get a bad vibe about Rosen. Of course, I elevate being wrong to an artform. :)

Archived